TJ09

2012-07-09 - Update Preview

Update Preview

Today I am pleased to announce ten upcoming changes to DC. Changes that I think everyone will enjoy.

Action Log

user posted image

Now you can keep track of almost all of the activity on your scroll. Forgot what you influenced your egg? Wondering whether or not your egg was incubated? Just check the actions log to find out.

Trade UI Updates

user posted image

When viewing a transfer or trade, you'll be able to easily view the egg's or hatchling's lineage and access its info.

Quick-sorting and filtering

user posted image

Having hundreds of dragons and trying to find a purple available for fertility can be frustrating. Not anymore; just select the "Available for BSA" filter and only your BSA dragons that are off-cooldown will be shown.

Social media buttons (optional)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

For those of you that use Google Plus, Facebook, or Twitter, now you can share your dragons (or your entire scroll) with your friends in order to get views. Don't use social networks? No need to complain, the buttons can be hidden.

Breeding List Updates

user posted image

Rather than hiding rejected pairs from breeding lists (A feature introduced a little over a year ago), rejected pairs will drop to the bottom of the breeding list, preventing the mass confusion that occurs when you can't find the dragon you're looking for. In addition, pairs that breed but don't produce eggs will be counted as "successful" for sorting purposes, causing them to move higher on the breeding list.

Transfer confirmations.

user posted image

No longer will a claimed transfer appear as "There does not appear to be any trade with the provided claim ID." Instead, if the transfer previously existed, the site will tell you. If you visit the page of a transfer you've claimed, the site will display a more personalized message to let you know (and to prevent confusion if someone accidentally refreshes when claiming).

Mobile Redesign

user posted imageuser posted image

Users of Android, IOS, or Windows Phone 7 devices should enjoy a smoother experience with a redesigned interface that aims to provide a near-native experience. In the future, look for a Google Play "app" that will Android users with access to this same mobile site without going through your browser.

Summon Scaling

user posted image

Rather than relying purely on random chance, the likelihood of summoning a Legendary egg now increases with the number of complete sets of the Legendary Trio dragons that you have. If your style of play doesn't allow you to have multiple sets, don't worry; the base chance has been slightly increased as well.

Geode Tweaks

Geode Dragons can now be bred with other dragons to produce Geode eggs. This greatly opens up the possibilities for obtaining Geode eggs, as well as the options for cool lineages.

New Skins

user posted image

Four new skins will become available soon as well. The first is a variant of the Portal 2 skin called Portal 2 Light. This skin is my personal favorite, and the one I've been using for several months now.

user posted image

The second, Blackout, was first seen during the anti-SOPA Internet Blackout Day. The skin has been refined and is now ready for mass consumption (Unfortunately, it requires a relatively powerful computer for smooth performance).

user posted image

The third skin is a re-imagining of the "scroll" metaphor used in the current layout, but set in more modern times.

And the final skin is, well, a mystery. I can't be revealing everything in advance.

Timeframe

These updates will arrive within the next two weeks. That's right. Not "this holiday season." Not months down the road. Two weeks. Brace yourselves. (More information will be posted as the release gets closer).

Awesome. Is there going to be any interruption in regular site service while these updates are being installed?

Wow, wasn't expecting this.

The summoning thing won't really be much use to me, because... well... yeah.... xd.png

Anyway, thanks.

Holy crap that is a lot of stuff!

Yay more skins!!! biggrin.gif I love these updates! Thanks TJ!!! Really appreciate the BSA one!

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I must say, these updates look simply amazing. I'm especially excited about the BSA filters. No more hunting for my avaliable reds!

AWESOME stuff, especially summon.

(but please take away scroll pages sdfjsdkfjdkf /brick'd)

Thanks for improving the site. The new features are very useful, especially the Action Log smile.gif And I bet many people will thank you for increasing the chance of summoning wink.gif

Aw yeah, love these new updates! Thanks~ Especially the Summon tweaks, and new skins.

Edited by master125

I definitely like the sound of several of these updates smile.gif

Seriously? AWESOME!!!

Not gonna lie, the sorting filtery thing looks pretty awesome.

Great.... I'll be releasing my new geode then. I was enjoying using them as a dragon that can't produce its own type when breeding my rares...

The rest is great, but the geodes is one new feature I will not be cheering.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

83 yay. Thanks for the update ^^