WatersMoon110

Who Has a Holly?

Do you have a Holly Dragon or egg?  

1,193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hollies are certainly the rarest dragon on Dragon Cave, and I wanted to see how large the population is. Holly Dragons were almost unknown before the "new blood" came out last Christmas and the Christmas before for Honorable Mentions or Raffle Winners. It doesn't sound like new CB Hollies are oing to happen this year. Do you think the population will be able to increase as DC grows over the years until most users will be able to get one?

The Holly population, like all the Christmas Dragons, can as much as quadruple every Holiday Season. Since one can only keep 1 egg from a breeding, and since everyone can only ever have 2 total; this leads to a large percentage of the new Holly eggs going to the Abandoned Page. I wonder how hard they will be to catch this year?

If every existing Holly always bred 4 eggs, and each user took only 1 egg, 1000 Hollies before Christmas means a total of 5000 Holly owners after the holidays are over. Next year there would be 20,000 new Holly eggs, and the year after there would be 125,000 total Hollies.

Of course, we probably don't have that many Hollies, and most broods are smaller than 4, plus plenty of people will want the maximum of 2 eggs, so that means half as many owners. But it is nice to think of Hollies breeding large numbers when most everyone wants one so badly now.

I have two. I've bred one already this season, and she produced two offspring. The other is still yet to be bred (but her offspring is promised).

I saw some Hollies on the AP today, but so far I wasn't lucky.

It's k´getting kind of frustrating, Hollies are the only breed left that I don't have yet.

I saw tons of hollies i could not catch even one yet i really want one looks like im holly-less again this year :c

People are breeding them though but they go by so fast

I have one of the honorable mentions from last year.

I've already bred her, and right now I'm not sure if she produced 2 or 3 offspring.

I swear there were 3, but apparently one has ceased to exist.

I have two adults, I breed one today and gifted the egg. And I will breed the other one too.

I have one of the honorable mentions from last year.

I've already bred her, and right now I'm not sure if she produced 2 or 3 offspring.

I swear there were 3, but apparently one has ceased to exist.

If the recipient fogged the egg, you won't be able to see it. (However, if it were dead, you would see the broken egg, I think.)

I've been a member since 2008 and still don't have one. xd.png

Been stalking the cave for the past 11 hrs or so and clicked on 70 plus hollies but didn't manage to get one. I had no idea I was that bad at catching. xd.pngD

Hopefully because there will be even more born next year I can snag one then but I'm kinda sad they're becoming less rare.

I have two adult Hollies. Both have been bred and eggs gifted (with one egg that went to the AP to some lucky person due to a multiclutch).

I picked up one after refreshing my eyes out. xd.png

It does not have an amazing lineage but it's not bad either, and most important it's not inbred. I'm happy! I'd like to say a big thank you to whoever bred it. wub.gif

And good luck to everyone who's still trying to catch one, don't give up!

How have hollies been breeding so far?

I think last year people were mostly getting 1, maybe 2 eggs per breeding. Is it the same this year so far?

I'm still looking, and have been trying to catch a Holly egg since the event started in the early hours of the morning! xd.png I can't even count how many eggs I've missed! It's probably close to 50+ now! It just figures that the one Christmas dragon that I need to complete my collection and have been waiting several years for, is the one that is impossible for me to catch! sad.gif

Seen several, which is quite a nice change. But no luck nabbing any that I've seen.

But really, it IS nice to at least see them now. Before we'd be lucky to see one at all. Especially since most got sold/gifted via the abandoned code trick.

I've seen Holly eggs in the AP but don't have one yet. They seem to be slightly more common this year, so fingers crossed I get one.

ive seen a few in the ap... missed all of them :/ its sad D: i hope ones who got them are happy though ^^

I have a 4th even gen adult that I was gifted by a wonderful person last year, & snagged a 3rd gen early this morning by sitting in one spot in the AP & going on a click-frenzy whenever one popped under the cursor. I bred my adult a little while ago, & he threw 4 eggs.

I think hollies are easier to catch this year. The last two years I hunted forever and barely saw any. I only managed to get my long lineaged ugly Dorkface by trading a nice shiny for it. This year I managed to snag two in the first hour and a half. One is a rather messy sixth gen that I'll freeze, the other is a lovely 4th gen stair influenced to keep pattern.

I managed to catch the very first Holly I saw last night, followed by a second accidentally(I never got the get code page, but sure enough when I looked, there it was). I gifted that second one to somebody who didn't have one.

When I woke up this morning, I caught a third one biggrin.gif. Birthday luck must have kicked in, because I never thought I would get one.