Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Multi clutch for Prize dragons?

This thread is being closed because raffles have been re-introduced in the cave. After we see how the new system is, if someone would like to suggest this or something similar, they may start a new thread.

I think this is the last part of the base for the combo suggestion to improve the raffle:

This was originally Olympe's suggestion:

Multiclutch for the prize dragons only, as TJ already stated int he "improve the raffle thread" he's interested in this idea (as far as I know with this suggestion we also get to keep no more than 1 egg):

CB: Chance of breeding up to 4 eggs.

2nd gen: Chance of breeding up to 3 eggs.

3rd gen: Chance of breeding up to 2 eggs.

4th gen and higher: no multi-clutches possible (unless mated to a holiday dragon during its breeding season)

A little clarification on the multiclutch:

The breeds could turn out:

4 prizes

3 prizes, 1 kin

2 prizes, 2 kins

1 prize, 3 kins

4 kins

Other threads discussing the other parts of the combo suggestion are, per TJ's request:

* More "Holiday" and "Raffle" Times

* Improve Prize Breeding Ratios, For science!

* Fertility Rework

* Put hatchies first in AP, or sort AP by caught / bred date

* Release of Prize dragons in-cave, Based on a schedule

* Release a Coal Version of the prize dragon?, For all raffle participants only or....

So... what do you guys think?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

actually, tj said its an interesting mechanic. thats far from endorsing this idea as it was written in the OP.

That aside, I am fully against anything that takes the control out of a players hand, where their offspring end up.

While its an interesting suggestion, I tend to agree with White Baron here. If this was created as a BSA, then I'd support. Something that can be applied to all dragons, when the owner desires.

Cheers!

C4.

It's an interesting idea, but I'd be more in favor of a version of this that was voluntary - some sort of bsa that had the effect of allowing for multi-clutches graduated in this way.

I'd also be more in favor of this if it were available for all dragons, not just prize dragons.

That way, if I try to breed my 2nd gen tsunami x Shadow pairs (from my alts) there's a good chance that one or two eggs would go to the AP where I believe they'd be valued. Any time I breed my Shadow alts potentially 3 eggs would go to the AP. Who knows what treasures people would find there?

I'd be alright with it. Actually, I'd be ok with the return of multiclutches for all dragons, just as a very, very small chance. It was fun in the old days to be surprised when you got more than one egg, and be able to pick whichever code you liked more. Since the AP backlogs everything to nice low times for us, and doesn't block the cave now, it shouldn't be a big deal.

The BSA idea is alright, but unless a more practical way to use it on multiple things at once is instated, I think it'd not get used much. I'd not at all mind showering extra eggs into the AP, but using fertility on my nice pairings is work enough--I would hate to have to go through doing another BSA on all of them one by one as well, so I'd probably not do it often. X___x

Although, food for thought--if this were implemented for Prizes only, I think the ratios would need a boost as well. The person who spends ages breeding a Gold Tinsel from Black Tea would probably be pretty annoyed to see a second Tinsel pop out of the pairing, not so much because they mind seeing it go elsewhere, but because it means they're that much less likely to get another Gold Tinsel in the months to come.

Out of all the potential ways to improve Prize Dragons - I feel this is one of the better ideas (as it increases the Quantity and would help take some of the pressure off breeders and hunters)

Though I must agree that this would be better as a voluntary thing - maybe a BSA all Dragons have (except those with a BSA already and those who can't breed) that you can only use once every week (or longer) scroll wide (so no matter the Dragon, it would say

Multi-clutch: You must wait another X time before you can use this again)

Otherwise - if not as a BSA, then I would want to see the auto-abandon element removed for the breeding of Prize Dragons to give players better control over what happens to their eggs.

However, if a player is at their limit (say they have a Gold trophy and have 5 eggs on their scroll - and breeding results in 3 eggs...) the extra egg(s) would be auto-abandoned after the one(s) you want to save are chosen.

I am not necessarily against this idea, but IIRC at least one Prize owner posted in the old thread saying they would not breed their Prize any more if this happened. That may not be a widespread feeling, but if it is, then this wouldn't have the desired effect. To have it available voluntarily might appease those who want to control all their eggs.

I support this idea, and I don't think it should be voluntary. The whole point of it is to make sure that lower-gen prize dragons are spread around a bit more including to people who can't possibly "afford" one. Yes, some prize owners gift, but a lot don't, and even the ones who do gift aren't necessarily going to gift their eggs to people that they don't know.

If we make this optional, there's a good chance that a significant percentage of prize owners will choose not to do it because they don't want anyone getting their eggs "for free" or they feel some kind of compulsive need to control where every single one of their eggs goes. We don't get that option for holiday multi-clutches, and the point of holiday multi-clutches (I think) is to spread the eggs around for people who can't afford to trade for one. So I don't know why it should be any different here--you can't stop your holiday dragon from multi-clutching (unless you choose not to breed it altogether) and you can't choose where the extra multi-clutch eggs go, so why should that be any different with the low-gen prize dragons which are still rarer than many holiday breeds?

If this suggestion comes to pass and isn't optional, I'm sure some prize owners will decide not to breed their prizes at all. But they'll be in the minority and the overall number of low-gen prize eggs going around will still be higher than under the current system, and more importantly, there will be more low-gen prize eggs hitting the AP where people who can't "afford" to trade for one will have a chance at them.

Also, multiclutching used to be the default. People might feel entitled to full control of all eggs now, but if multiclutching had never been switched off to begin with, would they feel the same way? I don't know.

I'd love to see multi-clutches again, especially on low-gen Prize dragons. Then maybe more eggs would get into the general population, instead of the prize owners controlling all the eggs.

I don't mind the Prize owners making a profit, but I don't have much chance of getting on lists because I'm not all that sociable. Truth is, I don't even know who most of the prize owners are, so I have no clue whom to contact to ask to be on a list. Not to mention, I don't like being told that I have nothing worth trading for.. which is the response I've gotten from a few of the prize owners I have contacted in the past.

I play this game to collect dragons and do fancy breeding projects. I'm not much of a trader, and it irks me sometimes that the only way to get Prize dragons is to trade for them. I can get most of what I need from either the Biomes or the AP, but not Prize dragons. Sometimes you can find a Prize dragon in the AP, but it's usually 5th gen or higher.. not worth anything for trading, and pretty useless for breeding projects too. So any way to acquire a 2nd gen Prize dragon without trading is a good idea in my opinion.

Multi-clutch: You must wait another X time before you can use this again)

Otherwise - if not as a BSA, then I would want to see the auto-abandon element removed for the breeding of Prize Dragons to give players better control over what happens to their eggs.

As a BSA that can be used on any dragon, with a limit of - say - one use per month per scroll, fine, as in TJ's suggestion a few months ago on another thread - as a change to the fertility function.

But NO to being able to avoid auto-abandon. The same should apply as to any other breeding - count your growing things before you do the deed, and as with any other multiclutch, you should have to choose ONE to control (keep or gift/trade.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

@renorei:

the purpose of a holiday is to share, and spread the love. its why the holidays are still multiclutching as the only eggs.

the purpose of a prize is to get something special, unique to you.

so the purpose here is very differently, and thus, the effects of implementing such a thing are as well.

in the end, trading for 2g prizes will be even more expensive. reason? Because due to ratios, and the chance to end up in multiclutches, the owners will be able to trade even less of them per year.

@whitebaron

The purpose of the holidays multi-clutching is to spread them around more. The purpose of the low-gen prizes multi-clutching would be to spread them around more. It's the exact same purpose.

This wouldn't interfere with the prize owners having something special that is unique to them. They would still be the only people that have CB versions of the prizes. It would simply mean that on occasion, 2nd and 3rd gen tinsels would hit the AP and be caught by someone who didn't "pay" for them and wasn't a friend of the owner.

@whitebaron

The purpose of the holidays multi-clutching is to spread them around more. The purpose of the low-gen prizes multi-clutching would be to spread them around more. It's the exact same purpose.

This wouldn't interfere with the prize owners having something special that is unique to them. They would still be the only people that have CB versions of the prizes. It would simply mean that on occasion, 2nd and 3rd gen tinsels would hit the AP and be caught by someone who didn't "pay" for them and wasn't a friend of the owner.

who in turn, would ask for high prizes to milk his find to the max.

sorry, but all this is just greed, not on the part of the owners, but on the side of the non.owners, who'd very much like to have their own money printing machines as well...

I would honestly perfer to see multi-clutch come back as available to all dragons via BSA rather than limited to just certain breeds. The concept of limiting the chance based on generation is interesting but it could just as easily apply to all dragon breeds.

@whitebaron

The same goal can be achieved WITHOUT the downsides by instituting a graduated breeding bias in favor of the low gen Prizes.

In short: The CB Prizes have a better shot at producing Prizes than does a 5th or higher gen prize.

That would spread out the wealth but without any of the control issues. AND it would also decrease the value of 2nd gen prizes, which is worthwhile in its own right. Also, it has its own thread.

Cheers!

C4.

who in turn, would ask for high prizes to milk his find to the max.

sorry, but all this is just greed, not on the part of the owners, but on the side of the non.owners, who'd very much like to have their own money printing machines as well...

The more of them there are, the less valuable they are, so that doesn't really work.

Personally, I have a 2nd gen, and I'm on lists for several more. So it'd be in my favor--if I was only after personal profit--to keep them rare. Yet I'm here, supporting making low gen Prizes more generally obtainable for everyone.

I agree with this for one sole reason. My holiday is not less valuable to me than a CB prize is to its owner. If I don't have a say in where my babies go, why should we make it different for prize owners?

I don't think that is fair for the rest of the users.

same logic though, would have to apply for cb rares, and maybe even uncommons, and maybe even commons...

and your holidays? they are all less valuable, as there are even more cb hollys than tinsels and shimmers.

Not in a personal view, which is the argument in favor of letting prize owners choose where their babies go. Some of my holidays have a higher personal value to me than my rarest dragons, so why shouldn't my feelings be taken into consideration, yet those of the prize winners have to?

Prize winners are not at fault here, but they are already a privileged elite. Giving them more privileges is unfair for the normal userbase.

And I don't mind if it is holidays, or every dragon (it was an example, I used holidays as the actual dragons who multiclutch are the holidays, not the silver, or the BBW).

Your Holidays don't multiclutch with every single breeding though, do they? They only do so once a year and for the other 51 potential breedings you can control any egg you get.

Your Holidays don't multiclutch with every single breeding though, do they? They only do so once a year and for the other 51 potential breedings you can control any egg you get.

A long time ago, they did. Everything did. Maybe not all the time, but there was always the chance of it. Honestly I'd prefer a return to that system over just adding multiclutching for Prizes.

Yes, this is the important thing to note about Holiday dragons. They breed true for one week out of the entire year. No other kind of breedable dragon does that (the closest are seasonals, which are a quarter of the year which is still considerably longer than just one week).

I think it would just be best to have multiclutching as a BSA option for all dragons.

Yes, this is the important thing to note about Holiday dragons. They breed true for one week out of the entire year. No other kind of breedable dragon does that (the closest are seasonals, which are a quarter of the year which is still considerably longer than just one week).

I think it would just be best to have multiclutching as a BSA option for all dragons.

Agreed. smile.gif

I'm in support of the staggered multi-clutches. And frankly I just don't understand the desire to have absolute control over the offspring.

Prize owners have something unique in their prizes, isn't that enough? They got their moment of "OMG, OMG, I won" and all the thrill of winning.

Multi-clutching still gives them the option to keep at least one prize egg from every clutch that breeds a shiny, and they have a good chance of getting that shiny IF the staggering is used. It also gives other players that chance, no matter how small, of also getting an OMG, OMG moment in the AP.

And so what if somebody 'milks' an AP catch in trade, at least they'd be up for trade, unlike now.

Like Commander Wymsy pointed out, they also breed true a single clutch (maybe a single egg) a year, with no opportunity to breed true along the whole year. I think it is a sensible comparison.

Anyways, I usually avoid this threads because I hate arguments, so I think I'll just leave. sad.gif

That makes it even less of a sensible comparison in my opinion. o_0

That makes it even less of a sensible comparison in my opinion. o_0

Maybe it is as you say, I don't know. sad.gif

Look, I shouldn't have said anything. I'll just keep my thoughts private once again. I really, really hate arguments. They make me feel horrible.