PhantomoftheWolves

How Do You Keep Track of Your Dragons?

How do you keep track of your dragons? Do you use a spreadsheet or do you use a binder and pencil? Share your methods here!

Well I use Excel for breeding pairs... I keep track of descriptions on Notepad, and I use pencil and paper for lineage projects. biggrin.gif

I "keep track" of where they are by color and breed right now, but I'm changing that soon.

My brain ... which is why I often make mistakes and misbreeds tongue.gif

Ditto, but I don't breed very much so I don't make too many mistakes. wink.gif

Spreadsheet.

I'll be moving it on to Google Docs soon as well so if my laptop crashes (which will probably be soon, considering its age) it's all safe :D

I don't feel that I have enough dragons to need tools and such. D: I just know them all by name, which is much more useful a tool by memory than unnamed dragons are, and instantly I remember their parents/mates I've used for them in the past. I find that DC also puts the last mate of the dragon at the top of the breeding list, which is pretty excellent. o.o It might just be me noticing that, though.

I've never inbred a dragon this way, though. n_n *inner triumph*

Uhmm well, as for what I still need for my scroll goals and .. trades and lineages - I have a spreadsheet.

For better orientation on my scroll i use frozen hatchlings. Mainly s1 Dinos. laugh.gif The rest happens in my brain, which is.. the most unreliable method of all. hehehe

The only thing I keep track of are my lineages, and I use google docs spreadsheet. I just use it to keep track of what dragons I still need babies from. I don't really use it to keep track of breeding pairs because most of my dragons breed with the same partner every time, unless I decide to switch it up and do a new lineage, so their partner shows up as first on the list. Makes it easy tongue.gif

I click on the dragon I want to know about and also use the action log if activity was recent.

I started off using a spreadsheet but gave up when I kept forgetting to fill it in.

i dont need 2 keep track i dont breed that many of them and usually if i get something rare from them either i need it or i can find some1 to trade it too =P

I use the spreadsheets on google docs. I have one folder dedicated to lineage plans. I also have a spreadsheet for all the dragons on my scroll as well as one that serves as a list of dragons I need to breed in order for all my dragons to have an appropriate partner.

The scroll itself is now divided(mostly) by generation then by breed as my faulty memory had me misbreeding too often.

I don't. I'm still not involved in some big lineage projects, and as far as small ones go, I've got a clear naming scheme.

I never thought of using spreadsheets. I always stress out about inbreeding on accident or something.

Well, mega-brainfart over. I am going to make a few docs!

Mostly, I keep certain dragons together on my scroll and rely on memory. I do have a little organized on google docs. Naming my dragons really helps.

I've only just started working on lineage projects, but the general layout of my scroll is Clean lineaged Rares/Unbreedables, then CBs (plus a couple favorites) in the order fro the DC Wiki, then Holidays, then 2nd Gens from Holidays, then a big mismash of things I can't breed (not necessarily messy), then currently Flood Control.

I use a list and a spreadsheet to keep track of the things I DON'T have.

Edited by rayden54

Uh... I don't biggrin.gif I'm usually terribly organised, but these dragons defy me anyway. But since I only breed very few of them, and tend to stick with the mates they choose initially, it doesn't result in misbreeding... too often.

I have two spreadsheets, actually xd.png And they're both miraculously up-to-date. The one on my laptop is all fancy and keeps track of a lot of stuff, and the one on Google Docs which I share with a bunch of people from my own forum is just a very basic one keeping track of how many I have of each breed smile.gif

I'm not involved in any lineage projects, and each one of my dragons is distinctively named so that's usually enough. Though I often make breeding mistakes and breed outside of a dragon's intended mate. *sigh* The one project I am doing--- describing--- however, I keep track of by organizing my scroll. All described dragons are alphabetized below my undescribed dragons so I can use custom sort to see how many I have left.

My scroll is custom sorted and I've also started a spreadsheet in google docs. It's a work in progress though.

I use to keep them in a microsoft word doc, but now have OpenOffice and didn't feel like reformatting the graphs. I had them in individual boxes with their picture, code, name, and parents if they were bred from my dragons, the box next to them gave lineage.

Another table was for breeding pairs, and how many eggs they had bred

I was never able to keep it updated

I now keep them in a notebook based on breed with a list of breeding pairs tucked in the notebook. So far I'm keeping that kept up a lot more than the computer document.

I don't lol. I have too many dragons and not enough free time.

I keep a spreadsheet that just sorts my dragons by Gen#s and gender. I know their names and have a general idea of each's lineage off the top of my head. As for lineage project organization, I work out details in individual, smaller spreadsheets.

I used to record breeding results and such, but that took so much time that I don't bother. I just make notes of important things like "These two refused each other, find a replacement for female."

I don't keep track of my dragons. In fact, most of them would chew off my head if anything. So I just let them do as they wish. tongue.gif

But truthfully I just keep a mental record on my most important dragons. And even then that's not very reliable for me. But I also have a tendency of losing track of spreadsheets and the like.