Karin Kes

The Inbred Ev-Gens

Inbred Ev-Gens

For ages most dragon keepers have considered inbreeding a sin among the dragons, some think that it ruins lineages and the dragon then becomes useless. Zombie fodder, vampire victims and releases are only some of their chosen fates. But out in the caves with their dragons are the select few breeders who enjoy seeing a severly inbred family grow through the generations. Some may think it cruel, others marvelous. To many, it's simply another way to spend time.

Myself and CMO Ratchet have been working on our even generation inbreeding for months on end, since a no interest or no egg result can keep your lineage on hold for months. With both of our lineages we've created a naming scheme and a gendering pattern for our dragons, making them unique, mirrored and best of all, completely even generations.

CMO Ratchet's Fallen and Flame and Karin Kes' Sku and Sila Kes

Many DCers out there have complimented us on our lineages that we've worked hard to perfect. We've gotten months where one generation just does not like each other and find it difficult to manage two different species and have them gender properly. We are aware there are others out there who are also doing projects similar to this, but have not put it out on the forums so much. Ratchet and I have decided to create a thread where we can group together as fellow ev-gen inbreeders, where we can exchange eggs and branch the lineages out. Also this gives us a chance to encourage others to join us and experience how fun creating something like this is. It truly is rewarding as you get into the later generations of how pretty the lineages end up being, no matter how severely the inbreeding is.

This thread is not so much for the purpose of you just requesting and sharing eggs, but also to create your own and take part in adding to the list of lineages we inbreeders can be proud of.

{rules}

.Don't kill these eggs or dragons. Not for vampire bites nor for zombification.

.Don't freeze without permission. We understand that they are inbred, but this is inbreeding with purpose

.When you request a dragon pair from a certain lineage to branch it off, please follow through with the naming scheme

.If the owner who gave you the pair of eggs has certain wishes such as no addition of other species, please follow through with their wishes

.No dead eggs on your scroll, though exceptions depending on the breeder might be made

{frequently asked questions}

How do I join this project?

To get your name into this project, you either need to start a lineage of your own with two CBS (preferred method) or you can request a pair of eggs from a certain breeder of the same generation. With those two eggs you are set to continue the lineage however you like, should the two agree to breed. If not, simply request another.

For my own lineage, do I have to have a certain set of rules/methods or start with CBS?

No, you are free to breed however you like, so long as they are even generations and inbred. Though it has been found that the nicer lineages are created by two CBs and only siblings are paired. We do accept cousins and such from other branches.

My question isn't listed here.

Feel free to post in the thread, and if you don't receive an answer or have a suggestion for the FAQ, simply PM Karin or Ratchet. We're more than happy to respond.

Edited by Karin Kes

Original Breeders

The dragon keepers with the original pair of a starting lineage and their couples. They can provide you with any generation you wish. If you would like to add your lineage to this post, simply PM Karin Kes with the list of the couples names in the format below, and whether or not you are taking breeding requests.

{Karin Kes} - A deepsea x daydream lineage

Sku Kes x Sila Kes (CB Pair)

Sil Kes x Sivu Kes (2nd Gen Pair)

Siv Kes x Silu Kes (3rd Gen Pair)

Svu Kes x Sive Kes (4th Gen Pair)

Svi Kes x Siva Kes (5th Gen Pair)

Sli Kes x Sile Kes(6rd Gen Pair)

Suv Kes x Suli Kes (7th Gen Pair)

Slu Kes x Suvi Kes (8th Gen Pair)

Breeding Requests: Yes

Naming Scheme: Surname Kes, 3-5 letter names starting with S.

{CMO Ratchet} - A pebble x red lineage

Fang the Fallen x Flamefeather (CB pair)

Josh the Fallen x Blazing Red Flame (2nd gen pair)

Sabre the Fallen x Star Flame (2nd gen pair)

Faultline of the Fallen x Red Hot Blazing Flame (3rd gen pair)

Fangorian the Fallen x Red Hot Yellow Flame (3rd gen pair)

The Fallen's Faultline x Red Hot Burning Flame (4th gen pair)

Faultline Jack of the Fallen x Red Hot Flaring Flame (5th gen pair)

Faultline Mark of the Fallen x Red Hot Flaming Feather (6th gen pair)

Faultline Fang of the Fallen x Red Hot Feather Flame (7th gen pair)

Naming Scheme: Pebbles have "the Fallen" in their name and reds have "Flame" in their's.

{Airaani} - an icicle x white lineage

Snowfall Vex x Elemental Rime Vex (CB pair)

Elemental Hoarfrost Vex x Elemental Harmony Vex (2nd gen pair)

Naming Scheme: If willing, continue the Vex surname

{Lastalda}(Descendants of the Sun) - A sunset x sunrise lineage

Ana del Sol x Alejandro del Sol (CB pair)

Beatriz del Sol x Bastiano del Sol (2nd gen pair)

Naming Scheme: surname "del Sol", first names are Spanish first names in alphabetical order (one letter per generation); branchers please use different first names so not to conflict with mine?

Branch Breeders

These listed here are owners of a pair of the lineages above. They can provide you with a dragon that is branched out from the original lineage. To be added, please PM Karin Kes with a list of the lineages you have branched out and the couples you have, also with whether you are taking breeding requests.

Breeding Requests

Simply post your breeding request in bold, preferably large letters stating which lineage you'd like to be a part of and what generation you would prefer.

CMO Ratchet

(CB pair)

(2nd gen pair)

Pebble, Red: Karin Kes(3rd gen pair)Red

1. kitari13

2. Bonevene

3. dorkette (from Faultline of the Fallen)

(4th gen pair)Pebble

1. Lucy202101

Red

1. kataang160

2. Eternal Spring

(5th gen pair)Pebble

Red

1. Wolf Wings

2. Eternal Spring

(6th gen pair)Pebble

1. Valium

2. Sir Barton

Red

1. Sir Barton

(7th gen pair)Pebble

1. Amereta

2. Awesome_pigtails

3. Sister of the Dragon

4. Trope

Red

1. lilyice

Karin Kes

(CB Pair)

(2nd gen pair)

Deep/Day

1. dark_kitsune

(3rd gen pair)Deep/Day

1. dark_kitsune

(4th gen pair)Deep/Day

1. lilyice

Edited by Karin Kes

I started a female red x male ember inbred checker a few weeks ago. Had to abandon the first third gen baby but []yay[/url]! They produced again, thankfully. :3 Hoping for an ember next week ~ Also had to toss lul. At least they appear to be good breeders xd.png

Also another yay for my inbred PB sunsong line biggrin.gif It's been influenced male and will hopefully gender right and like Cantus Lux. :3 Bah, had to toss. x-x

@Kelvera: I lol'd. xd.png

Edited by Infinis

Nice progress guys. Infinis that Red/Ember checker is so pretty! I can't wait to see more of it.

Here's my current progress for Wind and Stone: http://dragcave.net/lineage/QJg0 Yay 5th Gen! This last week they gave me another Skywing... hopefully when they're ready to breed again I'll get a Stone to make with her.

The others haven't been doing much. sad.gif Better luck next week.

if you want your lineage to be even gen you will need to start with CB dragons

I know that really, I'm just itching to get started :happy.gif

Deepsea x Waterwalker would also look pretty but might be rather frustrating for you if you wanted to do a checkerboard because Walkers are currently breeding much more readily than Deepseas

I might do a rethink. Do you know if there's a list somewhere of how readily different species breed?

I've just realised that I have a CB Albino male hatchling happy.gif if my Deep Sea genders female then they would make such a pretty pattern! wub.gif

user posted image Woohoo! 7th Gen!

My inbred project is so close to being finished.

I'm going to make a white version similar to this and be done!

I have a CB Deep Sea female and Albino male! (I am such a sucker for white/navy blue wub.gif)

Meet DSA Izabela Tiamat and DSA Lucian Caelus happy.gif Now I just wait for Izabela to grow up, and hope they're compatible...

ETA: Banners? Anyone want? I got bored and made myself this one:

user posted image

Then I wondered whether anyone else would want one, and kind of got away with myself and made these xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah, I make pretty pictures when I get bored xd.png I'll go and be less weird now...

Edited by Seoldraca

Nice banners. I'd say you should make me one, but Bluna x Bluna would be a boring banner.

Also, anyone remember this little beauty that I made? I stopped with Elegy there, but I'm considering trying to get him a mate and bringing it to a full 12. Think I should?

Wow, I'm impressed. You managed to make it not completely boring. Do you want a Bluna? I breed anywhere along my lineage on request.

Heh. I currently have too many other dragons I want and other projects I want to join to be able to take a Bluna any time soon, but thanks for the offer happy.gif

ETA: Well. Erm. I thought I should test whether Lucian and Izabela were compatible, hoping to get a "not interested at the moment" message rather than a "refuse to go near each other" message. Turns out the pair are very compatible. Why did I have to test this before I had a pink to influence with? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Seoldraca

I'm assuming I'm allowed to double-post since my last post was five days ago...

Anyway, the egg gendered wrong. Meet DSA Nathaniel Anansi. Don't really know what to do with him now tongue.gif I'll think of something. (Was briefly tempted to abandon him, but he's the first dragon I've bred, and thus kind of sentimental rolleyes.gif)

Or you can try alternating the genders every generation. That might work.

That's gorgeous. Think maybe I could have a 5th-gen egg from that? :3

Yeah, I was asking you :3

Hmmmmm. Thinking of using my first caveborn red and seasonal to make a "Season of Fire" lineage. Orrrr... ooooh, use my very first caveborn black (female) and my first caveborn male (a vine that turned out to be an alt vine!) to make Seeds of Darkness. Hmmmm... or both? No, I like the "Season of Fire" idea better, and I need the reds anyway. xd.png

Thank you for writing this up and posting it, it's a great idea! I've always been frustrated by the "inbred EEEWWWW" response that makes people not want even rares that are "inbred." It's a personal preference and all, I just think it's silly, unless you have a specific lineage project--then I can understand wanting to avoid inbreeding if you have specific breeding goals in mind. Otherwise... who cares? tongue.gif

Thank you for writing this up and posting it, it's a great idea! I've always been frustrated by the "inbred EEEWWWW" response that makes people not want even rares that are "inbred." It's a personal preference and all, I just think it's silly, unless you have a specific lineage project--then I can understand wanting to avoid inbreeding if you have specific breeding goals in mind. Otherwise... who cares? tongue.gif

I think I'm a strange one. I don't care about inbreeding, but I do care about ugly looking lineages. So an inbreeding project is perfect for me, as it guarantees an even gen lineage happy.gif (Ev-gen and stair-step = pretty, IMO.)

That said, if I saw a rare on the AP, I wouldn't look at it's lineage before clicking on it. Some dragons are too shiny to care about stuff like that tongue.gif

I Saw this thread and decided I had to perticapate, turns out that I pair I wanted to use already had a few kids and I managed to get a nice egg: My Egg . I'm doing a purple dorsal x daydream lineage that I might be calling the Purple Hope lineage. Sadly these guys are only at 3rd gen right now but eventually I hope to get to about 10th gen or so. Also I have another pair of siblings from the same parents that I'm going to use for a side lineage. I think I'll call this one Dreams of Darkfins. =)

I love the idea of this project and I have seen so many beautiful inbread lineages posted here. I'm hoping my lineages will take off but mostly my dragons say Not Interested,and I need a

mate for my new egg >_<. Oh well I'll get one eventually though I was wondering if the name Purple Hope is good for my lineage? I like it but I'm not sure it fits.

Edited by G_alilena