Floralpikmin99

Interacting with Wilderness Dragons

Do you think this is a Good idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This will probably be shot down, but it's a small idea just to give the Wilderness something more in the game other than maintaining Lineages and things like that. I know TJ said that nobody's ever going to be able to take Dragons from the wilderness so I'm not trying to do anything like that just to get that point clear.

Instead perhaps players can interact with the wild dragons they find in the Wilderness. Logically, the dragons were raised by people so in theory they'd be less aggressive.

Now What are the Details?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What it Does To your Scroll

Badge

The badge idea I have is a Dragon Tamer badge. The more dragons you befriend the prettier the badge.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image <- Something to this idea

Since it'll be tricky to limit using BSA's I'm removing it here. That way for the people who don't want to use it, aren't missing anything out. A badge might be the best way to go.

Any other suggestions?

It will Not:

~Give an Exclusive egg/or allow Breeding.

~Give Views.

~Add Wild Dragons to your Scroll.

~Give free BSA's

(Based on feedback and other Wilderness requests.)

Retired Ideas:

~Time might be tricky to implement for some dragons. The personality of a dragon should solely determine how easily they can be befriended.

Befriending

Now since the wilderness has hundreds or even thousands of dragons, perhaps any dragon you interact with shows up with a message. Maybe something like:

As you walk along the path (Assuming there's a path you're following) ----- walks up to greet you.

this will also show the dragon.

BUT WAIT, How would this look, how would you interact with a wild dragon?

Well, if you go to the dragon's page, perhaps under the Lineage Link (If any) there could be another button 'Approach Dragon'. But there will be a little catch to this, the longer the dragon's been in the wilderness, the less likely you are to befriend it.

Based on the nature of the dragon, they're either easier or harder to befriend:

Friendly/Playful: 60% Befriend (Most likely befriend)

Gentle: 45% Befriend (Most Likely Curiously Approaches)

Not Stated: 40% Befriend (Most Likely Nothing happens)

Territorial: 25% befriend (Most Likely Threatens)

Aggressive: 5% Befriend (Most Likely Rejection)

This is more possible, and I made a list of the dragons that would fit into the categories:

Unstated Natures/Neutral:

-Albino

-Balloon

-Black Tea

-Blacktip Dragon

-Blusang Lindwurm

-Bright-Breasted Wyvern

-Brimstone Dragon

-Canopy Dragon

-Costal Waverunner

-Daydream

-Deep Sea

-Dorsal

-Duotone Dragon

-Electric Dragon

-Flamingo Dragon

-Gilded Bloodscale Dragon

-Gold-Horned Tangar

-Green Dragon

-Horse Dragon

-Lumina Dragon

-Magi Dragons

-Nebula Dragon

-Nocturne Dragon

-Olive Dragon

-Pillow Dragon

-Purple Dragon

-Pygmy Dragon

-Red Dragon

-Seasonal Dragon

-Seawrm Pygmy

-Skywing Dragon

-Stone Dragon

-Striped Dragon

-Sunset Dragon

-Swallowtail Dragon

-Tri-Horn Wyvern

-Tsunami Wyvern

-Turpentine Dragon

-Two-Headed Dragon

-Two Headed Lindwurm

-Water Dragon

-Water Walker Dragon

-Yellow-Crowned Dragon

-Geode Dragon

-Shallow Water Dragon

-Ice Dragon

-Magma Dragon

-Thunder Dragon

-Gold Dragon

-Silver Dragon

-Tinsel Dragon

-Shimmer-Scale Dragon

-Cheese Dragon

-Guardian of Nature

-Holly Dragon

-Yulebuck

-Snow Angel

-Ribbon Dancer

-Winter Magi

-Wrapping Wing

-Pumpkin Dragon

-Black Marrow

-Shadow Walker

-Grave Dragon

-Valentine Dragon

-Rosebud Dragon

-Chicken

-Dinos

-Bright Pink

-Howler Drake

-Brute Dragon

-Frostbite Dragon

-Cassare Dragon

-Carmine Wyvern

Friendly/Playful

-Black Capped Teimarr

-Crimson Flare Pygmy

-Day Glory Drake

-Imperial Fleshcrownes

-Misfit Pygmy

-Neotropical

-Ochredrake

-Red-Finned Tidal Dragon

-Ridgewing Dragon

-Speckle-Throated Dragon

-Spotted Greenwing

-Sunsong Amphiptere

-Waterhorse Dragon

-Whiptail Dragon

-Two-Finned Bluna

-Copper Dragon

-Sweetling

-Arsani Dragon

-Radiant Angel Dragon

-Glaucus Drake

-Blue Banded (Female)

Gentle

-Dark Myst Pygmy

-Guardian Dragon

-Harvest Dragon

-Mint Dragons

-Moonstone Dragons

-Nhiostrife Wyvern

-Night Glory Drake

-Nilia Pygmy

-Pink Dragon

-Royal Blue Dragon

-Royal Crimson Dragon

-Terrae Dragon

-White Dragon

-Soulpeace Dragon

-Ultaviolet Dragon

-Golden Wyvern

-Solstice Dragon

-Heartseeker Dragon

-Frilled Dragon

Territorial

-Ember Dragon

-Spitfire Dragon

-Blue Banded (Male)

Agressive

-Black

-Bleeding Moon Dragon

-Dark Green Dragon

-Gray

-Hellfire Wyvern

-Seragamma Wyvern

-Sunstone Dragon

-Hellhorse Dragon

-Neglected

-Vampire Dragon

-Cavern Lurker Dragon

-Falconiform

Another aspect to this might be how many dragons you've raised already. Based on what Number you have, here might be more statistics:

5 Dragons: +2%

15 Dragons: +4%

30 Dragons: +6%

45 Dragons: +8%

50+ Dragons: +10%

LIMITS:

There could also be a limit to how many times you can visit the wilderness, or at least interact with the dragons. After 5-10 visits a message like:

"As you head towards the Wilderness you notice there are very few dragons about. You feel it might be because of your scent so you decide to wait a while before you try again."

Now this will be a little bit like Breeding two dragons, it'll either work, nothing will happen, the dragon doesn't like to be around you too much, or they'll attack you/reject you.

Perhaps the text can be something like:

Befriend

You approach -----, you remind him/her of their previous owner and they won't leave you alone.

Curiously Approaches

As you walk closer -----, raises his/her head. You get closer but eventually he/she backs away into the shadows.

Nothing Happens

You approach -----, but he/she ignores you completely and turned away.

Doesn't Want you Around

You Approach -----, He/she lets out a growl and barres their teeth. You decide to walk away.

Reject

You approach -----, He/she lunges at you and tries to attack. You flee back to the trail and don't look back.

Frozen hatchlings could also pose their own challenge. In addition to their breed personality, they'd also have an additional description.

Hiding

You approach ----, but they run away before you can get too close. You can't seem to find them again.

There would be a 30% chance of this happening on all hatchlings.

This wouldn't do anything to the hatchling or the player. It would mostly just waste that opportunity to actually befriend the hatchling.

(If a dragon rejects you, it will be faded out on the Wilderness page if it ever comes up again.)

Also going back to what I said before about entering the Wilderness, based on what reaction you get, this text will appear above the dragon:

Befriend:As you walk along the path ----- walks up to greet you.

Nothing Happens: As you walk along the path ----- raises its head as you walk by.

Threaten: As you walk along the path ----- notices you and lets out a small growl.

Reject: Nothing, as you don't want to go near them

Some minor things that come from this could be an extra scroll of the dragons completely befriended. This could either be private or public, and be structured similarly to the regular scroll. (Including sorting options, etc.)

Some ideas towards these dragons (Ideas will need to be expanded):

~More dragons = Easier to find collectables. Yes, they appear every 5 minutes (I think) but this can help people who have limited time around the holidays, to collect all the sprites. It wouldn't be too much of a change, maybe two every 5 minutes on that direct dragon's page.

~There could be actions similar to regular dragons. Maybe you could give dragons nicknames, that would only be visible on that scroll.

~Observations could be written, similarly to regular dragon descriptions. (Although, considering how many descriptions still need to be approved, this might not be a good idea.)

~Befriending enough of the same dragon could unlock extra encyclopedia information, or unlock it much quicker than normal, like raising dragons.

No breeding or BSA's would be available.

As I think of stuff I'll add it, but please suggest stuff if you want. If this gets shot down, oh well...

sleep.gif

Here goes nothing

Edited by Floralpikmin99

Sounds like a nice idea, sometimes I get bored when I'm scroll locked so something like this would keep me occupied whilst I'm waiting smile.gif

Just something I whipped up in case anyone wants to improve them, some ideas for the badges.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Very bad artwork here, but I'm not to good with making badges... ^^;

Nice idea, and I agree with 666akatsuki, when i am egg locked, it would help with my boredom... smile.gif

And lovely badges BTW!

I like this idea! Maybe there could be something about actually "interacting" with the dragon?

I think if we ever added a treasure hunting or scavenging or other item acquirementsystem, it would be great to allow wild Dragons to be part of this system.

Additionally, another game I played had a "rumor" system. Some of the info could be funny. (Those Thuwed Dragons are getting a little chunky from sitting around all day or .... Midas Dorkface was thinking of changing his name to Midas Doorface..... ) to things that just add to the mythos (The normally singular xxzz breed are starting to group together and get more aggressive towards outsiders, but no one is certain of the reason but I heard .....and then have Dragons randomly give one of a list of programmed reasons) to things that give clues about upcoming potential changes even if they aren't true. Like ..... Some of the WaterHorses are worried. A new algae infecting the local waters and are making them sick. But the worst part is the females are ignoring their eggs and Hatchlings and are chasing away the males. They are worried it make impact the upcoming breeding seasons .... or .... (like in relation to new releases ) .... There have been strange sightings of an unknown group of dragons. They only come out at night but someone swore they saw large horns protruding from their head or ...... one of my explorer buddies ran across a group of eggs they'd never seen before. They were a strange swirl of orange and purple. He only got a glimpse because the mother was returning and he didn't want to be caught ....

Or if we add a migration feature, or temporary changes in breeding of certain Commons ... a dragon could report the mints are having a harder time finding hunting grounds and may try exploring new areas to .... there is a new lizard that seems to have a taste for white eggs. It has destroyed most of the nests and the white Dragons were caught by surprise. They are trying to get aid but in the meantime, most of the eggs were destroyed. Very few survived .... or .... the Brimstones have started chasing away the smaller mints from their volcanoes. The mints are very upset and are seeking help from the Magma Dragons ....

Mostly its limitless I just wanted to list a variety of examples.

Edited by natayah

I don't know if giving the wild dragons an "actual" use like helping you to gain views would be good, but I really like the idea with the badge! It seems easy enough to do (I don't know anything about it, I'm just judging from the way the other badges work). And you can do it or not do it and will have no disadvantage either way. And I like the explanation you came up with. It matches the rest of the game well in my opinion.

Well I'm happy with what I'm seeing with the Poll. ^^ Yay I'm not getting shot down!

Also a sketch for a better badge, perhaps it can look similar to the other badges that show landmarks with raising dragons.

user posted image

Also I've been thinking that Befriending shouldn't be as Quick and takes some more.

How about this:

You first approach the Dragon and it either ignores you or threatens. The next time it either Curiously Approaches you (Something new to add) or Attacks. If it Approaches you it later can befriend you.

Less than a Month: 65% Befriend (Most likely Curiously Approaches)

Curiously Approaches-

As you walk closer -----, raises his/her head. You get closer but eventually he/she backs away into the shadows.

Also as referring to KoalaNoob

Maybe there could be something about actually "interacting" with the dragon?

Perhaps when clicking the Approach Dragon Button a drop down menu appears and has the options of Feeding, Playing, or Training the Dragon. Something like Hiccup slowly befriending Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon by using different tactics each time.

^

(This might get shot down... But hey another attempt to expand. ^^wink.gif

I think just the befriending idea is cute. I wouldn't mind this at all. Its kind of like splash, where you do one action and something small happens.

Made better and more Trophy-like Badges. I did use the base of the other Trophy for raising dragons so I hope that's okay.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

They all say 50 ATM, any suggestions for the numbers that should go on the trophies?

Woah! This would be a really cool idea! I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet here, but could Dragons with BSAs have a chance of using them if they approached you? (Ex: A Red Dragon using incubate which causes all of you're eggs to hatch sooner)And It would make sense if more passive dragons (White, Daydream, etc.) were easier to befriend than more aggressive Dragons (Hellhorse, Hellfire, etc.).

I do like this, like others have said it would give me something fun to do while waiting to become unlocked.

I also like the idea of being able to breed two dragons from the wilderness together, then having the egg chucked into the ap.

Yes yes yes!

+1

This is adorable! i love it.

Maybe rarer dragons could be harder to befriend as well?

Woah! This would be a really cool idea! I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet here, but could Dragons with BSAs have a chance of using them if they approached you? (Ex: A Red Dragon using incubate which causes all of you're eggs to hatch sooner)And It would make sense if more passive dragons (White, Daydream, etc.) were easier to befriend than more aggressive Dragons (Hellhorse, Hellfire, etc.).

That's a good idea. But I'm wondering if that'd be frowned upon, mainly because people could befriend as many dragons with BSA as they want and then use it constantly, so there must be a way to limit it somehow...

I'll update the Post with this idea.

@Lady Artemis: I think Breeding two dragons also might be frowned upon. I'm not 100% sure but I think there were also a few topics including that, but were shot down.

Maybe the BSA dragons could be REALLY hard to find, then after you befriend it, it will leave and you can't ver find that particular dragon again?

Maybe when you try to befriend a dragon, they can be added to a list, and the list can't have too many dragons, and you can only have (x) number of trying-to-befriend-dragons at a time?

This seems potentially dangerous unless it's entirely opt-in, not only in general but on a case-by-case basis. A free Fertility wouldn't hurt anything, but imagine if you got that free Incubate on an egg you were planning on trading, or a wrong-sided Influence on an egg that you really needed to gender correctly? And that's not even taking into consideration destructive BSAs like Earthquake, Bite, or Expunge.

Different breeds being easier or harder to befriend than others sounds like an intriguing feature, but I'd rather the wild dragons keep their BSAs far away from my scroll.

I like this idea! It adds something more to the game and gives the Wilderness dragons more purpose. KoalaNoob has a good idea about maybe putting a limit on the number of dragons you can try to befriend at a time and making the BSA dragons harder to find.

Love the badges, btw! <3

EDIT: Another possible option regarding BSA dragons could be to make it so you can't use their ability at all.

Edited by Kurane

Maybe the BSA dragons could be REALLY hard to find, then after you befriend it, it will leave and you can't ever find that particular dragon again?

But the thing is, BSA dragons AREN'T really hard to find in the wild, and that's what we're talking about here.

A reminder: this is the page we're talking about, with randomly appearing dragons.

Edited by Lady Artemis

I think I'm in love with this idea. Really. xd.png

Maybe for BSA dragons you can and would befriend them like any dragon, but just like any dragon you own you could ask if they could use their ability on your chosen egg. But it would also have the same cool down time as if you had used a dragon off your scroll. Also possibly it could have a lesser chance of working? Since it is from the wild, or maybe the dragon could refuse to do use it's action and so on and so forth. It could also only be used by dragons your friends with, and such.

Just throwing ideas out. ^^;

I really like this idea!

I agree it would give something more to the game, like when scroll locked and such.

Lots of really great ideas here, hope something will come from this thread!