Psycho Cat

Trapped ◊ OoC

This is for character sheets, crits, and banners especially! Welcome to the Trapped OoC thread!

The Trapped OoC, along with Trapped itself, should be a safe place to be, and trolls, flamers, and meanies of all kinds will NOT be tolerated, and will be reported. With my anti-troll speech out of the way, I'd like to make one thing clear: DO NOT submit characters here. Do I keep records of players here? Yes. Do I accept them here? No. Characters absofruitiliciously need to be PMed. This way I don't forget anyone.

And ALSO! Certain RL problems have rendered me slightly inactive. For this I apologize, because I know that in the long run this will only end up hurting the RP.

Banners:

kikii

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=150896][IMG=http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk20/kikii-Warrior_lover/trappedbannar_zps68feb43b.jpg][/URL]

Flamma

user posted image

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/iCodUHj.jpg][/URL]

Psycho Cat (aka me)

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=150896][IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/5tvvhl.gif][/URL]

There's also the sucky one in my sig. You can use that, too.

Characters: (awesome rearrangements and headers made by Lukos)

ArchiosLukos

Username: ArchiosLukos

Name: Edward Vermont

Ethnicity: English (Norman?)

History: Edward was in fact raised by a wealthy family as many people guess. His parents were strict about education and just about everything else, making him turn into a small professor. He was pounded into learning problem solving, the maths, sciences, and the arts. He was a very well behaved child, though this 'oppression' did and will most likely leave him prone to strong urges for rebellion and general absurdity.

Appearance:

*hair: Black, thick, curly

*eyes: Stormy blue

*skin: Pale

*height: 5'6"

*weight: 96 lbs

*build: lean

*clothes:

- A black overcoat

- White dress shirt

- Black slacks

- Silver cross

*overview

-Edward is freakishly tall for a boy of his age. His skin is pale white, though one wouldn't compare it quite to marble. However, that might someday come to pass as he ages. His black hair is soft and bound in a sheet of curls, falling past his ears and deeply into his forehead. His blue eyes sheen sadly, but with absolute intelligence. His face is usually set in a contemplating frown despite the fact that he is but 12 years old.

Personality:

* Edward is extremely mature for his age and extremely quiet. He will take charge if forced to and seems very sad on the outside, as if he is already resigned to his fate among the whirlpool of society. He also has a very rigid and stately air about him. This often gives the impression that he must be from a very intellectual family and most assume very rich as well. This is true. He is likely to either just relax when tragedy strikes or sit moodily and rack over his options persistently.

Derp: Codeword

Username: Emeelia

Name: Tambika

Ethnicity: Kenyan

History: She lived with her mama, papa, and younger brother Kanaifu in a small mud hut in a traditional impoverished village. She used to enjoy playing with the other kids in the mud and to make toys in her free time. She started going to school a year ago. She would do whatever her Mzazi asks her to do, and also her Viazi although normally he is not the one asking her to do chores, and sometimes she will even obey Kanaifu, though usually since she is older she won't listen to him and will tease him. And also there was one thing she disliked; because they were poor, her family said she would have to marry this man she did not like, and so she would have to be circumcised before the wedding which would be soon, probably a month by the time the men finish their negotiating. Although Tambika knew she was cowardly for this, she hated pain, and threw up at the sight and smell of blood, and dreaded the coming circumcision. While on a trip to get water she was captured. Tambika was grateful to Marley for this one thing only, that the circumcision would be delayed.

Appearance: Brown skin, white teeth, big black eyes and thick eyebrows along with excessively curly, rather wiry black hair shaved close to her head are Tambiki's general features. She has a loose-fitting faded pink blouse and  knee-length faded green skirt that is rather scuffed. She was not wearing shoes.

Personality: Tambika knows not to talk about ideas with adults, but she loves to take charge when around children younger than herself or her peers. If anyone ever challenges her, though, she quickly backs down, afraid to be in a fight or argument. She prefers to take encouraging roles, to comfort people when they're sad or lonely or scared, and often doesn't know how to recieve comfort herself as she's used only to giving it. She likes to think she's clever, but she knows that of course her Mzazi and Ziazi are ten times cleverer than she is and she can't hope to be clever until she's a woman, and then of course her husband and village men are still cleverer than she.

Derp: Codeword

Edited by Psycho Cat

*crickets*

*stomps on the crickets*

I don't know about any sub plots. We are all trapped in cages at the moment, even if we get out of the cages, we focus on escaping unless the evil doctor's lab is filled with hideous creatures which we have to avoid/kill/befriend to get out.

Oh and a note about my character. She has a high-functioning form of Autism, which means she has some social problems. But she can talk just fine. She just isn't going to start the conversation.

That's interesting. Because of the things that Marley studies, I was actually hoping for an autistic child.

No, there will be no subplot. Yes, there will be a sequel. Probably, the closest thing we'll get to subplot is Marley's history being revealed, which will probably happen during a conversation with Christopher.

And finally, there are no "hideous creatures" to avoid. Marley is a neurologist, not a biologist...

That's interesting. Because of the things that Marley studies, I was actually hoping for an autistic child.

No, there will be no subplot. Yes, there will be a sequel. Probably, the closest thing we'll get to subplot is Marley's history being revealed, which will probably happen during a conversation with Christopher.

And finally, there are no "hideous creatures" to avoid. Marley is a neurologist, not a biologist...

I was joking, I knew that she wasn't a biologist. Just being a bit random.

And yeah, you got an autistic child. A very high functioning one, but autistic none the less. Caitlyn doesn't know she's autistic though, so Marley will have to figure that out on her own.

I was joking, I knew that she wasn't a biologist. Just being a bit random.

And yeah, you got an autistic child. A very high functioning one, but autistic none the less. Caitlyn doesn't know she's autistic though, so Marley will have to figure that out on her own.

Well derp, that would be me. Just ask my dad, he'll tell you how seriously I take stuff.

And I don't think that it would take to long for Marley to find out. She spent eight years in college studying how to define kids like her from the rest.

Okay.

I typed up a kind of 'blueprint' for the mental image I've built with how the kid's were placed in respect to Marley's desk in my post. Let me know if anything should be changed.

Well derp, that would be me. Just ask my dad, he'll tell you how seriously I take stuff.

And I don't think that it would take to long for Marley to find out. She spent eight years in college studying how to define kids like her from the rest.

No worries. I RP seriously, but I like to think I have a sense of humor sometimes. tongue.gif

I can tell this is going to get interesting. I purposefully based Von Williams off myself, so I know how to write her well in the RP. I also thought the others having to deal with Von Williams would add a bit of interest because she won't act like most kids in some situations.

Yay, Christopher's screwing himself over.

Psycho, what does Marley want to do with Chris?

Remember those microchips they put in wolves and stuff to track them that you learned in 4th grade? Yeah. Nothing to mortally wound him, though.

Bump! I know we've been having... issues do to a plot snag, so does anyone want to discuss anything to pass the time? I'm always open to new ideas. Anything to make Trapped a better experience. I'm also open to new intro ideas.

We can't really do anything in cages. Maybe we can find some reason for Marely to let us out here and there so we don't just stay in the same place forever. smile.gif

Yeah, makes sense. Any ideas? Marley's a pretty spiteful person, so I don't think she'd let them out just to stretch...

Maybe she wants to try some new idea on the children? See how they would react/respond to something? She is a neurologist after all.

Well, kikii's character has autism. Maybe once this "Christopher frenzy" has died down, a comparing test would be fun to poke around with. Just my IMO.

Okay. I'm curious, does Marley (or you) intend to have specific interactions with each kid or is it based on personalities and situations/events that arise?

A little bit of both. Christopher's ambitious nature probably doesn't mix well with Marley's temper, but Harris's terrified reaction is what provoked her insult to Edward, so anything could happen.

Edited by Psycho Cat

So since I screwed up a little on my post timing, what should I be doing? Should I just wait until you two are done talking?

*shrug* Just... waiting till it's appropriate for my character to be movin around. or else we'll have a time paradox on our hands.

You might want to think of some funny stories, jokes or prayers - none of us are going to come out from here anytime soon. Skull's timezone is seven hours apart from ours...

Sooo... all the roleplays i have participated in have stopped at the same time exactly and boredom is ensueing now.

Has this officaly stopped or did i just miss something?

Nooo! I don't want this to die! We just need interaction of characters.

I don't want it to either. sad.gif

Calm the derp down! Like all RPs, it will have its own inactive times once in a blue moon. Rest assured, if Trapped dies, I'll be the first to know about it.

EDIT: Keep an eye on the OoC, as I'll be working on the New Lab intro. I'd also like to introduce Darren, played by Flamma. His character sheet is back in the OP.

EDIT AGAIN: I tried my hand at a new intro. Feel free to toss it around a little.

"You crawl into bed after a long day. Your parents come in and kiss you goodnight, completely oblivious to the fact that you may never see them again...

Your day had been relatively normal. Nothing truly exciting had happened. But somehow, you find yourself envelope by an uncomfortable darkness. Are you dead? No, that couldn't be, you were alive just a second ago. You try to wrap your head around the problem before you're abruptly awoken.

You gather that you were dropped. There's a cold, hard surface below you. That erases the possibility that you're back in your bed. As you take in your surroundings, you decide that you're in a cage. On your sides, there are sixteen metal bars in total, with eight on each side. In front, there's a large door made of glass. You try to break it, but all you get is a swollen foot. Not even the tiniest crack had formed... "It must be plexiglass." you think. You could throw a brick at it and it wouldn't break. As you look up the hall that your cage seems to be in, you realize that this looks a lot like a lab. At the end of the hall, a lone scientist sits at a desk. She had bright red hair, no doubt died that color. Upon closer inspection, you notice that she might be an albino. Albino. Why are you put at edge by that word? Then you remember; you had seen on the news that a rogue scientist had been found guilty of kidnapping. The one at the end of the hall seemed to fit the bill perfectly... There's no question about it.

You've been Trapped."

Most of the New Lab intro is based on the perspective of other characters. It also takes some inspiration from the Old Lab intro.

Edited by Psycho Cat