kiffren

Rosebud x Tombstone Tinsel Checker

Rosebud x Tombstone Tinsel Lineage Project

user posted image

I've been thinking about doing this project for a while, and I finally have gotten it started. I have one 3rd gen already, and I plan to have another 3rd gen in a few weeks. For the time being, 6th gen or so is the goal, but I'd love to see how far this can go.

How to Join

I don't expect everyone to want to join, as this project does involve killing tinsels. If you are uncomfortable with that idea, leave this topic. However, if you are fine with the idea of killing a tinsel, fill out the following form. Upon filling that form out, I'll add you to the participants list. Where you are on the list will indicate when you are going to receive your starter tinsel. When I get to you, I'll breed you a starter tinsel. This is the tinsel that you will kill.

If for some reason you need a new starter tinsel, for instance if your tinsel has refused one of your rosebuds, simply fill out the following form.

Donations of starter tinsels are of course accepted, just fill out the "donation" form. Those that donate are guaranteed an end product of the gen that they choose (3rd being the minimum).

If you can provide your own starter tinsel, simply make a note of it when you submit your form and I'll mark you down as "breeding" rather than "waiting for starter".

Rules of Participating:

• You are required to give the first egg from each rosebud and the starter tinsel to myself (kiffren).
  • You must have at least one adult rosebud.
  • You MUST kill the starter tinsel after it has bred the required number of eggs.
  • You can keep at most TWO tinsel eggs from the starter tinsel.
  • If you only have one rosebud, then you will still breed two tinsel eggs, the second one will be passed along as a starter tinsel to the next person on the list. (PM me for info after breeding it.)
  • Without special permission from myself, the maximum eggs that will be bred by a starter tinsel is FOUR. This is to make sure that the starter tinsel is killed in a timely manner.
  • Complaining in this thread or at any time about killing tinsels will get you blacklisted.
Forms for Joining:

Starter Tinsel Request Form:

[color=blue][b]Starter Tinsel Request[/b][/color]
[b]Scroll Name:[/b]
[b]Total Number of Dragons:[/b]
[b]Number of Zombies:[/b]
[b]Number of Adult Rosebuds:[/b]
[b]Time Zone:[/b]

Replacement Starter Request Form:

[color=red][b]Replacement Tinsel Request[/b][/color]
[b]Reason for Request:[/b]
[b]Proof of Refusal:[/b]

Starter Tinsel Donation Form:

[color=Green][b]Starter Tinsel Donation[/b][/color]
[b]Method of Contact:[/b] (email, PM, IRC, etc)
[b]Time Zone:[/b]

Edited by kiffren

Participant List:

Scroll Name - Status

Starter Donation List:
  • kiffren
  • Seraphinu
  • Izabelle-89
  • Snave
Do NOT PM any of the donaters for a starter. You'll receive your starter when we get to you on the list.

Blacklist:

Yay no one here yet.

Banners:

By Seraphinu:

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=122902][IMG=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/Seraphinu/rosegravebutton.png][/url]

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=122902][IMG=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/Seraphinu/rosegravebanner.png][/url]

Edited by kiffren

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: dragaril

Total Number of Dragons: 680

Number of Zombies: 0

Number of Adult Rosebuds: 2

Time Zone: CET

Edited by Drag

Drag, I added you to the participants list. The next starter tinsel I breed will go to you, Seraphinu is handling fizzy's.

OHH I'm in. smile.gif

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: YamatoWoodUser

Total Number of Dragons: 64

Number of Adult Rosebuds: 0

Time Zone: EST

Nnnnn... what if I already have a silver tinsel starter-thing-whatever-you-want-to-call-it-but-I'm-going-to-kill-him-anyway-so-there and just want to donate a couple babies to the cause?

I thought about it, and I think this is pretty, so I would love to join.

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: SolarCat

Total Number of Dragons: 1093 (898 adult)

Time Zone: EST (DragCave time)

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: Kelan

Total Number of Dragons: 540

Number of Zombies: 2

Number of Adult Rosebuds: 1

Time Zone: GMT+1

Great idea! Actually I was planing to make similar Tinsel lineages with different combinations of breeds in the future. But first I still have to stock up on my actual number of Tinsels and acquire some more messy lineaged ones. But this would be a great start, I guess.

Edited by Kelan

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: omgitskairi

Total Number of Dragons: 752, including eggs and growing hatchies.

Number of Zombies: Three. Two are adults.

Number of Adult Rosebuds: One.

Time Zone: EST

@YamatoWoodUser: You need at least one adult rosebud to join, sorry.

@ArynChris: Just fill out the tinsel request form but add a note at the end that you already have a "starter".

@Everyone else: Yay participants! Didn't expect this to be this popular D8.

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: Wookieinmashoo

Total Number of Dragons: Uh, not sure. Somewhere over 1000

Number of Zombies: one '^'

Number of Adult Rosebuds:2

Time Zone: Central standard time

Two questions; do you mind if the silver is killed after halloween...or should I sign up then? I have a zombie project that will hopefully make two zombie adults so I will need all 4 of my kill slots for the event.

Also, will we be able to get an end product egg?

I think the part about you being willing to provide the starter tinsel in the first place certainly helps. xd.png

Although in my case, I was just thinking about how pretty it will become the higher the generations climb, and seeing how many people want to join in, this can truly become something stunning.

I'm absolutely going to swap for 3rd gens to climb higher, too. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

@Wookieinmashoo: I'm going to guess that won't be a problem, since there's a lot of silver tinsel eggs that need to be bred first, and they're not always cooperative. I have been trying for a month to get a single tinsel egg out of my bronze, and so far I haven't had any luck. So this is going to be a slow project, too. xd.png

Two questions; do you mind if the silver is killed after halloween...or should I sign up then? I have a zombie project that will hopefully make two zombie adults so I will need all 4 of my kill slots for the event.

Also, will we be able to get an end product egg?

Sure, you can kill your silver after halloween, as long as it is killed. I plan on handing out higher gens of this (two of the same gen, so two 4th gens or two 5th gens) to participants, but that will take a long time to get to. That's actually the reason that I'm allowing people to breed two eggs from the starter tinsel for themselves. Eventually, yes, I hope to have everyone who contributed receiving an end product.

@SolarCat: I'm the one reaping the majority of the benefits, might as well provide people with the starter. ;-)

Edited by kiffren

The lineage looks so cool. xd.png I'm kind of excited about this.

@YamatoWoodUser: You need at least one adult rosebud to join, sorry.

@ArynChris: Just fill out the tinsel request form but add a note at the end that you already have a "starter".

Ehhhhhh... I think I'm just going to do it and hand you the stuff. No need to put my name in... the more I think about it, it's one of those things I think is fun to help out and contribute to, but I don't really care about getting something at the end. It's just interesting to see someone want to do this.

Sure, you can kill your silver after halloween, as long as it is killed. I plan on handing out higher gens of this (two of the same gen, so two 4th gens or two 5th gens) to participants, but that will take a long time to get to. That's actually the reason that I'm allowing people to breed two eggs from the starter tinsel for themselves. Eventually, yes, I hope to have everyone who contributed receiving an end product.

Mine will eventually be killed once my I can get my kills back. I plan on killing one of my gold's child eventually to have a similar lineage.

kiff requested I make some banners for the lineage, and I have made a small signature button:

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=122902&st=0][IMG=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/Seraphinu/rosegravebutton.png][/url]

There will be more to come ^^

EDIT:

Made a second one

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=122902&st=0][IMG=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/Seraphinu/rosegravebanner.png][/url]

Edited by Seraphinu

I like the sound of this lineage, very unique. I'd like to join.

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: absaroke

Total Number of Dragons: 1138

Time Zone: Mountain

Hmm.... I like the look of it. Count me in!

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: emily361

Total Number of Dragons: 604

Time Zone: PST

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: EeveeSkitty

Total Number of Dragons: 368

Time Zone: NZST

I like the idea. Still, I'd rather not kill off a super pretty tinsel. Inbreds and messy lineages I'd prefer. Still, I won't complain unless it's a 2nd/3rd gen. Doubt we'd be using those as kill fodder though xd.png

Edited by EeveeSkitty

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: Pink (Usually hidden for various precautions)

Total Number of Dragons: 1044

Number of Zombies: 3

Time Zone: CST.

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: buckskinmist

Total Number of Dragons: 980

Number of Zombies:1 Adult, 2 hatchlings

Time Zone: CST

I have a couple of questions.

Once you kill a dragon, the previous lineage disappears? I always thought the code was recycled and used again. Maybe it used to be this way?

I have 3 Silver tinsels, all are 5 gens and less and stair steps. I could breed a couple of babies from them, and use those instead of getting a starter. If I do that, I will still give you the first 2 Silvers from each of those, right? If that is the case, then I don't need a starter from you since I can get my own.

Is there going to be a naming theme for this lineage?

I think the lineage looks lovely and would love to work along! Since I don't have a self-bred Tinsel I'd like to ask for a starter one so I won't make any original breeder angry.

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: Janara

Total Number of Dragons: 610

Time Zone: GMT +2 hours (CEST)

Yay more interest!

@Jerusha: You only need one starter, as once it's killed it no longer appears in the lineage and thus there is no inbreeding. If you can breed one, that's great, if you'd prefer I toss one at you I can do that as well. For now I'll mark you down as breeding your own. Just give me the code of your "starter" when you breed it.

@buckskinmist: I'd prefer names with a first name and a surname on the tinsels/rosebuds, but there are no requirements.

@Seraphinu: Pretty! I'll add them to the 2nd post.

I bred a tinsel starter today, lineage, it's going to dragaril. My other tinsels are available to breed in three days.

Edited by kiffren