HeatherMarie

Anyone hunt mostly in the AP?

(I searched, but saw nothing like this)

It seems to me that the majority of DC users (or at least the ones on this forum) fall into certain categories: breeders, CB-grabbers, or a combination of both. Mixed in with that are those people who sometimes take AP eggs if they find something they really like.

But is there anyone out there who prefers the AP to the biomes? Someone who would rather hunt the AP, someone who loves constantly refreshing the AP to find interesting things?

Because that's me, and I feel alone in my AP-love. I don't pick up "blockers" because I'm trying to "help" unclog the AP... I pick them up because I like them, and I want them on my scroll. I have a good-sized army of frozen earth dragons, and almost every single one came from the AP. I like refreshing every few seconds, seeing if that egg I was eyeing is still there, then deciding to grab it... The first Dorkface I got was from the AP, and so was my only Thuwed. There are some awesome things on the AP.

A lot of times I'll go into the biomes and see the same one or two breeds sitting there. Refresh, still there. I like that the AP is more varied, that even accounting for "blockers" there is normally at least 5 or 6 different types of dragons in there.

Edited by Marie19R

You're not alone....

I CB hunt and AP hunt. I've sat in the AP for hours when I'm home sick and just refreshed, refreshed, refreshed, and refreshed some more.

And, when the hour nears, I go to the drops.

~

I used to do a lot more AP hunting back in the day. I used to love finding really fun lineages. Now i'm a little more picky and prefer Even-Gen, which aren't very likely on the AP unless someone does a mass breed dump. Also, i'm still trying for that CB Gold. One of these days, i'll get it. It's the last CB dragon I need.

Yes, I mainly hunt the AP.

Not for cave blockers, but for nice lineages.

tinselfails

new blood 2nd or 3rd gen for my lineages

pretty checkers, new combinations I wouldn't have thought of

2nd gens from holidays and metals and discontinueds

all kinds of neat things

the AP has some amazing finds!

I AP hunt way more than I cave hunt. laugh.gif

When I want a specific breed I will most likely cave hunt. But most of the time I'm looking for lineages and eggs to match dragons I already have. So I spend more time on the AP for sure.

You are not alone! I constantly pick up common dragons - not to help unclogging, well yes, that too - but because I really, truly want them on my scroll. c:

Edited by guuvii

I hunt both pretty equally. When looking for pretties in the biomes gets boring, I usually hop over to the AP... although the only things I grab while I'm there are uncommons/low time commons/hatchies, haha. <X'D

Honestly though I spend more time trading than hunting in either.

I find that I hunt both pretty equally now. I used to hunt the AP all the time back when there was only one cave.

The AP usually is the first place I go to even now, though if I know I'm looking for something super specific, I'll search a biome every once and again.

You're not alone in picking up commons either. I tend to pick those up off the AP, not only to find matches for some of my dragons, but just because I want them. I'm trying to horde Guardians again and I'm not at all picky about what shows up on my scroll (which is why many people don't like me breeding them eggs as I have inbreds all over... and some of them have set mates)

the only time i ever hunt the cave is when there's a release. other than that, im an AP hunter/breeder.

Edited by lizardtail

you're not alone. I honestly don't care about lineages(although i wouldn't mind a nice one^^), and I haven't memorized every single description, so the AP page is nice laugh.gif. Is anyone with me on this?

I mostly do both equally.

I hunt in the AP whenever I'm wanting 1) A pretty lineage. 2) Any low time eggs. 3) Hatchies. 4) Any CBs eggs it may have. Though, sometimes I might grab a messy or inbred lineage because I need a freezer for that breed.

For any CBs not in the AP or new releases, I go to the biomes and hope that the ones I need are there and the biomes are actually moving.

AP for me, especially at the start of a new release ... I think some of my best finds were dumped to make room!

I look for interesting lineages that I can continue, and like Tawanda001, I find combinations I would never have thought of.

I go to the cave occasionally to try my luck and, of course, when there are new releases.

Both.

Since I build most of my lineages from scratch, I hunt in the cave for those eggs. Occasionally I'll hop into the AP in the hopes of catching a pretty lineaged egg or just nice ones in general. Threads like "Great Lineages Found in the AP" make me optimistic but since I rarely have such luck (if ever), I only really hunt there if bored/have no time to hunt in the cave.

AP for me, especially at the start of a new release ... I think some of my best finds were dumped to make room!

oh yes, i forgot! the dumps people make during releases can be beautiful! i tend to get my best dragons when i have extra time after i've gotten my limit of two christmas/valentine dragons. ninja.gif

I use to hunt in AP(still do), is search in the caves now cause there eggs there that you can't get in the AP...

Except at the turn of the hour i spend 3/4 my time in the AP

I used to spend the vast majority of my time in the AP before I realized that I'm not fond of lineages and that the ones I had managed to snag would never be worth anything to anyone else.

Was fun once, but I prefer the biomes now. With CB eggs I have more freedom with naming.

I love lineaged dragons, so I'd hunt in the AP more often... if I had better reflexes!

During cave drops I just have to keep my cursor in one spot and wait for the right text to show up, whereas in the AP I tend to flail (have literally chucked my mouse across the room) when something I want pops onto the page, because they always pop up where I'm not ready to click.

I spend quite a bit of time in the AP. You can find some really amazing lineages there as well as CB eggs.

Dorkface eggs are really easy to find in the AP; clean, neat lineaged ones are more uncommon. Same with Thuweds, Dusks, D'Hennegels, etc...

Yep, I hunt mostly in the AP. I've got a lot of good eggs from it, including a 2nd gen Red Dorsal and a few even-gen Tinsels, and plenty of cool lineages.

I find it so much more interesting than the cave - there are more eggs, and it moves much faster.

I've got a periods of time when I hunt just in the AP, and then periods when I forget it even exists.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Some of my most beloved dragons come from the AP, although I pick up and chuck more than I should when AP hunting as i look for nice lineages lol I love the AP wub.gif

Edited by J'Adore Julez

I use most of my time in the AP when I'm not egglocked (yay! just got gold trophy!).

Like other said you can catch some pretty nice beauties during the holidays. I got my magma-trio from the Ap during halloween smile.gif

I do check the biomies ever so often and I sit there at the turn of the hour (if I remeber it) to try and snatch up a rare or uncommon I really want. During the Black Friday release I just sat there for rares and not the Tri-Horns xd.png Wasn't lucky enough to get anything, but I saw mutiple thunder dragons and a gold.

I don't really have the patience I think for hunting in the biomies. Just sitting there and refreshing and refreshing, hoping someone will grab one of the 3 albino-dragons blocking the biomie is a little too repetative to look at for me. The AP is way more varied and you can snatch up some pretty cool lineages as well as CBs ^^

Edited by Phenri