Shadlok

Lineage view change

Do you like this  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I've noticed the lineage has changed, the boxes are no longer boxes, but are rectangular.

Is this permanent or a temporary glitch?

Do you like it?

http://i41.tinypic.com/312fm8n.png

EDIT:

Suggested solutions:

-A toggle switch in your account preferences as to whether you'd like to view the lineage in the old format.

-An edit that we manually do to the code, such as http://dragcave.net/lineage/o/

. The o standing for original? With the o, it will display in the old format, without it, in the current format. 
Edited by Angel of the Inferno

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, hope this is a glitch. It looks horrendous to me D:

It comes at the price that older generations in a long even-gen line now look like one of my messy inbreds, so no, I'm not really in favor of it.

user posted image

Edited by CNR4806

Looks like the lineage image and the name are all on one line for some reason, instead of two lines as they were before. Dunno why that should be, but would also like to see it fixed!

I'm unsure how I feel about it to be honest. I sort of like the larger even gens with this, however, I don't like how the image is moved depending on the length of the name. I DON'T like the seemingly random nature of it in the first example however.

It only seems to affect 5th gens and higher, too. 4th gen, all as it should be; 5th gen, what happened to the CBs?!

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Don't like the centering, and don't like sometimes having the name next to the image, and sometimes under. Should be consistent, at least. But esthetically, it just doesn't look clean.

It looks nice on my inbred where it's consistent, admittedly.

user posted image

I still prefer it the old way though.

I would guess the change is so you don't have to scroll the page to see the full lineage. It is why I stopped at 4th gen in general for a while before I needed new goals. However, I don't like how this looks at ALL. I think it ruins the look of even gens

I loathe it! Some higher even gens that I spent quite a while working on are now just a hot mess dry.gif I am desperately hoping that this is either a mistake, or that it is going to be changed back asap, because it's absolutely destroyed some of my lineage projects.

Well, it's better now with the higher gens left-aligned rather than centered, but I still do not like it. It may well remove a fair amount of vertical scrolling -- but only at the cost of adding FAR MORE horizontal scrolling. And that is so much more annoying than vertical that I would never be for anything that requires constant horizontal scrolling, not matter how much vertical scrolling it eliminates.

I agree with you Bbik, I've noticed it has been left-aligned, but it's still not very nice to look at in my opinion.

eh, I can live with the left aligned if its going to be permanent. I still prefer the old way, but at least it doesn't make the lineages hideous anymore. That was a half hour of pure pixel panic right there.

I'll just sit here and be the only person who really likes the look of this change wink.gif

It's not consistent.

I haven't found it on any stairstep lineages, nor on a lot of my 7th/6th gen even gens either.

:/

I really don't like it either. Some lineages look ok (I guess) but others are horrible.

I started to say no, but if we can get more generations on a page, then I'll go along with it.

While it is currently only possible to view 12 gens, it was cut down from 13 gens some time ago, so if we could add more generations again, I'd be alright with it.

If we can't add more generations to the view, then no. Please fix it.

ETA: It does show in stairsteps - http://dragcave.net/lineage/4kpPq - sad.gif

Edited by dragongrrl