Lord_Kishin

Gay Straight Alliance

So I searched and couldn't find any topics on this which this is a bit broader subject than the threads out there.

This topic is a safe place for the LGBTQ community on here and their allies to converse on whatever (age appropriate) subject related to LGBTQ issues whether it's coming out stories, support, needing to ask a question relevant to the thread etc. The reason for this is because I see a lot of discussion on the moral right or wrong of things. This will be a place of support! Any hateful messages will not be tolerated in this topic because I feel that the LGBTQ people and their allies on this site NEED atleast 1 safe place where we can communicate with each other without feeling like we are being attacked by "discussion" from people who do not support us.

Please excuse the limitations presented with acronyms like LGBTQ and the topic name 'Gay Straight Alliance' this thread is open to people of all sexualities!

RULES:

• 1) All discussions in this topic will be SUPPORTIVE (meaning no hate speech)
  • 2) Any "flaming" or hateful messages will not be tolerated BE NICE!
  • 3) This is a safe place for LGBTQ people and their allies, if you do not like this you can go somewhere else it's only 1 click away.
  • 4) HAVE FUN
  • 5) Regular DC forum rules apply

If there are any posts that are inappropriate/hateful please contact a thread mod with your concern and we will take the neccesary actions.

Thread Mods:

• Lord_Kishin PM
  • prairiecrow PM

PLEASE DO NOT FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO OPENLY IDENTIFY AS ANY SEXUALITY AS LONG AS YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE RULES NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW IF YOU ARE GAY, BI, LESBIAN, TRANS, OR ANY OTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO POST IT!

If you would like to know definitions of certain types of sexual orientation, please refer to this post in the Sexual Orientation thread. I hope this is helpful. smile.gif

Edited by Lord_Kishin

I guess I will start by introducing myself. I am Lord_Kishin. I am 26 years old and married to the man of my dreams. We live in Canada and one day we hope to have kids of our own. *sigh* I feel like a little silly for saying this but I really hope sooner rather than later we have kids of our own, I keep seeing children on tv and getting this awwwwwwwwww I can't wait to be an awesome parent feeling smile.gif <3

Edited by Lord_Kishin

2) Any "flaming" or hateful messages will be removed so BE NICE!

Unless a user actually deletes their comment after you ask them to (I'm assuming that's what you had in mind?), a mod is the only one who can do this. So it would have been nice to send a PM to a GD and global mod or two asking about this first and clearing it with us. ^^

However, I support a safe thread away from the debate thread, so if you do send off a report or PM, I shall answer. <- Note for everyone in this thread :3

~

Aw, well, I hope you guys are able to have kids when you're both ready. :3

~

I'm Sock, and I'm panace.

I was considering making one for DC, after seeing the one on Chicken Smoothie xd.png

Hello, I'm the Doctor and I'm proudly demisexual, and I guess panromantic- I usually find people attractive only if I've formed some kind of emotional attachment to them.

Best of luck to the both of you, Kishin! Personally, I can't imagine having kids myself, at least in the next five or so years. Maybe if I find a partner who's gung-ho on kids, I'll be okay (once we're stable, and there would be no more than two), but I won't be upset if it never happens xd.png

Hello Dr. nice of you to come by smile.gif

Ya the whole kids thing is definitely a persons own choice. For the longest time I didn't want kids myself I had this thought that I didn't want to bring a child into this crazy world if that's the way we went soooo many options lol but now I don't know what changed my mind other than I want to prove to people who think 2 gay guys can't be amazing parents that we can smile.gif

This is a good idea! smile.gif

I'm 19, cis female, pansexual/panromantic, and polyamorous. I'm in a relationship (a triad specifically) with a girl and a boy. I'm currently in college but I get to visit my girlfriend a lot despite that biggrin.gif

Hey, I'm Satyr. c: I'm gay, but I'm not out of the closet yet. Although my face's ability to turn bright red at inconvenient times gave me away to a few friends. xd.png

I'd love to have kids someday, but I'm only fourteen, so that might change over time. xd.png For now, I'll just focus on getting a boyfriend. tongue.gifWhich is pretty much impossible, since no one is out at my school.

I am not LGBT, but I very much support this thread. Great idea.

Hello, folks!

I'm CD! Not completely sure where I fall on the Kingsley scale- somewhere near the middle, I think- but regardless, I fully support gay marriage and equality. Nice thread idea.

I'm biologically female but a bit genderqueer, bisexual, in a committed monogamous relationship with a fellow bisexual. Bisexuals tend to get flak from both gay and straight people, so I look forward to this being a space where everyone can feel safe. smile.gif

Sounds like an awesome thread and one I'll be checking in to often. :3

I'm Tyto (for all extensive purposes lol), I'm almost 17, and I identify as pansexual. Physically, I'm female, but I don't really like being called a 'woman' or a 'lady'. I've always been kinda masculine, and I'd prefer fitting into a group as a guy than as a girl. Not exactly sure what that means, but eh, I just go with it. XD

*lame intro post here* XD

Excuse the limitations my topic name implies, I only intend to have a safe place where people of any sexuality can come and converse with each other without the feelings that may arise in some of the debate threads. Kinda like the idea behind the Gay Straight Alliances in High Schools smile.gif

Edited by Lord_Kishin

Anyone else read about the gay marine who openly kissed his boyfriend upon his homecoming? I thought it was amazing! Yay for getting rid of the US armed forces 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' policy and it's silly repercussions it had if a member of the armed forces was found out. smile.gif

Anyone else read about the gay marine who openly kissed his boyfriend upon his homecoming? I thought it was amazing! Yay for getting rid of the US armed forces 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' policy and it's silly repercussions it had if a member of the armed forces was found out. smile.gif

Yeah, I heard about and was kind of amused by all the media attention it got. I guess a gay couple has more media shock value than the lesbian couple who were (probably) the first gay couple to get to participate in the Navy's homecoming kiss back in December.

I heard about that in the form of this image that went around my facebook wall: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/4...578285862_n.jpg <3

Yeah, I heard about and was kind of amused by all the media attention it got. I guess a gay couple has more media shock value than the lesbian couple who were (probably) the first gay couple to get to participate in the Navy's homecoming kiss back in December.

I remember seeing that back when it was addressed. Very sweet. <3

Hello, thread.

I'm lesbian.

[insert proper greeting here.]

FtM and attracted to men, so I guess homosexual transexual here o3o?

19, college student, unattached, slowly making babysteps toward transition. It's hard when you live in such a conservative place.

Straight female and full supporter of gay rights. :3 Yo.

FtM and attracted to men, so I guess homosexual transexual here o3o?

19, college student, unattached, slowly making babysteps toward transition. It's hard when you live in such a conservative place.

I so understand about living in a conservative place, the town where my mother lives is 99% Christian and I would get called all sorts of nasty words when I lived there even though I never once showed my sexuality to anyone. Stay strong and stay true to your beautiful self!

Edited by Lord_Kishin

Hello GSA thread! I'm a Canadian, female-identified lesbian in a very long term relationship with a bisexual woman. And it's awesome (even when I'm getting glared at for not putting the laundry in the right place >.> )

Ya I read about that too and I guess you're right that the media made more of a gay male couple kissing than the lesbian couple, society is weird... most people I talk to about gay couples m&m vs f&f the majority of those people have way less of a problem with lesbian couples than with gay male couples.

most people I talk to about gay couples m&m vs f&f the majority of those people have way less of a problem with lesbian couples than with gay male couples.

I see that a lot, too... Though I'm surrounded by males (the majority of which are some Christian denomination) that say that male homosexuality is just 'gross' where as female homosexuality is attractive (to put it mildly).

It kinda annoys me.