Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

This is a thread to discuss how and if future raffles might be done. It is not a thread to discuss or contain discussion on:

• The behavior of other users. Everyone is free to play as they want. If a post is inappropriate, report it using the report function.
  • Greed or perceived greed. There's no such thing as greed in DC, so it doesn't belong in a suggestion discussion.
  • Whining/complaining/drama queens/sore losers/etc. perceived or otherwise. This is name calling and will not be tolerated.
  • Harassment. If you have a question about what constitutes harassment, PM a moderator.
  • Drama.
  • The tone of the thread (ex. this thread is a bunch of users with greedy intentions). If you see a post you believe to be inappropriate, report it with the report function rather than commenting on it.
  • Other off-topic subjects. If it does not directly pertain to the discussion of which idea(s) are best it does not belong in here.
Please keep your reasons for wanting or not a certain change in the raffles to how it would affect the game. Any posts constituting any of the outlined points not allowed in this thread will be edited out and the user will receive a warning. If you see any rude or off-topic posts, please simply report them using the report function. Commenting on something you know is not allowed in the thread will also be deemed spam and may earn you a warning.

It has been noted that the current way of doing things is not satisfactory, as it leads to mountains of PMs to the prize dragon winners [and a certain amount of harassment] and leaves most of the users only dreaming of getting a prize dragon, their only hope a long gen months, or even a year or more in the future. This thread is to encompass suggestions to improve these problems and in general make the raffle more enjoyable to all.

Feel free to suggest new ideas [or old ones that were overlooked] or suggest changes to the ideas listed.

Consider these suggestions in concert rather than "pick one". For example, increasing the number of prizes and having a public version could work well together. I personally think one of the suggestions to make retired prizes still obtainable is a must, no matter what else is done.

Suggestion #1:

Increase the number of prize dragons given in the raffle.

One suggestion is to increase the number of prizes [including HM] to be 1% of the raffle entries. So 1 in 100 people who enter would win something. True, it would devalue the 2nd gens some, but not significantly. However, the plus of also spreading out the PMs between the extra winners would balance it. It also means that getting a low gen prize is not just a pipe dream for the average non-winner because there would be roughly ten times the number of prize dragons, so even if they still can't afford a 2nd gen, a 3rd or 4th wouldn't be out of their reach. If two raffles per dragon are desired, .5% might be better so it would be a total of 1% after both raffles.

Remember that the prize dragons would still be exclusive. Fewer than 1% of users would have that dragon, and fewer still your color.

One idea to help with the increased time it would take to select all the winners [due to non-responders and therefore redraws] would be to select more winners than are desired, perhaps by as much as 5 to 10% over for the first round of emails. So if there's 400 winners he would send out an extra 20 to 40 emails, all of which would be for the HM slot since there is the ability to upgrade. Given the 30% non-response rate this year, it's unlikely that he would end up with more winners than are desired, and even if he ends up with extra winners they would all be HM winners, not prize dragon winners.

Suggestion #2:

Have more than one raffle in a year.

Basically there would be two raffles. The current winter one, and a second summer one around the time of the solstice. To reduce the load on TJ it could be as simple as a link to click to enter the raffle. To make it more of an event, perhaps it can coincide with a cave release. Either the number of winners in each would stay the same or be raised slightly, or even each be 1/2 of 1% of the entries, with the total winners being roughly the same as suggestion #1, just spread out over two raffles. It would also give something to look forward to in the summer, which is rather dull event wise.

One suggestion for the summer raffle is to have some of the HM winners also get the bonus prize of being able to pick a dragon [possibly from a list of “approved” dragons instead of the entire completed list] to be released during the event, possibly around the time the prizes are given out to give TJ some time to code in the new dragons.

Suggestion #3:

Release a dully colored variant of the prize dragons. Designed to be not as pretty as the prizes, but still nice looking. If the metal theme continues in future prizes, a duller less valuable metal such as iron would make sense for the public version. Other options would be gray, dull brown, black, or a dully colored normal color such as blue or red.

It could be done in multiple ways:

1. Permanent rare dragon in the cave [problem: limits effectiveness because the public version is still hard to get]

2. Holiday style release, where they flood the cave and then vanish. With or without a limit on the number of CBs obtainable.

3. “Consolation prize”, where every non-winning raffle entry gets the dully colored variant. In this case it is not released in the cave. One question is HM winners. Do they get this variant or not? I say yes, since otherwise they are missing out on something nice [i'd personally choose the “consolation prize” over an HM prize if the HM didn't get that dragon too]. Prize dragon winners are getting the shiny version, and so it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to get the “consolation prize”. If they want one for lineage purposes, I'm sure they can find someone to trade. x3

4. Combination of above. For example, consolation prize with it also being released as a rare so that people aren't limited to one. Another example would be holiday style flood [with a limit during the flood?] with them being rare after.

If the variant is a cave release it would be treated as a different dragon than the prizes by the ratios.

Yes, it arguably makes the winners' dragons less “special”, but it also lessens the demand for their 2nd gens, so they will get bothered less. They'd still be desired, but not as frantically because they're not the only way to get the sprite.

Suggestion #4:

Make CB prize dragons multiclutch prize eggs. It would make finding a 2nd gen prize in the AP not inconceivable and would help spread around low gen prizes.

Suggestion #5:

Add retired prizes to the list of HM prizes.

If TJ doesn't want as many released as the HM prizes, limit the number of each breed/color that can be chosen, first come first serve. The winners have at least one full year of being exclusive and special and being able to demand any price. Without this the CB tinsel [and future retired prizes] winners will eventually all go inactive and new 2nd gens of the retired prizes will be extinct. Even if all HM winners choose a tinsel they would still be an extremely limited and rare dragon as a CB.

It could also be done by adding another level of prize where Tinsels are given out, keeping HM prizes as they are. They would stay at that level until Shimmers are retired, when Tinsels would be added to the HM prize list and Shimmers would take their place.

Suggestion #6:

Ensure that newly released prize dragons only produce prize eggs for the first x months, allowing them to spread more quickly.

Suggestion #7:

Add retired prizes to the cave as rares.

Basically two years after retirement [giving a minimum of 3 years of total specialness] all colors of the prize dragon get added to the cave as rares. [or one year after retirement [minimum two years of total specialness] if two years after retirement is too long a wait]

If nothing else there's the promise of being able to get CBs yourself in the future, and low gens becoming obtainable.

The public releases could be modified so that the originals would better retain their value. For example, the tinsel could have its wreath removed. The shimmers describe them holding a jewel like egg. The originals could have such an egg added to the sprite that would then be removed for the public release. Another option for the shimmers is to change the color of their fur in a way that still goes well with the sprite. An example would be changing the silver's fur from greenish to bluish. The special traits would breed true, so you could tell the difference between a prize descended from an original prize and a public release.

The public version would be a different species according to the cave and therefore the ratios so the public version won't hurt the prize's breeding and visa versa.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I would like everything but da #3, please.

#1 More Prizes + #2 More Lottos: Pretty straightforward. More prizes = more happiness for players + less strain on winners, for the most part. And the winning pool would still be so low that I assure you they'd still be very, very rare and their babies worth lots.

#3 Release of Common Colored Prizes in the Cave: Unless the colored prizes don't breed true (which I imagine would displease the winners greatly), I don't think this would fix anything. The main problem I see with such limited prizes is that only the winners get to really create lineages with those beauties. Even if I had a slate-colored Shimmer, I'd be sad because I couldn't make a Silver Shimmer lineage. I imagine a lot of other lineage-builders would feel the same way, and thus nothing would really be fixed. I don't think it would HURT anything, but I just don't think it'd do much good towards fixing things, either.

#4 Multiclutching of Prizes: I imagine any multiclutching would happen only for the first month or so, and considering CB Hollies can multiclutch but still have people trading uber-rares for a guaranteed baby from them, I think CB Prizes could handle a month of multiclutching without affecting the winner's ability to get rich. Yes, a month of multiclutching is more than a week of multiclutching, but it's not a HUGE difference.

#5 Adding Retired Prizes as HM Options: If nothing else I believe this one is NECESSARY unless people want Gold Tinsel low-gens going the way of the Dodo bird. Think of how rare 2nd gen Hollies are. Now realize that compared to CB Gold Tinsels, CB Hollies look common. NOT GOOD, BROS. Add them in as HMs, or alternate Shimmers vs Tinsel prizes every year or every two years, but some CBs MUST be kept in rotation. I don't buy the crap about more CB Tinsels making the other ones less valuable. You don't see any original Holly owners crying about HM CB Hollies, now do yah? Nope, you don't--because they know their own CBs are still rare as heck and have super-high-value babies, even with a few more CBs in the system.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

In favor of #1:

I seem to remember that at the beginning of any new release, the new eggs can be traded for high prices. This usually lasts from 3 to 7 days, until the hoopla dies down and more people manage to catch them. For some eggs, the Trios for example, their apparent rarity makes this period last somewhat longer.

My point here is that giving out more prizes will not change their perceived value for a while. People will still be able to ask high prices for 2 gens, but they may not be able to ask those high prices for as long as they are now. The trade off will be that each winner will have to cope with a smaller number of pleading, offering, harassing, pms than they do now. That will be the "price" winners will have to pay for more prizes given out.

For the normal player, who didn't get a prize, they will be able to look forward to finding a prize offspring in the AP sooner, or to have something worth trading for one they like sooner.

It seems like a win-win to me.

Against #2:

I want more releases not more events which seem to cause curtailing of releases.

In favor of #3:

New releases? Always in favor of that. And, this would give non winners something to do while waiting their turn for prize offspring.

Against #4:

To me it seems to make a rule exception for something that doesn't really merit an exception.

No opinion on #5:

Don't really see any benefit, but don't particularly care.

I like #1, 2. Those options seem very fair to me.

I don't like 3 much. It means a new 'prize' dragon for everyone even if it is another color, sure, but is the point of raffles to make sure the whole house wins? I mean, even with this dragon people still aren't going to be happy because they didn't get THE prize. I don't know...

I don't like 4. I would not want my own prize dragon to multi clutch if I had one.

I don't care much what happens with #5.

Whatever TJ decides, I'm good.

I:

~Agree with Number 1

~Disagree with Number 2

~Am not opposed to or strongly desire 3-5.

I've remained out of the debates up to this point, but I only want to say that I disagree with #2 because I think it would cause more problems than it would alleviate.

Against #4:

To me it seems to make a rule exception for something that doesn't really merit an exception.

It's not really an exception to the rules, though. In the past every dragon had a shot at multiclutching, and even if that's no longer the case, it still fits in with the current breed action description.

From the page of my male Purple:

"Breed this dragon with a female, potentially producing eggs."

Considering how limited in number Prizes are, I think it makes sense ratio-wise for them to kick multiples the first few times. Really they should be doing it longer than a month, but I wouldn't mind it being set for first month only if people feel it's needed to keep them from being too widely spread out.

Oh, also, PF, can you add this suggestion in too?

#6: Ensure Prizes can only breed true (except on Holidays) for the first x amount of months, ensuring they have time to spread throughout the system.

Right now Shimmers are kicking fails as often as Shimmers, which is rather disheartening for all of us waiting. I seem to recall Tins breeding true much more often.

Sounds good to me, Angelic.  I'll add it. =3

Thanks PF <3

Regarding multiclutching: I can understand arguing against it based on not wanting the 2nd gens to become too common (although I still think the prize winners would have no trouble trading them for tons of rares), but I don't get the argument against "not wanting them going to random homes." I mean, Holidays multiclutch, don't they? If you're that dead set against them going off randomly, you just don't breed until they're out of season. With Prizes, you could just wait until the first month is over. However I really hope no one'd be so against some 2nd gens going out to the common folk for free that they'd wait just to avoid it. I get bummed when my Holidays multiclutch and some of the eggs go to stinkers, but the hope that they'll go to good homes makes it worth it for me--and most DO go to good homes. <3

Regarding multiple raffles: I still think any other raffle would be done without the fanfare of the Christmas ones, and thus would hopefully be less work for TJ to manage. Since nothing is really going on in Summer--and since, if I recall correctly from the ask TJ thread, TJ said he actually has more free time when he's working then he does when he's in college--I don't think it'd be too much work for him to do a raffle without it messing up the chances of a normal release. Heck, we could even have the two tied together--we could have a normal unlimited but guaranteed release (in other words, we know every year we'd get a release around that time), and anyone who signs in within a week from that release gets an entry to the raffle. Shouldn't be too hard.

The idea of Shimmers breeding true more often at this point of time would be definitely a bonus to curtail issues which have been aired.

#4 I would be opposed to the multiclutching idea because some people find that aspect a turn off and could be less inclined to breed their prizes. But this is just my thought. More likely to cause a hindrance than actually help it.

Edited by Starscream

I am in favor of #1. I'd like to see the idea of 1% of the active user base as the number of prizes, with 10% of the prizes being 1st prize, 20% of the prizes being 2nd place, 30% of the prizes being 3rd place and 40% of the prizes being HM. In a user base of 50,000 that would mean 500 prizes. 50 of them would be 1st place, 100 of them would be 2nd place, 150 of them would be 3rd place and 200 of them would be HM.

I don't think 500 prizes out of 50,000 people is too many prizes. It's enough that everyone feels they have a good change to win, without making it so high a chance that it isn't special anymore to win.

I am ok with #2, mostly. I'd divide the 1% of the user base so half the winners are winter winners and half the winners are summer winners if this idea is adopted. I wouldn't make the summer event a big deal though, or replace regular releases with it. A simple "enter the raffle" button would be fine. (I too want more regular releases.) Tying the "enter the raffle" button to a release would be fine though. Even fun.

I am not in favor of allowing the winners to choose a dragon for release from the Completed List or any portion of the Completed List. I think the decision on what to release and what not to release needs to remain solely in TJ's hands for the benefit of the game as a whole. He has the balance of the whole game foremost in mind.

I am not in favor of #3. I don't think it would have the benefit that is hoped for here. It ends up just turning it into another holiday or regular release. Leave the prizes as prizes. For those who are unhappy waiting for nicely lineaged dragons from the prizes, the other ideas here will help with that.

I'm not particularly in favor of #4 either. I don't see the benefit of it. For people who prefer to control where their dragon's offspring end up this might influence them to not breed their prizes at all. For those who would breed anyway, the people hunting second gens have such a small chance to actually be hunting the ap when the prizes are bred it's still virtually no chance to get one.

As for the last suggestion, #5, I am in favor of having past years' prizes as available as HM choices, after waiting a year from the time they're retired as the prize. That keeps fresh blood in the breed while giving past winners plenty of time to benefit from their good fortune.

Edit: dang you, PF. tongue.gif adding another suggestion while I'm typing. Not particularly in favor of this one either. I think it's adding an unneeded complication to the whole thing. And what of the people who really enjoy prize "fails"? I think any offspring of cb prizes are valued. Yes, I realize they aren't the prize breed, but prizes will breed prizes enough that I don't think you need to stack the deck.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I'm going to take a big step and say no to everything while proposing my suggestion and the reasoning behind it.

- No more raffles, and release Tinsels and Shimmerscales as a rare in-Cave species (all color variations).

Why? Because, in my opinion, it is just fair for everyone.

I, as a breeder, do not particularly care for raffles (like I stated). While I like having breeding fodder from every dragon, and I am still lacking CB gold pairing and a CB silver female, I do not get enjoyment from neither super-duper rares, nor raffle prizes. I am content with getting one sprite of each, male and female, but due to the limitations of raffle prize lineages, and due to breeding ratios of rares, they are no fun to me at all, and thus I do not pursue them. For my gameplay, I need dragons that breed securely at least once or twice a month, and that I can only achieve with commons, so I focus on collecting and breeding commons.

But I feel for those whose scroll goals is having a CB male/female of each, or those breeders that are willing to try with super rares. As my gameplay it is not affected by these events, I worry that other's gameplays are being affected, and I understand it is not "too fair".

By starting from a blank slate we manage the following;

- Raffle Prizes will always be the original. Their value will not go down, or only slightly, as people will still pursue the descendants of the original lineages.

- By making them as rare as gold and silver dragons, their slow breeding will help keep the prize of original lineaged second gens (tinsels pretty much became a pest, even today trading a 5th or 6th gen is night impossible).

- By releasing them as in Cave dragons, everyone can eventually get one by working hard enough, and not by sheer luck. The negative feelings of a large part of the community get appeased.

I believe this would be the most sensible option.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

Suggestion #1: Increase the number of prize dragons given in the raffle.

I like this idea. I prefer the thought of a prize being given out as a percentage of those who entered over a small number of dragons handed out set in stone. It seems a lot fairer to those who enter as well as to those who win a prize since there are more prizes spread out over all.

Suggestion #2: Have more than one raffle in a year.

This idea sounds wonderful. It feels like dragon cave really stagnates in the summer since all of the holidays take place at the end and beginning of the year. Plus it gives a chance for those absent for one raffle to be around for the second.

Suggestion #3: Release a dully colored variant of the prize dragons.

I like this idea, but only as long as the day of release is more than just one or two days before the other dragons get integrated back into the system. People with slower internet connections would be really upset to have the opportunity to get a prize style dragon taken away because people are filling their scrolls with the new dragons and they're SOL because their internet is being a jerk.

I'd also like to request that the color that the dull dragon is be rotated so we don't have a bunch of one color dragon because of the dull prizes. LIke we have a red, then blue, then green, then yellow, then purple, then black, etc.

Suggestion #4: Make CB prize dragons multiclutch prize eggs.

That would be cool since it would toss the extra eggs to the AP and allow for users to get them there. Though I can't see this being a very good solution with ratios in place.

Suggestion #5: Add retired prizes to the list of HM prizes.

Yes. I don't see why a retired prize can't be a new HM prize. People aren't stupid. They can obviously see the date the egg was received and know that this isn't one of the official prizes given out. On top of that this would allow for a more spread out population of cave born prizes and take stress off the others who own CBs.

I'm going to take a big step and say no to everything while proposing my suggestion and the reasoning behind it.

- No more raffles, and release Tinsels and Shimmerscales as a rare in-Cave species (all color variations).

Why? Because, in my opinion, it is just fair for everyone.

I, as a breeder, do not particularly care for raffles (like I stated). While I like having breeding fodder from every dragon, and I am still lacking CB gold pairing and a CB silver female, I do not get enjoyment from neither super-duper rares, nor raffle prizes. I am content with getting one sprite of each, male and female, but due to the limitations of raffle prize lineages, and due to breeding ratios of rares, they are no fun to me at all, and thus I do not pursue them. For my gameplay, I need dragons that breed securely at least once or twice a month, and that I can only achieve with commons, so I focus on collecting and breeding commons.

But I feel for those whose scroll goals is having a CB male/female of each, or those breeders that are willing to try with super rares. As my gameplay it is not affected by these events, I worry that other's gameplays are being affected, and I understand it is not "too fair".

By starting from a blank slate we manage the following;

- Raffle Prizes will always be the original. Their value will not go down, or only slightly, as people will still pursue the descendants of the original lineages.

- By making them as rare as gold and silver dragons, their slow breeding will help keep the prize of original lineaged second gens (tinsels pretty much became a pest, even today trading a 5th or 6th gen is night impossible).

- By releasing them as in Cave dragons, everyone can eventually get one by working hard enough, and not by sheer luck. The negative feelings of a large part of the community get appeased.

I believe this would be the most sensible option.

I would be ok with this, with two modifications:

- Prizes aren't released in the cave until a set amount of time (2 years?) after the last time they were given out as prizes. Actually with this system, you could probably still keep prize winners as a part of the raffle, because it'd be still thrilling for the winners while not being half as frustrating for everyone else. People who had the riches to pay for 2nd gens early still would, while those who don't could be content waiting until their eventual in-cave release.

A more visual example of the timeline:

Year #1: Shimmers released as Prizes ---> Year #2: Shimmers released again as Prizes ---> Year #3 & Year #4: Shimmers retired, new Prize added ---> Year #5: Shimmers released in-cave, new Prize retired, next new Prize added

- Or, at the very least, keep HMs around as raffles, even if prizes are dropped out. I would be insanely happy to have a CB Holly or Gold with my choice of code, but at the same time it wouldn't be such a huge bummer to those who missed out because none of those things are as exclusive as Prizes.

I'm going to order these in order of highest preference.

DragonNighthowlers suggestion

My only counter to his (or her) suggestion is that I have nothing agianst raffles in general, so long as only HM style prizes are offered.

I like option '3' the most, though I am amiable toward '1' as well. It would not only give us something to do while waiting for the 'shiny' ones to get more populated, but it would give us something else 'worthy' (I hate that word) of trading with for stuff.

#1 & #2

If I can't have #3, I want more CBs out there, a lot more, so those without have a better chance of getting one sooner.

I'm down for this too.

If none of the above are a go, then I'll settle for this one, if only to put more 'new blood' out there for the older, 'retired' prizes.

I'm actually rather neutral on this one.

Just a couple of notes to explain my choices:

- I dislike that the exclusive prizes exist at all, for a number of reasons (big one being that it excludes completely those with scroll goals regarding CBs, which goes against the 'play your way' stance of the site).

- I see all dragons as just pixels, so 'trade worth' is pretty much meaningless to me.

- Prizes aren't released in the cave until a set amount of time (2 years?) after the last time they were given out as prizes. Actually with this system, you could probably still keep prize winners as a part of the raffle, because it'd be still thrilling for the winners while not being half as frustrating for everyone else. People who had the riches to pay for 2nd gens early still would, while those who don't could be content waiting until their eventual in-cave release.

- Or, at the very least, keep HMs around as raffles, even if prizes are dropped out. I would be insanely happy to have a CB Holly or Gold with my choice of code, but at the same time it wouldn't be such a huge bummer to those who missed out because none of those things are as exclusive as Prizes.

I would be fine too with waiting a certain amount of time. smile.gif

Raffles with HM? Sounds like a good option to me. Keep out special prizes and allow the winners to get CB versions of past holiday dragons, would be something I'd love to see implemented.

Suggestion #1 is definitely my favourite. It would be nice in general having more of the prize dragons around, since it would give everyone a better chance of getting offspring on their own scrolls. smile.gif It would spread the wealth in terms of those lucky enough to win a CB and the breeding pool would be larger, so everyone who didn't would hopefully be able to get their hands on something. happy.gif The number of prizes was already raised this year though, so we're headed in the right direction in that regard. But I'd personally like to see it higher still.

Suggestion #2, I guess I wouldn't mind, but if the numbers were raised then I don't really see the need. But another raffle wouldn't be a bad thing, so I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it. tongue.gif

Suggestion #3, I'd like this if it was something along the lines of "everyone who completes the event [the cooking for last year] will get one new CB dragon." Then either the winners get a more "special" version of this dragon, or they get the same as everyone else plus a new prize dragon. Either way, every person who participated would get something. And since you would have to participate, I don't think that this would constitute as spontaneous egg creation as such. But even if it does, that's what prizes are anyway, so it would just be extending that a little. tongue.gif

Suggestion #4, I'm not really for. We don't have mutliclutches for any other dragons except holidays, so I wouldn't particularly want to see it done for prizes. And anyway, it's up to the owners what they want to do with their eggs, if they want to share them or not, and I feel like something like this would be kind of taking control of their play style just a little. I dunno, I'm just not really for it.

Suggestion #5 seems a little unfair to me. The point of getting HM is that you haven't won, but you get something else. Giving out a prize dragon for it (albeit an older one) is still a prize, in my opinion. I'd prefer HM to remain as non-prize dragons.

Suggestion #6 I feel would ruin the ability for people who own the prize dragons to make the lineages that they want to do. And they're the ones who have won the prize, so I think it's only fair that they're allowed to do with it what they want. It seems a bit unfair that they'd have to put their own lineages on hold because their dragons are forced to produce prize eggs, rather than the partner. Yes, I think it would be nice for as many people as possible to get offspring, but I don't think it should come at the price of the winner being hindered.

I'm in favour of a small increase in prizes. But not too many. Nothing above 1% in total. I'm also in favour of 2 raffles per year instead of one.

I'm definitely not in favour of multiclutching of prizes. We don't need to make them like holidays - they should breed like any normal release.

I'm definitely in favour of adding past prizes to the HM pool, too. If the userbase is increasing every year (as I assume it would), then there should be more Tinsels/Shimmers/Prizes added each year to compensate.

A more visual example of the timeline:

Year #1: Shimmers released as Prizes ---> Year #2: Shimmers released again as Prizes ---> Year #3 & Year #4: Shimmers retired, new Prize added ---> Year #5: Shimmers released in-cave, new Prize retired, next new Prize added

I like this modification. [them being released one/two years after retirement and continuing prize dragons]

I'm not a fan of the original suggestion. I don't think getting rid of the raffle is the best solution to it.

# 1.2 3. or a combination thereof would be grand

I am not that fond of the tinsel sprite, but the example black/coal one I do like so I would love to see it as a cave release--

perhaps while the winners are waiting/ verifying etc- which usually takes a month or so , the discontinued prize could be released in cave-- for a month or so-- then removed until the next raffle-- if we went to two raffles that would be a twice yearly release so newbies could get one. even if they dropped as commons for a month they would still be rare over all due to limited release.

although this might create a lot of pressure on the cave for that month-- maybe a 3 month release???? , other new releases could happen during that time

# 4 No

# 5 . 6 neither would really help with the issue of only a few with CB prizes and the high price of 2nd gens

I would not object to #1, though if #3 goes through, it might not be necessary.

My experience of raffles has been fun, despite losing. As such, I wouldn't object to a second one; however, we need to make sure that we're not blocking every possibility for a normal release (the drought from Christmas to March is already quite big… At least this year we had Black Friday between Halloween and Christmas).

I really like idea number 3. I think that the cave version of the prize dragons should be a permanent addition, rare, but have a relatively heavy drop for one day with a limit on that day only. (So that people with slower connections have a chance.) Afterwards, they should be rare. They don't have to be completely drab, but the actual prizes should be spiffier. I just realized that I spent four lines with the example for #4. Somehow I didn't register that someone had already had my idea.

I wouldn't object to #4 either. In general, allowing multiclutch on rarer eggs would make the AP much more interesting than it is now, I think. Probably no more than two eggs, though, and not on every breeding.

I don't see #5 or #6 as helping a whole lot. But I wouldn't scream bloody murder if they were implemented, either.

Edited by mpolo

I don't mind any of the option but 3 is my favorite if I had to choose. A combination would be more better. 1+3+5.