tridymite

ANSWERED:Please bring back 3 day drops for new releases

For how long do you want new releases to drop in one biome before they mix with other breeds?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some of us are 'old' DC players and remember the times when we had new releases drop for 3 days solid.

Now its not even 4h since the new release and we get mixed drops already. (well missed a cb silver this way... but...)

PLEASE can we get these drops back?

I would be fine with just 1! day solid.

Edited by tridymite

Twenty-four hour drops do sound better than what I've been seeing. DC does involve people from a lot of different timelines and having such small windows does become cumbersome.

So, I support the idea for lengthened drops, although I don't think three-day drops would be too great in most cases. A day or so would be fine, but by the third people want to get back to their personal projects.

Sounds great to me, but in all honesty I don't think it'll be implemented... the other new-release related changes certainly haven't huh.gif

Agree!

It has become a lot harder to get the new releases. I wouldn't mind if we were given at least 24 hours of only the new eggs dropping in their respective biome.

One complete day would be wonderfull. And would give all timezones a go at the dragons. At the moment some are at a great disadvantage!

One complete day would be wonderfull. And would give all timezones a go at the dragons. At the moment some are at a great disadvantage!

I agree. 24 hours with "new release only" hourly drops would give players in every timezone a fair chance. (except the "problems" with slow internet, old computer and so on - but I guess that's something TJ has no influence on wink.gif )

Edited by counselor

I'd love it if we could have at least 24 hours of new eggs dropping exclusively, so all timezones have a chance to grab them.

Yes. IN the UK we have just got up - and they seem almost impossible already sad.gif At least hold some back so they aren't all the eggs in their biome first thing and then - not, within hours.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I agree with this. It's been only four hours and old eggs are already mixing in. I think 24 hours of only new eggs would be fantastic.

ETA: clarification

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Have been collecting here for years now - and the new releases are like - look what you could have - if are online the minute they come out.

The last release - do not worry - they will be around for awhile - havent seen one of them. Not even during the release.

This is not fun anymore. Took me 2-3 hours normally to get 2 eggs. Now - after a whole day - nothing.

Am missing the last 2 releases and this one - and I am on every full hour and in the 5 minute drops that do not come. Nothing.

If we are not suppossed to get the eggs - whey release anything new.

The gifting threads only work for people with good connections - no one else gets anything.

And in the abonden you only get messy lineages.

I am short before to give up this game.

Yes, i loved those times. ;o;

though im not sure when the drops started turning this short..

Anyways, i'd love to have 3 day long releases back.

Except for holidays, since holidays have caps and players dont need to fight over them after a few hours.

Regular releases, however, lack species caps. Whomever player can catch however much they want.

A hour based release certainly cannot ensure all the players with a satisfying number of the new dragons of their own.

(no i dont mean one hour, i mean ranging from an hour to 24, but not anymore)

A 3 day release would perhaps let all the users get a share of the new eggs, even if its just a little bit.. :0

Thats.. um.. what i think.. :>

Edited by suskekun222

I too think there should be at least a 24 hours exclusive drop. I'm based in Italy, I just switched on my PC in the morning, and the eggs are already mixed.

I wasn't able to catch a single one. The same thing happened with the Tri-Horned. I had to trade for them.

Personally, I would prefer a return to the 3-day drops. Yes, someone would complain but keep in mind that it wouldn't be like at Christmas, when the same eggs drop in all the habitats. These would drop only in one, while the other habitats would continue with their regural drops, allowing people to hunt for other breeds.

This would give more chances to people with slow connections to grab some new eggs.

I am all in favor of a 24hr release period. I've been on since the release and have gotten NADA, I just can't compete with everyone crowding into the alpine to catch these things.

Also, I believe that a longer release time would help alleviate some of the trade inflation that goes on with new releases.

I wasn't able to catch a single one. The same thing happened with the Tri-Horned. I had to trade for them

I haven't seen one. Not during the release and not in trades.

I was really proud of my den - not anymore.

It used to be much easier to get new releases - do not know why this was changed.

Now it is just frustating.

You see new releases and know you will not get any.

I'm very much in favour of a 24 hour exclusive drop of a new release in its dedicated biome. I've been here many years as well, and I remember when it was actually possible to catch a new release without pulling out your hair in frustration.

Even with a very fast internet connection and a fair computer it's become increasingly difficult to catch new releases. I can't exactly pinpoint the moment when it became near impossible, but it's happened within the last year.

I'm lucky, I guess, since I both have a few things I can breed to trade for new releases, and have close friends who are based in different US Time zones and have - all other things equal - a better chance at grabbing new releases since they're more likely online late in the evening than I am at 5 or 6 am in the morning... (I'm in GMT+1). So I'm able to trade with those friends. I hope that will be the case here too...

Otherwise, I wouldn't have as many of the new releases from the last year, that I have.

so yeah, tl-dr, 24 hour exclusive drops for new releases would be awesome and give the entire user base - which covers the entire world by now - a fair and equal chance to get a shot at catching.

(edited for grammar fail, I'm sure there's more...)

Edited by Immaling

The worst thing is that if you ARE on cave time these things happen at a time when you will be on line in the normal run of things. We elsewhere come on to find it's pretty much all over.

If it is GOING to be this way - all releases at 00:00 cave time - it would at least be nice if we were forewarned. I might even get up at 4.30 am if I knew there was to be a new release.

See, just by going from this thread you have the UK, Italy, Germany [i think], West-Coast U.S., and I know there are East-Coast users along with those in Australia and other nations.

With such a diverse site, why is it still based off of a small time window set in East-Coast North America?

I can also attest to it gradually becoming nerve-wracking to get some of these dragons. It's not that I'm picky either, and I doubt everyone on this site is upset about just the CB's. It's the limited releases in general that result in fewer bred, AP'ed, and traded dragons for the userbase as a whole.

I really wish the drops weren't gobbled up in three to ten seconds. >:

Guys, I was here at midnight Cave time when they first dropped. By 1 AM they only dropping at the hour and every 5 mins. At 2 AM they were mixed in like normal drops.

So yeah, new releases = 24 hours, give all timezones a go, and then normal. I'm all for that. And maybe, for the first 3-4 hours at least, drop continuously.

24 hours across alle biomes.

It was easier to get new releases as there was only one cave.

If this keeps up like this - new release - who cares - won't get any anyways.

Need to be longer than 4 hours....

Fuzz - wasn't it 24 hours before the other eggs were mixed in ? And then gradually

Only problem....and call me cynic if you want....I don't believe all this is gonna make a difference. No one really listens to the masses anymore here. They just let us flap our gums, to get it out of our systems, and things go on the way they do. Changes are made and how the majority feels, well, just not very important.

Been here since 2008...seen it go this way slowly. sigh. And now I'm hooked and can't leave so I just deal.

The worst thing is that if you ARE on cave time these things happen at a time when you will be on line in the normal run of things. We elsewhere come on to find it's pretty much all over.

This.

Usually I don't find out about new releases until I get home after work, that's around 10+ hours afterwards. I'm only home today thanks to a flu but I'm not catching anything anyway.

Fuzz - wasn't it 24 hours before the other eggs were mixed in ? And then gradually

Can't remember now. I am very old....

The speed they are going I think people are using snaplinks... AND I MISCLICKED sad.gif

Thats why I started another Dragon Collecting Game. You get new releases there and you really find older rares when you are patient.

I used to help a lot - with breeding and gifting - but since I always go out empty - I stopped.