angelicdragonpuppy

Alert when descriptions are approved/rejected

Sooo... I have 1,000+ described dragons, and am working on describing even more. It's not much trouble to work my way through my scroll once, filling in blank descriptions, but what's frustrating is having to go back through the list for days and days on end to see if any got rejected that I need to then rework. Having to look through 300 dragons for a couple of weeks keeping an eye out for the one or two I know will inevitably have their descriptions rejected is not pleasant.

So my suggestion is simple: some type of of pop up when a description is approved or rejected, sort of like there was for the Valentine Flowers event? Or, at the very least, add in a set of description filters--maybe an "undescribed" filter as well as a "rejected" one?

As I've dealt with this issue on a smaller scale, I'd definitely have to agree with this suggestion.

Yes, I also agree with this suggestion. It's very simple and effective, and it's useful.

Ésto me gustaría.

What would be even better is if there were some feedback as to why the description was rejected, but I would be just fine just with a "accepted/rejected/no description" tag.

I would love to see this come in to effect. I don't actually describe a lot of my dragons, so this would not be as useful to me as it would be others, but I do describe dragons. I wrote up a description for Logic about a week after he had grown and had to obsessively check his page every day to see if it was rejected or not. Though I don't write descriptions one hundred times a day, it would be nice not have to continuously check my dragon every day to see if it was rejected or not.

That being said, a notification similar to that of the flower event notification would be lovely. It does not get in the way nor is it too obnoxiously big, but its noticeable enough that I would see it.

A filter would also be something I would approve of as well, but maybe something more along the lines of "Approved description , rejected description, un-described description, and awaiting moderation"? Not those words necessarily, but something that would separate the dragons you did not bother to attempt to describe and the dragons you wrote a description for but have yet to be moderated in any way.

I support because I can't see how it can harm people who don't want to use it, but would be extremely useful for people who describe their dragons.

Yes prease. I occasionally forget which dragons I've described, so if they get a reject it'll take me forever to get around to fixing it.

I don't describe that many dragons, but I do forget which ones I've described, so something like this would certainly be useful.

Edited by TheGrox

This sounds like an excellent idea. I have several pending descriptions right now, and I have them bookmarked in a folder so I can find them again. If I didn't I'd never find them again to check on the comments for fixes or to see if they've been accepted/rejected. A little notifier at the top of the scroll when somethings been commented on/approved/rejected would be fantastically helpful.

I like this suggestion very much. I tend to describe my dragons in spurts, which makes it much more likely for me to forget all about the dragons I described. This idea or little symbols next to dragons denoting that their descriptions are pending, approved, or rejected would be massively helpful and a good reminder for me!

Edited by LibbyLishly

An undescribed/rejected filter (combined, not two separate filters!) would be nice.

Also maybe an alert in the action log.

+1 support. It's annoying to 1) remember which dragons I've written descriptions for recently, and 2) dig for them on my scroll to see if they've been accepted or not.

I also like the filters.

maybe an alert in the action log.

This would be the best, I think.

+ 1 support.

I'm for both action log alert AND the filters. The only reason that I don't mass-describe is that I cannot possibly keep track of them all.

I bet a lot have had the same experience. You just got a new dragon and it grew up!

Now you really want to describe it! After you type in your description, you never when or if it will be accepted. That is where this message box comes in! Once the description is accepted or declined, the message box will let you know. It could also be used for other stuff ,too. It could let you know when a dragon is ready to breed again and stuff like that. But, the main thing is descriptions. I want to know when it was viewed and whether or not its been accepted. Hopefully, all of you agree. smile.gif

Description Approval/Rejection Notification: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=148440

Description Review Notification: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=98278

I don't think there's a thread for breeding notification but with our temporary sort filters, which include being able to sort dragons that are available to breed, I'm not sure it'd be quite as helpful.

I totally agree! I want to know when my descriptions have been viewed. So far, I have no successful descriptions and I want one real bad. I don't know if it's because they haven't seen mine yet or if it breaks a rule. I hope it's the first. dry.gif

I totally agree!  I want to know when my descriptions have been viewed.  So far,  I have no successful descriptions and I want one real bad.  I don't know if it's because they haven't seen mine yet or if it breaks a rule.  I hope it's the first.  dry.gif

You can know if your description has been reviewed by other users by going to your dragon's action page and clicking Describe. Your pending description will show up and below it will be comments left by fellow DC members who have read it. It won't be officially Approved or Rejected until a mod sees it though, which may be a long time. However, you will know when a mod sees it! If it is Approved, it will appear on the dragon's page. If it is Rejected, then there will be a message from the moderator with the other user comments and it will say Moderator Reject with a reason why. smile.gif

The most likely reason it hasn't been Approved is because it takes the mods a long time to read thousands of descriptions. However, if your description is breaking a rule, other users will make a comment about that and you can fix it before a moderator gets to it. smile.gif

Anyways, I also support an alert. Both a message at the top of the scroll and a filter are great ideas, and would be a massive help for everyone who describes.

I like the general idea of a notification or marker of some sort since I have a number of approved descriptions, a few pending, and some that seem to have simply disappeared. Trying to find them currently depends on my memory, since all my notes prior to last November are gone, and searching 3200 dragons is a little daunting.

Would an optional column for the scroll be a good idea, with p for pending, r for rejected and d for those with approved descriptions? Only people who have descriptions at whatever stage would need it, and it would be activated when a first description is submitted.

Just my thoughts on this very useful idea. smile.gif

Would love to have a filter for which are described/not described/rejected/pending. Would also love to have a marker of some sort for the described ones happy.gif

Definitely supporting this. I have no idea which of my dragons are described at this point.

Ultra-bump (seriously...last post was over a year ago ohmy.gif )!

I like the idea of a filter. I also think the idea of an alert is really good. It could simply say

"There are some new reviews on your dragon descriptions!"

And clicking the "new reviews" could redirect you to a page with all the latest description activity for you dragons.

In other words, I support!