Gryphonish

Scroll Dragons Counter

I've been thinking that a summary of what a is on your scroll would be really useful.

Especially for the people who have a huge number of dragons.

The silver trophy thats just appeared on my scroll just made me realise just how many I have, I had no idea I had over 200 dragons (I keep wondering if thats a glitch).

A little table at the top detailing how many dragons you have, total adults, number of males, females, frozen hatchlings. Or better still (please please) the number of each species and the number of males, females and frozen hatchlings.

EDIT: Could be listed on the egg limits page or even the appropriate link in the dragon encyclopedia.

Does anyone else think this would be good or does anyone know if its possible?

Thanks

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

That would be a really good idea.

This way we can know how many dragons we have without having to count them all individually.

There's somthing on Egg Drop Soup that gives you a banner saying how many adults/hatchlings/eggs you have. Can't remember where though.

You can check to see how many dragon you have by going to 'custom sort', and going right to the bottom. That gives your total number of dragons.

Also, eggdropsoup has something that does it for you....

Customsort is a pretty kludgey way of getting that information, not to mention it doesn't give detailed stats like number of adults.

I honestly don't really see the point in this. There's offsite ways of getting this info, keeping my scroll nice and tidy =3

For the record, I have 324 dragons, currently, according to Egg Drop Soup.

226 Adults,

3 Eggs,

4 Unfrozen hatchlings,

115 Males,

109 Females

2 adult ungendered

91 frozen hatchlings

^

And that's only about 1/3 of the list of stats it gives

Yeah, EDS is the way to go

Edited by dragon_mando

I honestly don't really see the point in this. There's offsite ways of getting this info, keeping my scroll nice and tidy =3

What does scroll tidyness have to do with this? If implemented, it'd probably be as a link at the top with the rest. Do you think those links qualify as clutter?

Actually, I do, because as those links build up, it starts looking messier. Bit by bit the sands build up until you've got a massive dune. There's really no benefit to adding this to the site itself when it takes hardly any more work to get the same info elsewhere. It doesn't seem like it would be worth the time to code into our scrolls

I like this idea. While we can at present get these stats from Egg Drop Soup who's to say that EDS will always be there to get the data from. EDS could close down just like the other fansites that have recently gone away. I'm hoping it doesn't but then I also hoped that Soti and EWBD wouldn't have gone away.

Edited by rubyshoes

Eggs Around the World also has an Inbreed Checker tool, but I too like this idea-- some sort of marker system, automatic or user-controlled, would be awesome. biggrin.gif

unsure.gif

Yea, as the title description clearly states, I am so not sure if this has been mentioned before. And if it has, I am sorry. I just didn't want to look through 13 pages of topics to find it. I'm being extremely lazy at the moment. Anyways...

What I was thinking of was a counter of some sort that kept track of the dragons/hatchlings/eggs in your cave.

Here is an example of what I was thinking of;

(Also, please just excuse the random numbers.)

You have 239 adults, 3 hatchlings, and 2 eggs in your cave.

It would be near the top of the page and would update every time you gained an egg, when a dragon hatched, and when a hatchling grew into an adult.

Thoughts?

There are a couple of fansites that have things like this, and seeing as how people seem to like them, I think it makes sense to add such a thing to the cave itself.

I like this idea. I'd like to know how many dragons I have sometimes and it would be easier to see it on my scroll instead of having to go to a fan site.

I agree, that this could be handy - even if it was in the accounts section. I know I have more than 200 and less than 500 dragons because of my silver level, but I wanted to know exactly how many dragons I had and had to go to the 'Alternate Custom Sort' and multiply. It would be nice to have the count readily available.

Edited by FosterMom

If you go to custom sort and scroll down to the bottom, you can see how many dragons you have easily, so I doubt that this is really necessary.

This would be particularly helpful for people who have babies scattered throughout their scrolls, to help them tell when they're locked, so that some forgotten egg/hatchie doesn't cause disappointment in the form of an auto-abandon - or loss of an egg they'd actually, finally caught in the Cave/AP - due to being overburdened.

It might also help tell us when we've actually caught an egg but are unaware, so we don't continue hunting only to find out we're locked when we catch something nice we can't hold onto...

If you go to custom sort and scroll down to the bottom, you can see how many dragons you have easily, so I doubt that this is really necessary.

But that doesn't tell you how many eggs / hatchlings / adults you have, only how many slots on your scroll.

I would like this idea. I would like it even more if you could click a dragon and it tell you how many you have of that. It'd make it SO easy to count my curled alt army laugh.gif

Maybe it could be something in your settings, so that it's not on your scroll? o_o I mean, if we're concerned about scroll clutter that could be an option.

If you just want to know but don't want clutter, you can check your numbers via custom sort or legacy custom sort. :3

EATW also has a Scroll Stats feature under the Tools tab.

For example, for my scroll...

General Statistics:

Eggs

Hatchlings

Frozen eggs and hatchlings

Caveborn dragons

Adult male dragons

Adult female dragons

Alive dragons

Dead dragons

Most adults raised in 100 days

196 (2011.05.19 - 2011.08.28)

Most adults raised in 1 month

85 (2011.06.13 - 2011.07.14)

Most adults raised in a single day

8 (2011.08.04)

It also has a list of:

Caveborn adults on your scroll

Pairs with most offspring

Gendered adults without progeny

Caveborn, gendered adults without progeny

Pretty nifty if you ask me. happy.gif

That's very nice.

But -

I keep a chart of my own beasties. The EATW counter comes out seven short. I've tried all sorts of ways to figure out which seven it decided not to count...

Eggs 7

Hatchlings 5 (actually 8 as some are frozen))

Frozen eggs and hatchlings 85

Adult male dragons 260

Adult female dragons 267

For a total of 612 - and my chart shows 619 (and oddly enough, as I have been adding all their codes to it today, I KNOW it is right !)

And for the total they get

Alive dragons 636 - and I can't see WHERE they get that from.... I get 619 + 12 (15 if you count the fogged three).... for a total of 631 (or 634....)

I is now officially baffled.

Allure comes out better, though. But with 81 frozens and one leetle... and a total of 539 adults as against EATW's 527....

blink.gif

ETA even odder - I see my EATW BANNER shows me with 539 adults....

Edited by fuzzbucket