Fuzzbucket

Making the same offer on more than one trade

Apologies if there is already such a suggestion - mods please merge as needed.

I've just had an egg tied up overnight on a trade offer which was rejected. Fair enough. But if I could have done, I would have also offered it on two other trades and the first one to accept would have been fine with me. ONE of those trades is still open, and I have now offered it there - and am watching a third. But I could lose out on the lot if the third would have accepted and the second doesn't but the third has gone by the time it is rejected, as you might say.

is there any reason we can't offer the same egg/hatchie on more than one trade ?

I've been totally dreaming of something like that! xd.png I hate waiting for hours and sometimes even days, only to discover at one point that my offer has been declined.

Support biggrin.gif

I also support this. It'd solve one of the hassles of trading that I really hate the most.

This can be merged with http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...143312&hl=Trade

(Edit : Hehe..I just saw fuzzy's reply there .. changed of mind babe?)

Anyway, I support this. I have an egg now in teleport for 3 days, yeap, THREE. The ability to offer up to multiple peeps would be really helpful.

(Edit : 3 days in teleport and finally declined. The ability to offer the same dragon on multiple trades is badly needed!)

Edited by arlymaye

I'm agree with this suggestion. It's really annoying that you can offer an important egg for just one trade and remove it momentarily from your current trading eggs to "reserve" it for a exchange without guarantees wink.gif

Also I think that it would be great if the offer remains even when an egg become an hatchie, so I could never lost a trade xd.png

But I don't know if this suggestion was already made.

I definitely support this idea. Something I'd like to see if it's implemented is for the person with the trade to see a note to the effect that the offer has been offered on other trades as well.

In case that didn't make sense, this is my reasoning. Player A has a popular trade and needs to weed through a couple dozen trades. Some of them he declines, but a couple of them he saves to see if they will turn out to be the best offer. His favorite offer, made by Player B, is sitting pretty at the top. Unbeknownst to Player A, though, Player B has offered those eggs on two other trades. Player A doesn't know it's a race to get that offer for his own and might miss out on the best trade he could have made in his moment of indecision.

If there were a small note next to Player B's offer, though, Player A would realize that someone might very well beat him to that very attractive offer. Hence, he might find Player B's offer even more favorable and seize it quickly.

Obviously, someone can already cancel a trade whenever they like, so you might say it's already a race to get the best trade before it's cancelled. I support being able to make the same offer on multiple trades regardless of whether this feature is implemented, but it's something that could make things both more interesting and, hopefully, more fair.

Yes please. Quite frankly I've been so tired of this practice people have that 90% of the times they keep offer on hold for more than a day, sometimes several days then reject it or accept something else. It even makes my trade useless for other offers because too much time is wasted. Most annoying ones are those who'll keep reposting their trades even as your offer is pending on their link for hours and it's something they mentioned they wanted, and you're bound to wonder if they've time to repost trades, why can't they accept/reject your offer. So now I only give my own teleports because except for being away to sleep I just about never leave any teleport unchecked for longer than 1-2hrs, I also don't hold offers I'm considering unless I'm 99% sure I'll take them and then too I don't take more than few hours to decide. I think another problem this trend is creating is that a lot of people have same issues as me so they choose to ask for offers instead of offering their own eggs. So, since everyone is asking for offers, very few people are actually offering. Many times I see someone would post looking for something I have right below my trade post offering that same item but still won't offer on it, then I've to PM them letting them know I've what they need. I think this suggestion will take care of all those hassles.

I support this too. It can be frustrating having a rare egg tied up in a trade for days, meanwhile you are missing out on other trades. Then it gets declined and it was a complete waste of time.

This can be merged with http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...143312&hl=Trade

(Edit : Hehe..I just saw fuzzy's reply there .. changed of mind babe?)

Anyway, I support this. I have an egg now in teleport for 3 days, yeap, THREE. The ability to offer up to multiple peeps would be really helpful.

Kind of change of mind, yes.... It's amazing what being in a situation does to one's perception !

But that wasn't the same suggestion - that one was trying to offer two things on the SAME trade. Mine here is more if you see several trades you like, you could offer YOUR single item on more than one. Two sides, same coin, I guess smile.gif

The other thread seems to encompass this + another idea. I guess I'll leave it to other mods if they want to merge.

~

If we have to have this, I'd like some kind of limit. On another site I'm at, in times when traffic is high especially, this makes trades extremely frustrating. They do have a slightly different trade system, so hence just asking for some kind of limits here. You can only offer it on x trades (three or so maybe seems reasonable) or you can only offer on a trade every x amount of time (seems less preferable to me).

Yeah socks, that what I thought about the other thread.

Anyways, a limit on how many trades we can offer, I can live with. Also, there aren't that many trades that we could offer up the same thing so, I'd say 3 is a good number. But again, this is DC so some may disagree. tongue.gif

I've wished to have this a couple of times before, so full support smile.gif

I don't see we need a limit, but I can live with one.

I support 200%. It just doesn't make sense to tie up eggs with one trade. If you offer an egg on multiple trades and one accepts, just auto-cancel the others.

I agree with PF13. I don't like having my offer tied to a single trade, I miss out on so many others. I am ok with a limit to how many you can offer on at once.

I don't trade much, but the few times that I have this would have been extremely useful. Got my full support.

Supported! Haven't happened to me yet, but I find that it would be really annoying to wait for it just to discover that after days and days it be declined. Imagine seeing a REALLY great deal that requires the egg your offering for 2 eggs of the one you want and then the deal's gone by the time your offer is denied. =/

Yes, please!

I'm now sometimes seeing people posting that they ask people not to pull offers before THEY've decided which one to take, so I gather that a fair number of others feel the same way as I about tying up trade offers, missing out on other chances and possibly even wasting what you have for trade when the dragons grow up on your scroll after possibly days of waiting...

Plus, if one could post trades as well as offering on others, chances of reaching an agreement quickly would increase.

Edit: a limit of 3 offers on other people's trades at one time would probably be plenty anyway, and I totally agree that there should be a notification that an offer has also been made on other trades.

Kira-san, if you've been waiting - especially for days - on a trade, and see something better that you think you might get, pull the offer and switch.

The other person is making everybody wait so that they can collect the best possible offer and will have to accept that each person offering is also looking for the best possible trade, (typically in a reasonable time period) so that in the event of any extended wait for an uncertain outcome, people will potentially pull their dragons and go elsewhere.

There are no guarantees on either side, and no reason why the power of decision-making should be assumed to be all on the one side.

Edited by Syphoneira

Support. I lost several interesting trades to put my egg in trades that ended in nothing.

I support 200%. It just doesn't make sense to tie up eggs with one trade. If you offer an egg on multiple trades and one accepts, just auto-cancel the others.

Surely if one is accepted other offers DO autocancel ? I have often got "the user has already accepted an offer..." or something.

I'd hate a time l limit, but a limit of - say - three offers using one egg/hatchie I could live with.

Support from the point of view of someone who creates trades - people are much less likely to pull offers if they don't gain anything from it! I've had many offers pulled because I lost internet or had to go and came back too late. I'd also find it useful from an offerer's point of view, since I've sometimes wanted to offer on multiple trades.

I support this.

I haven't had this happen to me yet because I don't have many things worth trading than I'd be willing to part with, but I can definitely see this being rather annoying, as I can see the "only offer one egg at a time on a trade" thing quite bothersome, as it limits the amount of offers that people get on their hatchlings and eggs, as a person only is allowed to choose to offer on one egg.

I also agree with LibbyLishly, if this were to be implemented a note next to the offered egg or hatchling should state it is being offered on multiple trades, and may get pulled at any time due to being traded elsewhere.

Support fully. I like the idea of a limit to how many trades I can offer an egg/hatchling up on, it seems reasonable.

Kira-san, if you've been waiting - especially for days - on a trade, and see something better that you think you might get, pull the offer and switch.

*Bonks self on head* I didn't even consider that till now. Am I a derrrrrrp or what? ><''!

I fully support this! I could have used a multi trade a few days ago when I missed my chance to offer for a Frilled dragon of all things, I was so going to offer my Thunder egg, but it was already posted for another trade. The trade was excepted and I got the egg I wanted, but In truth, I wanted the Frilled more. Those don't come along every day.

I'd be okay with a limit, as another person said if one offer gets excepted then the other offers are auto canceled. Even if the limit was set at two it'd make things a LOT easier. smile.gif