gistofeverything

ANSWERED:Trophy (Really, Badge) Case

It is I, your Controversial Suggestion Queen, and I am here to bring you another suggestion that will wreak havoc and misery for all... or not.

Hi! I was looking at my scroll today, and ten badges caught my eye. They reminded me of my time here, and I wistfully remembered early days.

Then I noticed something else: they took up half of the line.

So I wondered if somehow, we could collect the badges into one place where we could view all of them without (eventually) having two lines worth of badges. Say, a trophycase page or something.

Thoughts? biggrin.gif

I dunno much about shading and stuff but uhm...

user posted image

I did this? Maybe it'll get people a little kickstarted? You guys can use it as a springboard or whatever you want really!<3

A - user posted image

B -  user posted image

The case could work very simply by displaying at the top of the scroll regardless if a user has any badges. The first 6 (or x number, whatever - we could even just go up to one full line) of badges the user gains (not counting the trophy for number of dragons owned) display at the top of the scroll, next to the empty case. Once they gain their 7th (or yth or once a second line is started) badge, the trophy case fills up, so the only thing showing along the top of the scroll is the case and the trophy for number of dragons owned. Clicking on the trophy case would lead to a page similar to FoE/ToT/etc. where all the badges are displayed in even rows. Badges that lead to collections/displays would still be clickable, there would just be two steps to getting to their display page unless someone has the url memorized.

There would be an option to switch the case on/off at any time in a user's account settings. With the trophy enabled, all of a user's badges (excluding the trophy for dragons owned) are displayed within the case and therefore not along the top of the scroll. With the trophy disabled, the case disappears, no matter how many badges a user has. Clicking on the trophy case would lead to a page similar to FoE/ToT/etc. where all the badges are displayed in even rows. Badges that lead to collections/displays would still be clickable, there would just be two steps to getting to their display page unless someone has the url memorized.
Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

If we can expect to have a new badge every Halloween and Christmas, at the least, I wouldn't mind a means of consolidating them. It's starting to look a bit cluttered, to be honest.

I kind of like the badges as they are, though I'm certainly for this.

It won't change the way they look or anything, just have maybe a bookshelf full of badges that redirects to everything that one's obtained. :3

Like our egg baskets redirect us to the eggs we've collected.

As we are getting (as it seems) three or more badges each year (valentines day, halloween, christmas and bages for events like carrot cave, beat the heat release and so on). In a few years a secound row would have to happen. So something to keep even more badges in an organized way, would be cool.

Maybe we could have a bookshelf and the bronze/silver/gold trophy site by site and all the others inside the bookshelf? This way we would be able to use the shortcut to scroll limits.

I support this (without arguing, no less. ohmy.gif)

I would agree with two conditions, that it only kicks in after X number of badges(someone with only one or two badges does not need a case for them), and that either the limit trophy always stayed out, or the link to your limits was moved outside the trophy and as easily accessible as it is now, meaning no extra clicking(the latter option might be better, for how many know you can see how many eggs/hatchlings you have by clicking on your trophy?).

... I didn't even know the trophy had a shortcut to egg limits. XD

I'm okay with the badges display currently but yeah, I dread the day it gets really cluttered. So I defs support this idea. o3o

Edit: actually wait. I can't decide if I like the idea of a long, sprawling display of badges (like now) or the "whole trophy cabinet besides the dragon count trophy" suggestion more. 'Cause like, two trophies displayed on your scroll is so random. ;u; /neutralises vote XD

Edited by Varekis

Thumbs up here. Sounds completely not-controversial and totally benign. Whoop whoop.

*reads the suggestion as Trophy Cave*

DC is finally getting to me...

I don't see how this is controversial, it's pretty logical. x3

I would agree with two conditions, that it only kicks in after X number of badges(someone with only one or two badges does not need a case for them), and that either the limit trophy always stayed out, or the link to your limits was moved outside the trophy and as easily accessible as it is now, meaning no extra clicking(the latter option might be better, for how many know you can see how many eggs/hatchlings you have by clicking on your trophy?).

Oh yeah. I use the limit trophy a lot...

Wouldn't mind all the event trophies being minimized, but that one definitely needs to stay on the scroll.

I like seeing all my badges and trophies on my main scroll, even if they eventually run over into two (or more) lines... I wouldn't like to have to click another link to see them all. So, I would prefer this to be optional, if it were introduced.

I support this. The trophy line is beginning to get a little cluttered. I also agree with it kicking in after X amount and keeping the scroll limit trophy out, or else being able to pick and choose which trophies are hidden.

I agree with those preferring to have the scroll limits trophy separate, but otherwise I would like this suggestion.

Don't really want this. I was kind of looking forward to seeing my trophies stretch across the screen.

I like seeing all my badges and trophies on my main scroll, even if they eventually run over into two (or more) lines... I wouldn't like to have to click another link to see them all. So, I would prefer this to be optional, if it were introduced.

Likewise. "Optional" is the word that is missing in the OP.

Support this idea! What if the case could look like the Easter egg basket, getting more and more filled-up the more trophies you get?

user posted image

I did this? Maybe it'll get people a little kickstarted? You guys can use it as a springboard or whatever you want really!<3

user posted image

Just a tad bit smaller and that would be /cute/! biggrin.gif

I really like that. :3

For every 3 badges one obtains, a small medal would be added to each shelf, and the numbers can be played with to get discussion going, but that at present would hold 18 badges.

What do y'all think?

How about if, after obtaining a certain number of badges, the small trophy case appears and you can choose which, if any, of your badges you want to stuff into it?

As long as it's optional - sure, why not smile.gif For now I like the badges as they are, personally, but if their amount annoys someone and they'd prefer them to be gathered in one place and not take the whole line, it'd be nice to have that option.

But I think that the trophy needs to be an exception, so that even if there's a "case", it's separate from it and is viewable on the scroll like now. Simply because it's linked to a very helpful page which some people check very often. ^^ EDIT: Orrr, yup, making a link to the page with egglimits somewhere else at the top of the scroll could solve this. That way the trophy can also go to the case with no problem.

Edited by ZzelaBusya