TJ09

2012-06-25 - Pagination Updates

Due to issues caused by viewing scrolls while using huge (or unlimited) page sizes, pagination is now required for all scroll viewing. You can configure your preferred page size from your account settings, with a lower limit of 50 dragons per page and an upper limit of 500 dragons per page.

I'd just noticed that and was getting ready to post a question about if it was intentional. Thanks for the update.

Thank you, but darn that sucks. sad.gif

I wasn't one of the people having any problems, so this just sort of feels like a punishment (in a way, wrong word choice I'm sure) for no reason. I severely dislike the pagination and being forced to use it when I would rather view all dragons both on my own scroll and on others' scrolls.

When it was introduced, it was optional and would not be forced on those who didn't want to use it. Now, however, that has been changed without notice or much of an explanation. My scroll is much harder to navigate now because of my sorting, and I am not about to spent hours resorting over 1000 dragons just to make it usable again.

Also, despite having 500+ less dragons to load on one scroll page, my scroll takes longer than ever before to load. That's just *fantastic*. /sarcasm

I liked how it was before. Please don't force pagination on the users who don't want it.

Thank you.

Edited by mooniechan

Just wondering, I'm getting non-functional next/previous buttons on other users scrolls, even those with less dragons than my dragons per page limit, is that supposed to happen?

Just wondering, I'm getting non-functional next/previous buttons on other users scrolls, even those with less dragons than my dragons per page limit, is that supposed to happen?

Next/previous buttons work for me on other users (and mine scroll) scrolls fine.

Pagination. You taught me a new word. Awesome. =D

And neat. Too bad there were issues, though. Good thing I was already using pages, lol.

Thanks for the update smile.gif

I had no idea I could have all my dragons in one page, though blink.giftongue.gif

just noticed, thanks for letting us know

although I don't like it sad.gif

good to know there is a reason

I was wondering why that happened earlier while I was going through my scroll... Thanks for letting us know. But pagination bothers me... sad.gif

I just noticed this. It's a shame we can't view them all on one page as I loved that view but if there were issues with it, I can understanding you changing it even though I don't really like it.

I've always had pages enabled, hated trying to load over 50 dragons at once

I liked having all my dragons on one page. Also I thought that everyone could see the pages as how they put like if I wanted to see all dragons on one page that's how I would see everyones and if someone else only wanted to see 50 dragons per page that's how they saw everyones. I don't understand this change

Edited by QAndais

Guess this means I have to stop being such a stick in the mud... Oh bother. Hopefully it will help with whatever the issue is though.

I really really really really really really really really really dislike this update.

It makes me want to kill and/or release dragons so I don't have 2 pages.

However, I would not mind so much if this is a change needed for an upcoming implimentation of scroll sortings due to available BSAs, Breedings, etc.

sad.gif It will take some time to get used to 8 pages of scroll but oh well....

Oh no. =( This really gonna complicate my game play. =( I remember my dragons names and when I wanted to quickly influence or incubate an egg, I just used search function of my browser, typed the first letters in and my desired dragon appeared. Very effective and time saving.

Thank's for letting us know. Don't like it at all but hey--if it was causing problems, not much else to be done.