Pixxelation

ANSWERED:New Release Flood

Do you think this would help? (Please read OP before voting)  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know I'm not alone when I say that this release is a nightmare. The problem is that only one thing is released and in one biome. Everyone is hunting in the same spot. It's like the old cave came back with a vengeance now, and there are almost 1,000,000 people playing. We need a new release flood--the new egg(s) to be split across biomes for the first 24 hours. While the same amount would be dropped, the amount of people hunting would be dispersed among the biomes. This would prevent one-breed-releases such as this form causing traffic. Maybe not all the biomes. All would cause them to even out too fast. Maybe 2 or 3 per breed. But we need some separation of people, or every release will be a nightmare.

If anyone thinks it is illogical, the new breeds are most likely migrating to the DC world/continent. To quote Derranged,

It'd be like the dragons are trying to find a suitable habitat to live in before settling down in the one that suits them the best.
Edited by PieMaster

Do I agree? Sure.

I have my doubts anyone else will.

"They should be hard to get." "Too bad." etc. etc.

They're extremely hard to get now. Having one egg released in one biome defeats the purpose of having the biomes; splitting up hunting. Thanks for the support, btw ^^

Added poll.

I agree with this suggestion. Having them spread out in more than one biome for the first 12-24 hours would be great.

It'd be like the dragons are trying to find a suitable habitat to live in before settling down in the one that suits them the best.

12 hours would be unfair because of time zones. *Runs to add quote for logic in suggestion*

For this idea, I say no. This would give the impression that the dragon is rare and it's not necessary for them to appear in biomes they won't be in later. A few days of a solid new release would make more sense to me.

EDIT: I did vote yes in that I think it will help, but I don't like the suggestion.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

I love this suggestion biggrin.gif There's around 150 people in the desert atm...I stand much more chance against 30 people, and so does everyone else smile.gif

If TJ posted the biome(s) they will drop in once the flood ends, that would save that from happening.

Look on the bright side, with everyone else focused on that biome, it's easyer to grab rare eggs from the others.

If TJ posted the biome(s) they will drop in once the flood ends, that would save that from happening.

then you will have people complaining about them being hard to catch again and questions of why they're only in such and such biome when they were in all of them.

People are alreaady complaining about them being hard to catch.

Look on the bright side, with everyone else focused on that biome, it's easyer to grab rare eggs from the others.

Agree with this xP

I can see that it could help, but TJ said that they will be here for a while, so why just not wait? The mayhem will surely calm down eventually. It always does =P

EDIT: But yes, I do agree that right now these eggs are ridiculously hard to catch.

Edited by Ninetails

My problem with that is that the eggs are released in those biomes they will end up dropping in the day-by-day drops.

You know what I mean?

if we could make it that they would drop everywhere ... *scritches head* I don´t have a solution for that right now, need to think about it ...

It's a pretty good idea. If this happens, however, I do think that there should be a few more commons dropping along with the new releases. This would make it a -lot- easier when there are already some ways to get the eggs. Yeah it's hard at first, but it's only the first day of release. It's always hard. Sure they'll stop dropping steadily tomorrow, but people will be willing to trade and gift....

People are alreaady complaining about them being hard to catch.

That has nothing to do with people being confused as to why eggs would drop out of biomes for no reason and everything to do with an inability to do something.

That's actually not always true. Certain breeds, intended to be common, are so overly hoarded that they become rares. Look at the Blacks. The new releases are sometimes the best time to grab eggs, but when everyone is focused on one biome, it makes it incredibly hard to catch them.

EDIT: Wookie, a note on the cave saying, "The new breed will be dropping in many biomes for 24 hours, ending at 00:00 EST on x/x/x. At that time, they will begin dropping in their intended biome."

Edited by PieMaster

I voted "maybe", but I'm really not too keen on this idea.

1) dragons live in certain biomes for a reason. it would make absolutely no sense for a water dragon to be dropping in the desert.

2) There would be just as much "complaining" as there is now. Right now, people complain about the eggs being hard to catch. with this suggestion, people will complain about 'why aren't the eggs dropping in all the biomes?? they did at first! that's not fair!'

3) You think 300 people in a biome is too many? Seriously? What about those of us who played before there were biomes? I've been up against 1,000+ people in the main cave before, all trying to grab a new release. Yes, it's frustrating. It takes time. It takes patience. But that's kinda the whole point. Otherwise, why not just get the eggs dumped on our scrolls automatically? We are *supposed* to work for them.

I was here before the biomes too. *Points to join date*

It does make sense. If the dragons are migrating to a enw region, it may take them some time to find a suitable habitat.

If there was a note on the cave, it would solve that problem.

Yeah, I've seen the 1000 releases too.

But really splitting 200, or 1000, it splits them up and makes things less ridiculous anyway.

Speaking of, has active membership declined? There are only ~700 people online, wih only 200-300 hunting the new release. That seems really low compared to the old 1000 users viewing page.

Edited by lindsy95

I don't like the suggestion of them dropping in all biomes; that is not what the artist(s) intended.

I do like the idea of an extended flood drop in the biome(s) they are intended to be in, however. I think that would help a lot.

Edited by Infinis

Not only does this create visibility problems (in that no matter how you try to handle it, people will be confused when breeds suddenly shift between biomes), but they're a permanent breed. There is no benefit to catching one now vs in a week other than catching one now vs in a week. They're not limited edition, so I see no need for this.