dragongrrl

Gorgeous Tinselkins

I've picked up several of these so-called fails in the AP, and just received a gift of a stunning little egg which we have been calling "Tinsel-fails." I have even put fail in as part of their names, to help identify them quickly on my scroll, but I feel guilty using the term on these pretties. Some of these Tinsel-fails are so gorgeous, maybe fail is the wrong word to use.

My first thought is Tinsel-sides, (i.e., a White Tinsel-side) just because they DO have a Tinsel side of the family, even if it didn't predominate when breeding, but I thought this would make a good topic to share our pretty un-Tinsels (Tinselkins?) and find a better way to reference them. When we get a few good suggestions going, we can post a poll to help decide on a better name for our babies.

So here we go! Share your renaming thoughts, share your pretties, let's have a discussion! I just ask, please, if you want to share your pretties here, remember to use lineage links, ONLY!

Here is my White Tinselkin, Angel Cake WaffleWing Fail and my Nebula Tinselkin, Nebular Epica Fail D'Lovely. My newest baby isn't ready to show off yet, but will follow in a few days.

ETA: I'm not sure why this has been moved to breeding, as it is intended as a discussion about language, rather than any specific lineage. I don't see the connection.

Edited because I have finally changed the name of the thread to reflect the best alternate name. Tinselkin seems to be in fairly common usage for these pretty babies now, and I want to reflect on the positive aspects of these little beauties. <3

Edited again to remind all that this thread is for showing off your babies. While gifts are allowed in the thread, trading is not, as part of my original agreement with the mods who approved the thread.

Thank you to all who have supported this thread! wub.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I agree with Chiisai-hime. I'd love to get a tinsel fail from this lineage when you get more smile.gif

Thirded if you do start keeping a list. smile.gif I'd be happy to swap one of my own tinselfails back to you.

Emberfail this time huh.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/POItW Claim me!

If you grab it, please let me know, a postback here would do. Thanks in advance. smile.gif

Many thanks for adopting, Arwen17 cool.gif

If you ever make a list for a sibling to this one, count me in on being added wink.gif

Just got a pretty bronze tinsel x ember hatchling in a trade, and I'm worried about how it will gender. I need her to gender female, of course, if it genders female, I will continue breeding her with CB male embers, but in case it genders male,

could anyone at least try breeding me a down staircase with CB male harvests and CB female embers? At least half lineage so I can continue? So it would in the end make a mirror mate smile.gif

In return = I will offer you 1st shiny from the pair!

thank you many much! smile.gif

Just got a pretty bronze tinsel x ember hatchling in a trade, and I'm worried about how it will gender. I need her to gender female, of course, if it genders female, I will continue breeding her with CB male embers, but in case it genders male,

could anyone at least try breeding me a down staircase with CB male harvests and CB female embers? At least half lineage so I can continue? So it would in the end make a mirror mate smile.gif

In return = I will offer you 1st shiny from the pair!

thank you many much! smile.gif

I'm doing that anyway for one of mine, so sure! Want me to pm you when I get to a 5th gen?

you are very welcom welcome

thanks for ghiving giving the egg a great home biggrin.gif

edit for sleeping while posting spelling fail xd.png

Edited by Merenwen

Missed it >_< Would it be possible for me to get the next fail from them? I'm looking for a mate to my tinsel smile.gif

I agree with Chiisai-hime. I'd love to get a tinsel fail from this lineage when you get more smile.gif

Thirded if you do start keeping a list. smile.gif I'd be happy to swap one of my own tinselfails back to you.

If you ever make a list for a sibling to this one, count me in on being added wink.gif

ohmy.gif Orly?!

Well, it seems I really need a list now biggrin.gif

1. Chiisai-hime

2. whitestar

3. alyelle

4. Ldyfsh

Just opened and suddenly closed, since the bronze stud will be engaged for the whole next month already. laugh.gif

1. Chiisai-hime

2. whitestar

3. alyelle

4. Ldyfsh

Just opened and suddenly closed, since the bronze stud will be engaged for the whole next month already. laugh.gif

Lol! Thank you so much. I think ember fails are my favourite. biggrin.gif (Don't tell the harvest fails. Though I love them too)

I'm doing that anyway for one of mine, so sure! Want me to pm you when I get to a 5th gen?

I post here again as soon as the tinsel genders. If she genders correctly, no need will be to build up a mate. If he genders wrong, we will speak about this smile.gif

I post here again as soon as the tinsel genders. If she genders correctly, no need will be to build up a mate. If he genders wrong, we will speak about this smile.gif

Ok! If he genders wrong and I don't reply on the thread, PM me. I sometimes miss things on here. smile.gif Good luck!

Ok! If he genders wrong and I don't reply on the thread, PM me. I sometimes miss things on here. smile.gif Good luck!

Thank you! I will PM you and, of course, add you on it's list. I've got one person offered me help and I've promised a shiny to that person, so if you don't mind being 2nd in line, I'm okay smile.gif

EDIT:

Will gender in the next 10-12 hours smile.gif

Edited by Reginea9

ohmy.gif Orly?!

1. Chiisai-hime

2. whitestar

3. alyelle

4. Ldyfsh

lol biggrin.gif That's because you breed some of the prettiest Tinsel Fails happy.gif You could probably make a list for every one that you had wink.gif

Tinsel-miss up for grabs, only hitch is if you want it you need to teleport it, I'm out of teleports DX

And gone! have fun on your new scroll little one *waves*

Edited by lilnekochan

Does anyone want this pretty white spiral tinsel fail? Normally i'd keep because I love whites it but I need the egg space right now.

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

gone

Edited by aqua17

Ack, I missed Silen's emberfail list ;A; Ah wells...

I was so blinded by the prettiness that I didn't realize the resulting offspring with my intended mate would be inbred >_< If Silen's okay with it, I don't mind giving my spot to michellechan2211