Lemniscate

*CLOSE* Two Dimensions in One

Which title do you like?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was thinking of this, sorry if there's a rp like this, I can't exactly search what I have in mind. This is my first time coming up with a rp that isn't in freeform, and I'm still new to making rps. I hope this one doesn't get bad luck like my other ones are. They all died.

The OOC here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153514

A RP in the Dragon Cave RPs section

Plot:

Pokemon were living peacefully and training with their trainers like normal... but it wasn't going to stay like that. One day, some dragons somehow got into the Pokemon world. They weren't noticed until they had so many offspring that they couldn't fit into the forest they had made into their home. A trainer saw some glimpses of some strange scaly creature, and since he only thought it was a new Pokemon, he attempted to catch it. He wanted to keep it a secret so he could gain an edge when battling. He caught the dragon off guard, and after attacking it, managed to catch it while it was tired and resting. He taught the dragon three moves by taunting it with some dolls to get it to use Flamethrower and such, but it was very hard to train and rebelled. He managed to keep it in his care using a cage that was electrocuted. He also used an electric collar during battles to keep it from running away. He used it in many battles; he almost always won due to the dragon's strength, though he had to abuse it to get it to listen. Normally trainers wouldn't want abuse and would be against it, but many were lured by the power of the dragon. They asked the first trainer how he caught the dragon, and each adapted the strategy to their preferences. They kept quiet in order to not be caught abusing another creature, but eventually rumors spread, and good trainers heard about it. They reported it to officers and tried to stop the abusive trainers. Some dragons were caught, but many escaped. The escaped ones taught the others about the trainers and helped them learn to avoid capture. The stronger dragons would simply break the Pokeballs, the ones with magic would use it to help them, and the small ones would dodge the Pokeballs. Because the trainers were so busy trying to catch dragons, many forgot old Pokemon replaced by dragons or simply let them go and walked away from them, abandoning them. The Pokemon were soon angry and vengeful, hoping to get back at their trainers. Pokemon destroyed their trainer's pokeballs and items in an attempt to get attention. The trainers ignored them, simply saying they were jealous of the more powerful dragon or brushed it off as just 'rogue Pokemon', only paying attention to the dragons. Some non-abusive trainers noticed the attacks that were occurring and notified other similar trainers. The good trainers were able to gain the trust of the Pokemon. They worked with the Pokemon and the other good trainers to try to stop the abuse of the dragons and abandonment of Pokemon. Too much ignorance and bad things will happen. What else will happen? Will you be a trainer, a dragon, or even a Pokemon?

Rules

1: No godmodding or Mary Sues and things of that sort.

2: You can be any dragon, including from the completed section, except undead dragons, Neglecteds, Papers, Cheeses, Dinos, retired dragons, or ungendered adults.

2a: You have to get permission from the creators of completed section dragons though.

3: There can be more than one of the same species of dragon, but please don't just pick mostly one breed. Ex: 1 white dragon and 6 spitfires. This also goes for Pokemon.

4: You can have as many dragons as you think you can handle, but don't hog all the dragons or Pokemon.

5: Mind the gender ratio; don't have 5 females and one male UNLESS you cannot rp a certain gender.

6: You can have legendaries, but don't make them too overpowered. The more powerful legendaries like Arceus have a limit of two.

7: If you choose to be a trainer don't have just any Pokemon that's convenient in your box so you can go get it, and don't say you have a whole box full of dragons. Keep it a least slightly realistic, and don't overpower your trainer. No flying unicorns turning into dragons.

8: There may be more rules, and I will post a notification if there is a rule change.

9: PM me your apps.

10: We will be using Pearl and Diamond settings, but you can use Black and White Pokemon.

10a: You can start in any other region, but you have to put it in the other section of your app and ask me first. You also have to link to the place you are currently in if somewhere other than Sinnoh.

11: If you are going to be inactive for more than two weeks, please tell me. If no notice is put here or somewhere else, you will get a PM.

Settings

Everlasting Forest

The forest where the first dragons got into the Pokemon world.

Jubilife City

A town where trainers live with a Pokecenter and a Pokemart. Also includes the Jubilfe City TV station.

Ferry/Teleport Service Area.

The area trainers go to to travel to other regions.

Map: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/random-role-pl...-fanart?ir=true

Open to more suggestions for places

App

Username:

Charrie Name:

Pokemon, Dragon, or Trainer:

Type of Pokemon or dragon if applicable:

Appearance:

Personality(put Rp if you want to rp the personality. You have to then describe the personality after you rp it):

Moves(for Pokemon. If other then leave blank):

Powers(only trainers have no powers. Pokemon have minor powers. Don't make too op):

Important Possesions:

Other:

Thanks to Psycho Cat for the banners and Spirit Wolfe for making them into links

Two Finned Bluna hatchlings and Piplup

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153509][IMG=http://oi44.tinypic.com/2ln7bc0.jpg][/URL]

Shallow Water and Magikarp

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153509][IMG=http://i41.tinypic.com/2icbslx.gif][/URL]

Terrae and Torterra

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153509][IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/1jb88j.gif][/URL]

Magma and Magcargo

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153509][IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/4rsscm.gif][/URL]

Purple and Grumpig

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153509][IMG=http://i41.tinypic.com/5cim8h.gif][/URL]

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Yay! We can start!

And I meant okay asin please clear, but that's okay.

Hmmm. I'll wait a bit to start. Any people who joined, please post in the OOC telling me that you are ready to start.

((I think I'll wait until Mukodori has someone to RP with))

user posted imageHonoo

---------------------

Honoo's tall, buff, and lanky legs softly rustled the tall grass of Petalburg Woods. He could see that Kuro was furious with being so close to a human settlement, but he was so hungry he could eat a Wailord, and - by luck - his favorite food was growing here: Chesto Berries. Unfortunatly, that also happened to be Kuro's least favorite food. Guh, I'm starving though, he thought. And if a Dark-type's grumpiness was the cost for that, well then so be it. But he was sure that even poor Kuro was famished by this point, after patrolling the area for anything amiss. "Are you sure you don't want any?" he asked, "I can get some of your favorite Cheri Berries off the higher branches if you want?" But alas, he was replied to with a huff and a muzzle to the air. Sighing, he looked over at Shinrei, who looked caring as usual. "What about you?" She looked at Honoo, half surprised. "I... err... you really care about me? Well, you just... you deserve that food more than me..." she looked a bit embarrassed. "OK then, but don't cry to my later like a bunch of Munchlaxes," he laughed.

((Actually, I only have timw for Honoo right now ^-^'))

Jax trotted Route 211 enjoying the fresh cool air. He smiled as he looked up at Mt. Coronet, the snowy peak full of legends and myths. He always wanted to make the pilgrimage but knew he wasn't ready. Besides, he was happy here, plenty of berries, a few friends he made, and a nice, peaceful enviroment. Luckily the last problem here was a Bronzong who lost his way on the mountain, causing a stir down on the Route. Jax and some of the others were able to take it down and bring it to reason. After sending it home, 211 became a calm place again. Jax was happy that it was calm and safe, but his nature made him want to move on. He wanted to help others no matter where they were. Jax sat down and closed his eyes, maybe he would get the chance to do something to help EVERYONE. Maybe someday he would go on an adventure with more friends to save others. That was a day he couldn't wait for. If only it was today...

((There's an Everlasting Forest? Where?))

Kiran was dumped into the middle of a bunch of flowers. He sneezed, sending pollen and petals flying everywhere. His sister, Mitsuki landed right next to him. "Ugh...where are we?" He asked her. "I don't recognize this place."

Mitsuki shook her head. "I don't know, brother. But we should be careful, all the same. I can hear the grass rustling around us."

And indeed it was. A round, blue, mouse-looking thing suddenly sprang out, murderous intent glinting in its eyes. Well, that's certainly what it seemed like. To Mitsuki. She yelped, stumbling backwards. The Marill, as that was what it was, of course, also seemed a bit startled. It hadn't known that the strange new Pokémon were so large. It wisely chose to run away, its tail bobbing after it. Mitsuki tilted her head. "That was strange. It was cute, though, the blue mouse."

Kiran sighed. "Come on, let's go see if we can find more dragons."

((Regina isn't going to be a very major character, maybe she'll just be on the side. I'm making a few more Trainers. Just putting that out there. ^^))

Miku was near Snowpoint city. She was swimming in Acuity Lakefront. Miku liked swimming there as hardly any trainers came here anymore. She dived underwater and snapped up a few fish in her mouth and ate them. After thirty minutes of swimming she hopped out of the water and shook all the water droplets off her. Maybe I should go to Eterna Forest. I haven't been there for a long while and I have almost forgotten what the taste of a Starly.

((Since I'm not lazy I will make post))

Snowstorm

Snowstorm landed on Mount Coronet. She enjoyed to cold breeze and looked down. There wasn't much to do, the rest of the trio had dispersed all over the regions. Lugia had gone back to sleep. There were other Articunos, but she had yet to meet any. She decided to practice Ice Beam. She shot around the mountain in a circle, shooting everything that moved as a practice. She didn't think there would be anyone anywhere near the mountain, as it was cold due to her presence.

user posted imageKuro

---------------------

Kuro hated this. He hated the awful reek of a nearby human city, the too dry Chesto Berries that Honoo insisted on, and he hated going on patrols. The second the fiery bird took a glance at him, he gave a grunt of disgust and turned his nose up at him. But poor Kuro's belly thought otherwise, and growled for food. He scuffled his paws around, too prideful to show weakness. Weakness is what got me abandoned, he thought. Weakness is why I'm here. Beginning to groom himself, a voice called out to him. "Oh Kuro, you know that's not true," it said. Just as suspected, it was Shinrei. "No. Not today," he replied "I am not nearly in the mood for converse. Especially a telepathic one." He turned around and began grooming again. He hadn't meant to hurt the poor girl's feelings - even more so as Gardevoirs were very sensitive Pokemon indeed - but today was just not the day. He sighed and halfheartedly licked his shoulder.

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

Shinrei had always loved forests; Petalburg among her favorites. The serenity, the quaintness, the Embrace Pokemon loved the aura of it all. She loved to feel the calm emotions of those around her, even if they were humans. Humans. Oh no, she just couldn't hold a grudge and the strange creatures. Perhaps it was the similarities she shared with them, or maybe it just wasn't like her to keep anger pent up. Nonetheless, she was beginning to feel drowsy. She was slowly being lulled to sleep until she felt a sharp pain in he chest-spikes. She turned to Kuro, already forming a guess as to why she had felt the jolt. He was hurting. Badly. "Oh, darling," she thought, but he shooed her away quickly. She sat down and gave a little snivel, not in self pity, but in knowledge that everyday the poor Disaster Pokemon got a little worse.

Churza was watching a trainer behind a bush. The trainer had luckily captured two dragons. Poor dragons. I wonder if they like him. He darted out of the bush and walked along a narrow strip of road. He seriously didn't know where he was right now as he was supposed to be heading to Twinleaf Town but a trainer decided to try and capture him. Luckily she used her pokeball when he was around full strength so it didn't work and he luckily escaped.

Jax opened his eyes to an interesting sight. A giant blue bird was firing ice beams up the mountain. Jax hasn't seen many legendary pokemon or trios before so this was new to him. He sat where he was watching, knowing that he was hard to see from the ground, but in the air, he was a bright silver spot in a field of green. Jax stared in awe at the bird, watching the snow and ice sparkle in the air around it, it was beautiful.

user posted imageMukudori

---------------------

Mukudori had been roaming the area, picking on the few trainers who didn't have dragons. Those who did however... well, in a sum, he was a very lonely Predator Pokemon. Though lately, he had gotten a very good idea. In his eyes, at the very least. He would go to Twinleaf! Little human children who had enormous aspirations would no doubt try to catch him. Little do they know that I'm the best Staraptor there is! he thought. Flying lower, though, he noticed something much more interesting: a lone Monferno. A free meal he gleefully would take on. So, he dove down and stopped abruptly at the last minute, where he was now all but a few inches away from him. "Well well well, what do we have here? A helpless Fighting-type pitted against the greatest of birds, that's what!" He spread his wings to aim a powerful Sky Attack, but noticed something quite shiny just before soaking in the light. A dagger. He wanted to get it, but how? "Dearest one, just how much will you ask for that marvelous object? I truly must have it!"

Edited by Psycho Cat

((Everlasting Forest is in the fanmade Dawn of Darkness game. Also I think I need someone to interact with.))

((I wasn't ignoring, I had to sleep.))

Snowstorm

Snowstorm flew around, then landed near a silver spot. It was an Eevee. "Hi! What are you doing here so close to the mountain. Aren't you cold?" She asked, deciding to talk. Goo thing she didn't accidentally hit him with Ice Beam.

Jax jumped back in surprise with the bird's sudden landing. He surprised again by its happy attitude and greeting. "Uh, I've been living here for the last 2 weeks. My shiny fur keeps me warm in this cool area of the region." He tried to block out his nervousness, "My name is Jax, who and what are you? Ive never seen you before."

((Just a BTW, Rapidashes cannot learn Blue Flare nor V-create. Both of those are the signature moves of Legendary Pokemon))

user posted imageHonoo

---------------------

The Blaziken was starting to pick a few Berries when he heard a pout. Turning, he saw Shinrei on the ground, very clearly worried about something, and Kuro, nervously shifting his paws and licking himself listlessly every so often. He'd always known that they shared some special bond, but the twosome refused to tell him why or what, so in his eyes they were always doing the inexplicable. But today is different, he thought. They must've been fighting, but about what? Normally those two are like peas in a pod, so it couldn't have been minor. Taking a more subtle approach to the matter, he asked Shinrei first. "Are you... OK? You seem a bit... down." He laughed at his stupid pun and it seemed to cheer her up too. "So, Kuro-" He was ready to ask Kuro a bit more seriously, but he sensed something. It must be pure coincidence that I haven't noticed this before, he thought. As it doesn't seem too new. After peeking through the trees, he noticed indeed that a Rapidash was amongst the woods. "Hello," he said cheerfully, walking over to greet them.

user posted imageKuro

---------------------

Kuro felt terrible. Why did Arceus make him an Absol; cold, remote, and sure as Palkia bad with words. But it was too late to take it back now. He was cornered, forced to choose between caving in and showing weakness by apologizing, or stranding his best friend for the sake of his silly pride. Oh Kuro, you're just not meant to be, he thought glumly. A heavy weight now pressed on him like a Whirlpool closing in, as the foe prepared to finish him off with the final blow. Though he soon heard Honoo talking to Shinrei. It looked like he had - thankfully - taken him off the Gardevoir's mind, but who knew? It was a species of Pokemon who had the power to wield emotions, so she could be devastated in reality. Such a thought made him feel even worse, and all he could do now was blankly stare at the ground, waiting to escape this awful limbo. Then Honoo began to ask him the question too - though with a more serious attitude - but stopped mid-sentence. Kuro's horn told him that he had sensed something, but what? While he was definitely not in the mood to meet and greet right now, Shinrei was already gone. "You two... guh."

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

Shinrei's horns ached with the combined pain of both her and Kuro's dark feelings. She knew that he didn't mean it, but he did have something on his mind. Something to make his heart feel cold and remote. She longed to comfort him, but knew how he would react. My, aren't I a pity fest? she thought, trying to cheer herself up. But alas, she was just in too much pain right now. Gripping her horns tightly, she winced. Just when she thought she could take no more, Honoo came to her rescue, like a valiant Lucario saving a helpless Skitty. When she heard his joke, she couldn't hold back a giggle, and pain turned back to inner peace. "My my, aren't you clever," she laughed. Though nothing lasts forever, and she got worked up all over again when he turned to the pouting Kuro. Something distracted him, though. Oh, thank dear Arceus, she thought. Though, what had distracted him? Her horns told her it wasn't dangerous, as Honoo seemed to be carefree about it. Letting herself ease, she followed the bird and scolded herself for being such a worrywart.

Mitsuki's stomach rumbled. "I'm hungry," she said loudly. "Oh look, brother, there are berries over there." She quickly bounded over to some Cheri berries and grabbed one.

"Wait!" Kiran yelped. "We don't know if they're--"

"Mm..." Mitsuki already put the berry in her mouth, and was reaching for more.

"--poisonous or not," Kiran finished.

"I don't think they're poisonous," Mitsuki said. "After all, I'm still--SPICY!" She yelled, hopping around and panting with her mouth wide open.

"I...what?! Mitsuki, are you OK?"

Mitsuki dashed off towards a nearby river, dunking her head inside and taking huge gulps. Kiran shook his head, following Mitsuki. "I wonder if there's anyone else in this forest," he commented. "There doesn't seem to be much life."

"But what about that blue mouse thing we saw earlier? If there's one, then there's got to be more!" She dashed off again. "Come on, let's go try and find some and talk to them! Maybe they can tell us something!"

"Wait! Mitsuki!" Kiran yelled after her. But she was already long gone.

user posted imageJigen

---------------------

Jigen stared down at the Everlasting Forest. This was where space itself was torn and dragons were unleashed upon the world. He had used all of his powers to create the forest, hoping it would hide these new, dreaded beasts, but alas, his plan had proven unsuccessful. My most beautiful dimension, he thought, has been infested with an unfixable pest. But I am the one to blame... He let out a mighty roar in fury. How could this happen? It was too unfair. Now he was in a terrible mood. Well, worse than normal, that is. Glaring down at the forest, he saw just the opposite of what he wanted to see: more dragons. One was blue and sparkly, clearly a playful creature. The other was long and golden, following what appeared to be his friend a bit less enthusiastically. They shall travel no further, he thought. Landing near them, he roared and shot a powerful Hydro Pump into the sky. "You, golden one," he said telepathically, "Take your comrade and leave! Leave and never look back. You are in my dimension and you are lucky that I cannot erase your existence due to the distortion you create."

((Indeed, but enough offtopic. I have an idea that might get me something to do while I wait for you guys to get to Hoenn))

user posted imageKuro

---------------------

Kuro looked at the Rapidash and tilted his head. That was... a Kanto Pokemon, wasn't it? His original trainer, the one who had traded him away for some reason or other, had taken him to many tournaments. His Pokedex always told him about the next opponent, and he had heard the fiery steed mentioned once before. Studying the new Pokemon closely, he had not noticed that his horn was sensing something. A disaster, at that. One that the poor Absol would take the blunt of, but he brushed it off, reminiscing about when his trainer was nice to him. It was not long after the prediction that a screeching came from above. This time Kuro took the message seriously. Looking up, he found a Skarmory was swooping at him. With none of his moves being able to affect it well, all he could do was dash at the speed of a Linoone. Too late. The Steel-type bird had already lifted him into the air. He did not dare to struggle, as the creatures talons already hurt enough as they dug into his pelt. "Shinrei! Honoo!" he cried helplessly. This is it, he thought. It's all finally ending.

user posted imageHonoo

---------------------

Honoo was glad Kuro came along, instead of being belligerent and stubborn. In fact, the Dark-type seemed to be taking interest in the Rapidash. Good for you, he thought cheerfully. Though, he was a bit confused when his horn flinched. All it did was a tiny twitch, but he knew what it meant. Many times his ability to predict had saved all of them. Though most of the time, when he sensed something, he would immediately jump and tell them. Not this time though. This time he was just staring blankly into space. Most likely a bad flashback, he thought. He's suffered to much for me to be surprised by this, though. Turning back to the Rapidash, his eyes grew wide with fear when a screech sounded. He whipped back around only to see Kuro helplessly submiss to a Skarmory, carrying him higher and higher. "Kuro!" He pounded his legs into the ground and jumped straight into the air. Alas, he missed his friend by a Glameow's whisker. "No! Kuro!" He fell down, defeated.

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

Shinrei could tell that Honoo was pleased with the actions of both his friends. Ready to walk up to the new Pokemon - one whom she had never seen before - she suddenly noticed something was worrying Kuro. He looked more sad then anything though. Pitying him, she hardly noticed his horn give a tiny flick. She turned back around, admiring the beauty of the Pokemon. The spiritful flames, the lithe body, the soft, cream color; it was an admirable creature indeed. Her own chest horns were picking something up, though. It wasn't coming from the Pokemon, but whatever it was, it was furious. She tensed, realizing what Kuro's horn had found. Before she could brace herself, a shining Skarmory swooped down and abducted her friend. "Wait! Come back!" She tried using levitation to get him back, but soon her psychic powers tired and she had to give up. No...

user posted imageKuro

---------------------

Kuro awoke later. "Can you hear me?" a soft voice asked, "Please, say yes." It was only Shinrei. Maybe, in reality, he had just had a bad dream. After all, he had just woke up. Through weary eyes, he looked down. Seeing he was hundreds of feet above ground, he had to scratch the thought. "Yes Shinrei, I can hear you," he replied, "But you'll have to wait. Right now I must take what time I have and use it," And he did indeed have a plan. After all, the metal bird still thought he was asleep, and it had loosened its grip. Kuro took it by surprise and stabbed his horn into its face. With a final shriek the bird dropped the Absol and went tumbling to the ground. Now what? he thought. I am most likely plummeting towards my death now... But thankfully, his fall was cushioned by fluffy snow. Actually, he was right next to a lake, and sitting atop the water was no other than a Suicune. "Wh-where... am.. I...? Urf... that was... quite a fall..." he lay in the soft snow, waiting for the blue creature to respond.

Edited by Psycho Cat