Helel

Undead "Zombie" Dragons, Breed Sort Order

Undead "Zombie" Dragons, Breed Sort Order

Now when dragons sorted by breed, Undead "Zombie" Dragons are stay where there basic breed are (the one, they where made of).

How about changing it to ndead or [Z]ombie, I think it will make more sense, since they can't be reversed to normal "state" anyway...

What you think?

I did some extensive searching before posting this, because I swear someone else has made mention of it before. But I couldn't find anything, so I'll give this a go.

I'd really love to see Undeads fall under Breed Sort like other dragons do, but by their actual breed name "Undead Dragon" as opposed to the breed they were before they died. I know I could use custom sorting to do it myself, but the problem with that is then after each new dragon grows up, I have to manually sort them in rather than having it auto-sort by breed like I usually do. And if I try use custom sort's breed sorting to sort those new dragons in, I have to re-sort the Undeads.

p.s. Proposing "Undead" as opposed to "Zombie" because that's their listed name in the encyclopedia smile.gif

Edit: To catch up on what's been discussed already, most of the opposition to this idea comes from users who like how Undeads currently sort as it helps them keep track of what breed they used to be. Because of this, 2 possible ideas have been proposed for how the sort should work:

1. A tick box in the "Change Sort Order" menu, under "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top", that allows a user to toggle how they want Undeads to sort- by true breed or by original breed.

2. That all Undeads be sorted by true breed, but show somewhere on their view page what breed they were originally.

For those about to propose custom sort- it has already been suggested and pointed out why it doesn't work. Long story short, the custom sort is a tedious method that only half achieves what this suggestion wants to achieve. Likewise, scroll filters will not make the cut as these filter your dragons for your own view as opposed to actually sorting them.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

They stay where you put them if you use any of the custom sort options. Otherwise - well, it adds to the fun, I think.

The Zombies still identify with their original breeds. I think they were meant to behave that way, and I like it that way. If I want them in a particular place on my scroll, I know how to arrange them to stay in that place.

The Zombies still identify with their original breeds. I think they were meant to behave that way, and I like it that way. If I want them in a particular place on my scroll, I know how to arrange them to stay in that place.

How? If I prefer to use Breed sort order...

What it is, the dragon is still its orginal breed, but is tagged with the zombie code. That is why it looks like it does but still sorts with its orginal breed

How? If I prefer to use Breed sort order...

Sort by breed, and then go for a custom sort and put them where you want them. They will stay that way till you sort by breed again.

Sort by breed, and then go for a custom sort and put them where you want them. They will stay that way till you sort by breed again.

To much trouble for my taste tongue.gif

I did some extensive searching before posting this, because I swear someone else has made mention of it before. But I couldn't find anything, so I'll give this a go.

I'd really love to see Undeads fall under Breed Sort like other dragons do, but by their actual breed name "Undead Dragon" as opposed to the breed they were before they died. I know I could use custom sorting to do it myself, but the problem with that is then after each new dragon grows up, I have to manually sort them in rather than having it auto-sort by breed like I usually do. And if I try use custom sort's breed sorting to sort those new dragons in, I have to re-sort the Undeads.

p.s. Proposing "Undead" as opposed to "Zombie" because that's their listed name in the encyclopedia smile.gif

Edit: To catch up on what's been discussed already, most of the opposition to this idea comes from users who like how Undeads currently sort as it helps them keep track of what breed they used to be. Because of this, 2 possible ideas have been proposed for how the sort should work:

1. A tick box in the "Change Sort Order" menu, under "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top", that allows a user to toggle how they want Undeads to sort- by true breed or by original breed.

2. That all Undeads be sorted by true breed, but show somewhere on their view page what breed they were originally.

For those about to propose custom sort- it has already been suggested and pointed out why it doesn't work. Long story short, the custom sort is a tedious method that only half achieves what this suggestion wants to achieve. Likewise, scroll filters will not make the cut as these filter your dragons for your own view as opposed to actually sorting them.

Edited by bluesonic1

I really like the way they sort now. Especially with the CBs, it's the only remembrance of what they were in their past life.

And I do miss their mysterious migrations. It was always fun to see how far they'd get before I would round them up again.

ETA: Mine are all sorted together as a group, using Alternate Custom Sort. I use the Breed Filter when I want to see their heritage.

Edited by dragongrrl

I like how they sort as their birth breed and I would not want it removed

And I do miss their mysterious migrations. It was always fun to see how far they'd get before I would round them up again.

Yeah - I used to like that biggrin.gif

While I understand the reasoning, I also agree with others above that I enjoy seeing what breed they originally were. That information would be lost for my CB Zombies if they didn't still sort the same way. >___<

Echoing above. Completely understand the logic behind the request, but I personally like seeing them lumped with their original breed.

While I like being able to see the original breed, it would also be nice if there were an easier way to find your undead when sorting.

Hmm I didn't realise so many people actually liked them to be sorted by their original breed. Something like that drives me nuts xd.png I can never remember what breed they were originally so finding them becomes a pain in the butt.

How about a compromise? Much like there's a tick box for "Reverse Sort" and "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top", have a tick box to allow Undeads to be treated by their true breed as opposed to original breed?

Edited by bluesonic1

Hmm I didn't realise so many people actually liked them to be sorted by their original breed. Something like that drives me nuts xd.png I can never remember what breed they were originally so finding them becomes a pain in the butt.

How about a compromise? Much like there's a tick box for "Reverse Sort" and "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top", have a tick box to allow Undeads to be treated by their true breed as opposed to original breed?

I like that compromise smile.gif

I prefer to have my zombies grouped together, that's why I use the same breed for zombie fodder. However, the genderless ones are grouped with papers, and I haven't even started to collect tombstones from all biomes yet. I would definitely use an option that allows to sort zombies by their breed name.

I like that compromise smile.gif

I prefer to have my zombies grouped together, that's why I use the same breed for zombie fodder. However, the genderless ones are grouped with papers, and I haven't even started to collect tombstones from all biomes yet. I would definitely use an option that allows to sort zombies by their breed name.

I do to.

I also would , personally, prefer my undeads to be treated as a breed themselves, rather than sorted with the breed they were before I zombified them. THAT being said, If others like to have it the other way around, i would definitely approve of making it an option either way. THAT way the owner of the dragons gets to decide how THEY want them sorted, and it is all good. smile.gif

Edited by Silverswift

Since I use custom sorting, this has never been an issue for me. However, I think it's odd they don't sort by "Undead" so I definitely support your compromised request [since others like the way they sort now].

Yah, I know most all ya'll don't like this method, but I just use custom sort, grab all my zombies, and stick them all together. I am eventually going to write descriptions on them and I track them for other purposes, so it makes it easier for me to keep them together that way.

Most people aren't willing to put in the time and investment into sorting all their dragons on an ongoing basis, but you can always arrange by breed sort, then flip to custom sort, leave all your other dragons alone, and then move your special babies to wherever you want this. It's not exactly hard to find them. Just look for the tombstones (or if at midnight, the zombies.) I find this easier because I also generally like my special lines and CB Rares and better Prizes on the top where I can see and access them better. - Especially now since we can move multiple dragons at once as a group ... _

Edited by natayah

Since I use custom sort all the time anyway this is not a big issue for me, but I can see why it might be for some people and I wouldn't be against having the option to breed sort them all together, if that is possible.

Yah, I know most all ya'll don't like this method, but I just use custom sort, grab all my zombies, and stick them all together. I am eventually going to write descriptions on them and I track them for other purposes, so it makes it easier for me to keep them together that way.

Most people aren't willing to put in the time and investment into sorting all their dragons on an ongoing basis, but you can always arrange by breed sort, then flip to custom sort, leave all your other dragons alone, and then move your special babies to wherever you want this. It's not exactly hard to find them. Just look for the tombstones (or if at midnight, the zombies.) I find this easier because I also generally like my special lines and CB Rares and better Prizes on the top where I can see and access them better. - Especially now since we can move multiple dragons at once as a group ... _

I did explain in my first post why your method doesn't work tongue.gif When I use breed sort then custom sort, it nulls out the breed sort. Likewise, the breed sort nulls out the custom sort when used again. Either I have to keep re-sorting my Zombies every time a new dragon grows up or re-sort each new dragon that grows up. When you start getting into the 1000s of dragons, this becomes a serious pain in the butt.

I personally have no zombies and prefer my dragons sorted by age. That way, they keep their... uniqueness? I can look through my dragons and see my history collecting dragons, from Dituwt, my first dragon (A Whiptail) to the current Halloweens. I only sort by breed if I'm looking for something.

However, I think that dragons should sort for what they are. If you Bite an egg, it sorts with Vampires (I think... *checks* yes, they do) so why don't the Zombies sort with Zombies?

I think that either:

1 - The Zombies have the option to be sorted by original breed or by Zombie, with default sort being 'sort by Zombie'.

2 - The Zombies sort with their own kind, but there's something on their page that tells you what breed they used to be. ('original Breed: xxxxx' below all the other info on the left of the dragon's page.)

I like option 2 better myself, and I would like something similar to it for the Vampires. Some of them are easy to tell what breed they were - I have a beautiful Vampire descended from two Terraes, that obviously used to be Terrae - but others are more ambigious. (Stair-fails, for example.) Once a dragon changes breed, you can't tell what breed it was - and I'd like that small piece of info to be available.

Just my thoughts on the matter. smile.gif

I did explain in my first post why your method doesn't work tongue.gif When I use breed sort then custom sort, it nulls out the breed sort. Likewise, the breed sort nulls out the custom sort when used again. Either I have to keep re-sorting my Zombies every time a new dragon grows up or re-sort each new dragon that grows up. When you start getting into the 1000s of dragons, this becomes a serious pain in the butt.

I have over 5500 dragons, and the filters at the top of the Scroll page works fine to show the breed sort. When I go back to the Account Default, my Alternate Sort is restored. I never need to re-sort my Zombies. Their group, just above The End Of My Scroll and the future Zombies, remains intact.

I have over 5500 dragons, and the filters at the top of the Scroll page works fine to show the breed sort. When I go back to the Account Default, my Alternate Sort is restored. I never need to re-sort my Zombies. Their group, just above The End Of My Scroll and the future Zombies, remains intact.

Sorry, I'm really struggling to understand what you do with your sorting. The filters at the top of the scroll doesn't provide me with a "breed sort", only things like "Available for BSA" and "Available for Breeding". That aside, those are filters- I would like to be able to physically sort my scroll as opposed to just filtering my own view for it.

If what you meant by filters is the options at the top of the scroll when you're in a custom sort menu, yes breed sort works fine there but shuffles all my Zombies back as their original breed. I have no idea what the "Account Default" setting is, and I can't find it anywhere on any of the sorting options pages. So for me, after using that breed sort in the custom menu, I have to re-organise the Zombies. Or alternatively, not use the breed sort and just go into the custom sort menu and re-organise the newly grown dragons.

Sorry, I'm really struggling to understand what you do with your sorting. The filters at the top of the scroll doesn't provide me with a "breed sort", only things like "Available for BSA" and "Available for Breeding". That aside, those are filters- I would like to be able to physically sort my scroll as opposed to just filtering my own view for it.

If what you meant by filters is the options at the top of the scroll when you're in a custom sort menu, yes breed sort works fine there but shuffles all my Zombies back as their original breed. I have no idea what the "Account Default" setting is, and I can't find it anywhere on any of the sorting options pages. So for me, after using that breed sort in the custom menu, I have to re-organise the Zombies. Or alternatively, not use the breed sort and just go into the custom sort menu and re-organise the newly grown dragons.

You want to use the Filter and Sort dropdown menus on the top of your scroll in this way:

1. Filter By: Show All

2. Sort By: Breed

This gives you the temporary Breed sort that does not interfere with the Custom sort settings.