TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

Whoo! Thread!

The thing is, I don't really see why Cobalt jumped. Think about it - you're waiting above while someone else is rescuing your friend from a fissure, when suddenly it begins to close. Why would your reaction be to jump down? It won't help anyone and you might just get stuck inside or end up on the bottom while your friend gets saved and pulled to the top. I mean sure, I get wanting your characters to stay together/not wanting to rewrite posts/whatever, but that kinda really doesn't make sense. ._.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the Fissure was an attack, so the closing is from bottom to top. Would Cobalt even have time to clear it? And Talon said the fissure was very deep, so even though Lucarios are pretty agile, wouldn't falling from such a distance have hurt Cobalt? I'm very sorry for the nagging, but I agree with Pi

Elf, if you really want Cobalt down, how about we assume she jumped when Bree did to help? So, Bree used her Telekinesis on Reed, Renaissance and Cobalt, and the four fell on top of Requiem.

Also, has anyone seen pudding? She hasn't posted in a while D:

Edited by Puredark006

*coughs* I don't even know what I was thinking when I posted... censorkip.gif ing SSATs, messin' with my mind!

As of right now, my post on page 5 for everyone's locations still apply. No one's really doing much, they're mostly recovering from the whole giant fissure business(except Tiramisu, who is fleeing down a tunnel in the world center). Have you decided what to do with Cobalt yet?

Hey, FlamWyvern hasn't posted in a while too. I don't think Clyde even exited the first cave yet. :\

sad.gif My SSATs are tomorrow! NOOOOOOOOO~ Anyways. No I haven't figured out what to do with Cobalt. When Bree used Psychic and Renaissance smashed into Requiem and fell down, they were falling on to the edge of the cliff, as in out of the fissure, weren' t they? Or am I getting this all wrong? That's why I got confused, you see now?

Don't worry, we all can get confused at times ^^ Let's see...

The fissure opened in the ground of the tunnel we were in. It was very, very deep, according to Talon (so I'm imagining dozens of meters deep), and briefly connected the tunnel with another room which is being treated as a different dungeon (where the fissure opened on the ceiling).

Leo fell into the fissure, and Reed went after him. Requiem grabbed Tiramisu and flew down the fissure. Renaissance also started to climb down. Requiem reached and grabbed Leo and went down, clearing the fissure and arriving at the new room. Bree went down the fissure and grabbed Reed and Renaissance with Telekinesis, and they went down, clearing the fissure and falling on top of Requiem. Then, they all fell to the ground, and the fissure closed. Everyone else stayed in the tunnel.

Good luck with your SSATs!

^^Thanks! I just got back. Now I get it. Let's just assume Cobalt jumped down after them.

Well, actually, everything falls at the same speed if you disregard air friction. Bree "jumped" from halfway down the fissure(she got to Reed before the fissure began closing and had to improvise from there when it did) and barely cleared it in time, so if Cobalt jumped after Bree in an attempt to follow her, she would have to clear twice as much distance in exactly the same amount of time, which I doubt you can accomplish even with air friction shenanigans. So, if she did jump, she must have jumped before the fissure began to close - an action she had no reason to perform, since at that time, the plan was just to get both Reed and Rena up with Telekinesis.

But ehh...whatever you want, I guess. It just kind of bothers me, but Pokemon breaks the rules of physics all the time.

Apologies, I didn't see the new posts... ^^; Haven't been feeling so well lately...

Anyway, I just noticed the post I made about waiting for the other didn't make it through the lag - again, sorry. I figure we should wait up a few days for the others, and I have finals next week... So in any case I'd like to wait a day or so more. ^w^;

EDIT: I suppose we're going ahead anyway then? I'll PM pudding and FlamWyvern.

Edited by TalonCat

Aaaaah sorry, I've been really busy. I'm having exams soon, and the teachers are just piling on homework now. Just assume Bree doesn't do anything for now, you really don't have to wait for me.

I still posted another post, if anyone's wondering - most of the people who are missing have told me that they're busy at the moment, so. ^^; It *is* finals season, guys, so please be patient. After the next week we'll probably have pretty much everyone back.

(( Apologies for the double post, I'm sure it's been long enough~ ))

Yup, so I've waited for everyone else for long enough. I'm sure I've made everyone very impatient? ^^; To prevent this from happening again, I'm going to make a deadline for the next posts:

If you do not post in the next week, you are out of the roleplay.

*If you honestly had some outside circumstances preventing you from posting or seeing this, PM me. Otherwise, you're out.

Other business I thought over during the break:

- Anyone think I should allow Gummis just as food items?

- Hidden Power: After looking at the Bulbapedia page, I realized the way I said it would work is contrary to the games. It doesn't matter much, but how should it work? Should it be one type and power depending on the individual Pokemon, or should it differ with the area (vs. floors)?

- Should Landorus (and Legendaries in general) have a name - if so, what should it be? (I'll make a poll for name ideas if you want names.)

Now hopefully I can get this moving again - apologies for the wait, again, guys.

Yay, this is alive! :D

Well, the reason that Hidden Power works like that in MD is because of the lack of IVs and EVs. Since we're personalizing our pokemon to a certain degree already, and have essentially given them IVs by stating which stats they are good/bad at, my opinion is that we should have it work like it does in the main series. Besides, we do have Secret Power as a move that changes based on the area, so it seems a bit redundant.

For legendaries, I think that the major ones shouldn't have names. Names are generally a way to identify yourself, and if you're the only landorus in existence anyway, there's really no point in making everyone refer to you as something else. For cases where more than one individual of that species exists, like shaymin, that's another matter...unless we decide to turn it into a running gag or something. :\

"Shaymin, go send shaymin and shaymin to help the adventurers out, would you?" "Yessir!"

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

I think we need to give the people still in he first room something to work off of, like something attacking them, perhaps a ghost/fire type.

I guess the legendaries' names would depend if they're actual legendaries (Arceus, Giratina, Mewtwo, etc) or extremely rare and powerful Pokemon that were just given that status even though there are more than one individual (Articuno, Latias, Lugia, etc). Maybe we should make a list?

Also, what's going to happen to the charries of those who don't post? 'Cause I think the charries that are part of a Rescue Team wouldn't want to leave anyone behind...

I think we need to give the people still in he first room something to work off of, like something attacking them, perhaps a ghost/fire type.

True. *pokes* And I see what you did there~ Unless you'd like to go ahead and add said Fire/Ghost type in yourself (which you may feel free to do if you'd like), I was hoping to save him for a little bit later!

True. *pokes* And I see what you did there~ Unless you'd like to go ahead and add said Fire/Ghost type in yourself (which you may feel free to do if you'd like), I was hoping to save him for a little bit later!

Like I said before, it's up to you.

Just posting a friendly reminder that if you don't post in the next day or so (if you haven't done so already) you're out of the roleplay...

^^; I think we might be losing a lot of people...