demonicvampiregirl

Accepting/Not Accepting Aid at the top of Scrolls

Original Post:

As the titles say can we have that also put at the top of our scrolls? People may not see it when they view the eggs and it may cut down on people trying to help your eggs when you don't need it. It wont cut down on people doing it on purpose but may help in the long run.

Something like:

"[username] is not accepting aid/is accepting aid. It is against the rules to give aid without the users permission"

I've had this idea for a bit now each time it seems like mine are being added to sites.

This could also be optional for the people who don't want it cluttering their scrolls up!

Revamped post:

Okay since this thread was merged with a new one created by fuzzbucket this thread got more activity. The idea behind this is to make sure people see the message that you are or are not accepting aid for your dragons.

Some people don't see them and see low view eggs and try to help out but instead harm them. This obviously will not prevent malicious view bombing but may help prevent accidental deaths due to people ignoring the message.

This message will be entirely optional with the default being off so you can add it or not. There will not be a option to remove it from other users. It defeats the entire purpose of this.

The message is not for the purpose of keeping others off your scroll or from gifting it is just to make sure that they do see that you are or are not wanting any help with your eggs or hatchlings.

Here is some suggestions provided by briartrainer:

Thinking about what other people have said I'd like to offer these lines of text.

"You pick up a scroll labeled _X_ and see sketches and information about dragons. The Dragon Keeper Leaders would like to remind you that it is forbidden to help raise others dragons without permission." Default, mostly will be used by newbes or people who don't want to change it

"You pick up a scroll labeled _X_ and see sketches and information about dragons. There is a note on the scroll that says 'Please warm my eggs and feed the hatchlings.' This is the accepting aid message.

"You pick up a scroll labeled _X_ and see sketches and information about dragons. There is a note on the scroll that says 'Please do not feed the dragons, they are on a strict diet to keep them healthy.' -This is the not accepting aid message

Fuzzbuckets edit on one of briartrainers messages:

"You pick up a scroll labeled _X_ and see sketches and information about dragons. There is a note on the scroll that says 'You may warm my eggs and feed the hatchlings.'

Pokemonfan13s Edit on Fuzzbuckets:

"You may warm my eggs and feed the hatchlings if they look cold and hungry."

If you have more suggestions please post them. I can edit them into the post section and we can pick through them and see which ones would work best. Sadako made a point that the messages could also be revamped a little so it's more clear on the word aid as some people don't understand that means other websites/forums/ect. so that could be added in to a message.

Please keep in mind we are trying to keep this short, warm and friendly as to not give off the message as to "Stay the [beep] off my scroll!!!11!" so keep that in mind when making a suggestion! smile.gif

There was also a suggestion of making this optional on specific eggs/hatchlings as well. (credit goes to rayden54)

What do you people think? If so we'd need some message like "You may warm these eggs and hatchlings (xxxxx, xXxxX) but not (xXXXx, XxXXx). Please do not add the ones not accepting help/aid"

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I would love this. I've had many people attempting to kill my dragons, and i've had to put "Do not add my dragons to click sites" on the top of my scroll. So, I like this idea~

Sounds like a good idea to me too.

Sounds like a good idea, support. <: I agree with Xythus. I often wondered why the message was placed in italics, even at the very bottom where people are less likely to see it (unless they're the kind to read the default dragon breed info). Maybe bold/underline it? Or move it up slightly?

I have actually wondered why that message wasn't at the top of the scroll, and more visible on the dragon's page. I think this would be really useful.

"I baked you a pie." "Oh boy, what flavor?!" SUPPORT FLAVOR.

"I baked you a pie." "Oh boy, what flavor?!" SUPPORT FLAVOR.

user posted image

I wouldn't mind this. I would never use it, but I think it's good. It still won't prevent anyone from putting your eggs on hatcheries with malicious intent, but maybe it'll warn some people who DIDN'T have malicious intent.

I wouldn't mind this. I would never use it, but I think it's good. It still won't prevent anyone from putting your eggs on hatcheries with malicious intent, but maybe it'll warn some people who DIDN'T have malicious intent.

That is mostly what I was aiming for with this thought. Some people do it innocently without knowing it's against the rules to do so. The ones with malicious intent will do that anyway.

I like this idea.

I also agree with making it more visible on the egg/hatchling pages.

Nothing will stop jerks who want to do it anyway or people who are so concerned that they don't care about respecting your wishes/how you raise them, but those who just happen to miss it might be helped out with the additional text/easier to spot text.

So I like this!

I like this idea.

I also agree with making it more visible on the egg/hatchling pages.

Nothing will stop jerks who want to do it anyway or people who are so concerned that they don't care about respecting your wishes/how you raise them, but those who just happen to miss it might be helped out with the additional text/easier to spot text.

So I like this!

Yeah. I don't even scroll down the whole page myself but I don't like to add anyone elses to other sites. I'd be afraid they'd be away to long and I'd harm them rather than help. I did help someones Christmas egg once but I seen they had accepting aid on and I figured they didn't want it to die so.

Self explanatory really. While posting about a "view bombing" which may not have been, it occurred to me that well meaning people who don't look at individual eggs/hatchies and just post whole scroll son fan sites may actually not realise the scroll owner does not want this to happen.

If "accepting/not accepting aid" was indicated on the actual scroll page as well as on the individual items, this MIGHT help.

SUPPORT. Support support support.

I support this harder then I've supported ANYTHING in this section. Seriously, support!!

The aid message only does any good if people *see* it. And people who just look at a scroll, see, eggs, and decide to "help" those egg, aren't going to see the aid message at all. Which makes the message completely worthless in those situations.

(I also support the other suggestion around here somewhere of making the "aid" message clearer, so people know exactly what it *means*)

This is quite a good idea, but where would you put it so that it isn't too intrusive on the look of the scroll, yet still obvious?

Maybe it would be better to just have a sort of scroll 'descriotion' box, as was suggested in another thread, so that you could write it there?