TheGrox

Random Egg/Mystery Egg

What if we added an egg with a generic description [maybe something like "This egg looks interesting."], (or maybe even no description), which could drop in any biome, and could turn out to be any breed that drops in that biome? Obviously there's more chance it'll be a Whiptail than a Gold, but there's always a chance.

Leetle trees and anything else with a scroll-limit would not be included.

Another possible idea;

Maybe just have a fourth egg space that always [when eggs are there] has one of these 'random' eggs in it?  It would take a random egg from the backlog when you choose that egg.  It would vanish when there were only 3 eggs left in that biome, since there isn't any backlog to take an egg from.

---------

I was thinking about how we could make DC a bit more luck-based, and I think this would be the way to do it. Even people who have slow Internet could grab these 'chance eggs', and have a chance at getting something rare. It's better than watching CB Metals to by and knowing someone who has a better Internet grabbed them before you. And it'd be fun grabbing open egg without knowing what it is. Kind of like the fun of grabbing a Ridgewing to see if it's tan, or a Dorsal to see if it's red, but on a larger scale.

I can't see that this has been suggested before. Please discuss. o3o

~Merged a topic~

It would be cool if instead of 3 eggs in each cave, there were 4, but the 4th one didn't show a description because "it is too dark in the cave to see what the egg looks like" (the 4th egg would be farther back into the cave). To make it worth stealing, it would be more likely to be a rare dragon than the other eggs.

user posted image

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Is this meaning /any/ egg can drop in /any/ biome?

If so, nopls. Certain eggs are supposed to drop in certain biome(s) (but I think you know that.).

Alright, read the OP a little closer. Definite support.

Would Leetle Trees be included? I don't want that.

Edited by gistofeverything

That's an interessting thought.

But wouldn't most of the eggs that were common end up filling the AP?

Nonetheless i would try -just for the thrills... laugh.gif

I once thought how all the eggs could have the same/ or none description as an aprilfool fun event... xd.png

That's an interessting thought.

But wouldn't most of the eggs that were common end up filling the AP?

Nonetheless i would try -just for the thrills... laugh.gif

I once thought how all the eggs could have the same/ or none description as an aprilfool fun event... xd.png

ohmy.gif I like the thought of /no/ description. More suspense = more fun~ o3o

Is this meaning /any/ egg can drop in /any/ biome?

If so, nopls. Certain eggs are supposed to drop in certain biome(s) (but I think you know that.).

Gah, I knew I should've explained myself more clearly. I mean that this would be a random egg from that biome. Only eggs that already drop in that biome could be found in a random egg. /can'texplainthingsclearly

ETA: I also like the thought of no description. o3o

And yeah, I don't think leetles should be included.

Edited by TheGrox

Leetle Trees drop as eggs, but aren't eggs. Would they be included?

Niinjas are real.

How many descriptionless eggs would drop per hour?

Edited by gistofeverything

i think it would be cool it would defently make things more fun as well as give players who cant get rare eggs cause of slow net like me. a chance at getting a rare egg on there own.

Support! If only for the fun of it, because I don't think chances of catching CB metal that way will be so high. But I would like it very much; I really think it would be fun to catch such a random egg to see what it is.

They should not appear too seldom, though. At the rate of uncommons, perhaps?

I'm not sure how often they should appear, to be honest. They don't want to end up becoming blockers themselves ... Although, if they did drop like super commons, people would be more likely to take a chance grabbing them than say a Spitfire, and would keep the cave moving a bit ... Though I suppose having them drop like uncommons might be a bit more sensible. I'm really not sure. xd.png

Edited by TheGrox

Hmm; might it make sense to have the description resolve to its actual type after a while (maybe a minute)? Three slots of This egg looks interesting might be a bit painful (though I'm not sure; it might not be a huge issue).

I like the idea, though. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

There once was a thread with this suggestion. Maybe Sock has noted it down?

I'm not sure how often they should appear, to be honest. They don't want to end up becoming blockers themselves ... Although, if they did drop like super commons, people would be more likely to take a chance grabbing them than say a Spitfire, and would keep the cave moving a bit ... Though I suppose having them drop like uncommons might be a bit more sensible. I'm really not sure. xd.png

I would suspect they would just end up clogging the AP, though....

Perhaps for every five page loads one will show up. While that'll probably be hard to code (might not be, I honestly don't know a thing about coding a website, besides skinning one) it might work.

Yes, since I've beenplaying the AP has been mainly locked and only unlocked for short periods so I suspect the difference would not be that big.

I think the point was that many undesirables would be thrown away, clogging up the AP.

((1500 posts? Wow.))

Ooh, I like this. I'd prefer a generic description to no description, though, as the latter would look weird popping up in between all the eggs with descriptions.

As for how often they show up--it could probably be 5% of the time, but that'd be coming off of the breed produced's ratios as well. For example: the cave has a 1% chance to create a Gold, and does so. That Gold then has a 5% chance to also have the generic description.

Ooh, I like this. I'd prefer a generic description to no description, though, as the latter would look weird popping up in between all the eggs with descriptions.

As for how often they show up--it could probably be 5% of the time, but that'd be coming off of the breed produced's ratios as well. For example: the cave has a 1% chance to create a Gold, and does so. That Gold then has a 5% chance to also have the generic description.

5% all the time? I'm iffy on that.

Maybe there could be fixed points throughout the day where 15 or so RandomEggs appear with a metal being there about 3.5%.

Maybe a separate biome full of anything eggs. A foggy biome would work.

You can only make out the outline of this egg through the thick fog.

Is there a feasible terraneous region that has perpetual fog?

I'm on the fence with that one.

I considered suggesting a seperate biome too. But I think I'd still prefer the random eggs to be in with all the other eggs. A new biome might just get forgotten about and ignored. Hmm.

Edited by TheGrox

i like this idea! it's like grabbing a surprise bag from a dollar store biggrin.gif

I considered suggesting a seperate biome too. But I think I'd still prefer the random eggs to be in with all the other eggs. A new biome might just get forgotten about and ignored. Hmm.

This this this.

I assume it would be Alpine-related (because mountains are foggy), but cold we put all the eggs into one biome like that? Would the spriters be okay with that?