_Z_

Notice Regarding Trading Harassment

Recently we have witnessed and heard of several instances where users were being harassed in regards to breeding and trades. A user has the right to deny any breeding or trading request; if they say no or decline your offer do not continue to pester them to accept. This behavior can be considered harassment and may lead to moderators' intervention. Please take the time to consider before requesting eggs; if the owner does not wish to breed/trade there could be consequences for continued asking.

If you feel you are being harassed by another user, it is also within your rights to contact a moderator to see to the situation. We encourage you to seek assistance if the problem should arise.

Some examples of what is viewed as harassment:

-Continually PMing a user and begging them to breed/trade after they have clearly stated no or have made it clear they are not accepting requests.

-Making attempts to forcefully demand a certain breeding or trade from a user.

I agree that users should be made aware of what options they have when it comes to harassment.

However, one question I would like to ask: If you send a user a trade message or breeding request (and are tracking the message) and they've read your PM but haven't responded for days; is it harassment to then send them a gentle poke for an answer?

Or is harassment in trading-sense demanding they accept your offer or request?

blink.gif Probably just a couple of persistent persons - I can't imagine that there is a big number of members who would do something like that.

At least its being recognized as a problem ^^; thank goodness most of the people who ask for trades from me are respectful and take no for an answer

It's a shame there has to be a reminder against this sort of behaviour. sad.gif I hope this hasn't happened too often and that people weren't too badly harrassed, I'm surprised that some people can't take no for an answer!

I agree that users should be made aware of what options they have when it comes to harassment.

However, one question I would like to ask: If you send a user a trade message or breeding request (and are tracking the message) and they've read your PM but haven't responded for days; is it harassment to then send them a gentle poke for an answer?

I would think that sending a follow-up if they haven't responded is fine. Sometimes people might look at a PM and decide to reply later but then forget.

As long as it's not begging/demanding or done repeatedly.

Edited by shikaru

Wow, I wouldn't expect this to be happening. The community here seems usually so nice. But thanks for the warning.

That's horrible! I hope whoever is harassing people for breeding requests/trades knocks it off.

Also, is this the first News Topic not posted by TJ O.o?

I have a feeling anyone that rude wouldn't care whether or not it wasn't allowed...and can't help but wonder if this is anyway related to the prize dragons :l Anyhoo, I hope this helps the situation, and feel sorry for those who were harassed and those who feel it is acceptable to harass people :l Thanks for the info though, I feel sorry for the future mods who will be new to dealing with this :l

It's strange how passionate people can become about a game xd.png

Wow.. I PM people and nicely ask if they would accept my request if they got no better offers. But that is the most persistent i have been! I really cannot believe that anyone would be so rude to continually beg... begging is just... *facepalm*

some people..

Thank you for posting this, i hope that those people see it.

Sharp eye, PieMaster!

Sorry to hear there is any problem with trading. Hope it is only a

small item in the over-all scheme of things on DragCave.

I am glad people refrain from begging me for 3rd gen offspring, but probably most know my reputation in not keeping my mouth shut if they annoy me.

I generally ignore people bothering me, but I know not every person can do that.

wow, had no idea this was a major problem so much so it needs to be said, pointed out and warned

thanks for the info and happy to report no one bothers me wink.gif

Normally, I wouldn't consider 1 follow up to a pmed request to be harassment, but I would probably consider a second unanswered pm to be the equivalent to a "no" and wouldn't send a third. I have had "requests" that were worded so demandingly that I didn't want to respond or deal with the sender and have deleted the pm and blocked the sender. I usually respond to politely worded requests, whether I am able to provide the requested egg or not.

It can also depend on what type of egg you are talking about. A request for a prize or prize fail egg is likely to be buried among so many other requests that they can get lost or the recipient could be so frazzled by the number of requests that they can't cope with them.

Some people just get so caught up they forget that its just a game. Hopefully the harassment will stop.

Glad to see this is an announcement. As it wasn't explicitly stated in the board rules (but it shouldn't need to be; it's kind of common sense to back off if someone says 'no'!) I'd initially been reminding people of the section of the ToS titled "Interactions with other users" and adding the board rules of "Respect others" to that reminder. Never had to report anyone, though... usually the threat of reporting and blacklisting is enough to scare them away.

I agree. And I hope that people realize that not only is harassment extremely rude and annoying, but it makes people less likely to trade with them.

Hopefully this will stop soon.

I'm glad this has been adressed. I've only had one such experience myself, aside from some slightly persistent people, but I know of others who had more of an issue and didn't know what to do about it. Even if the topic doesn't stop rudeness, at least it lets people know it's ok to contact a moderator if someone is going so far as to harass them.

Thanks for letting us know and pointing it out to others. <3

/short post is short

... You should probably read the posts below for more informative stuff.

I haven't ever experienced it and am lucky to have not.

Edited by cfmtfm

I had a real problem with someone harassing me over Holly offspring one year and it was incredibly unpleasant. Looking back, I should have just reported and blocked them because they were so rude about it and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. It's a shame to hear other people may be having similar problems, but hopefully this notice will make people think before they PM (and give owners something to point at if they're feeling got at).

I've been trading for years and only met one truly persistent and rude person through it. I can't imagine how much worse it is now with people trading so many CB metals, 2nd gen tinsels/shimmers, neglecteds, etc all of which are as coveted as the hollies were just a couple years ago. I'm glad this was made as an announcement and I really hope those unfortunate ones who ARE being harassed can finally find some peace after they turn down an offer and wish to end things there.