tridymite

Message that eggs will Auto=AP

Hi,

I have a question... I breed some eggs that accidently got auto abandoned because I forgot about a vamp kill or forgot to AP an egg before or just forgot how many eggs i had.

Would it be possible to get a warning message somewhere before breeding that an additional egg will be auto-APed?

I would be happy about it.

*begs* unsure.gif

Cheers,

tridy

PS: Hope this is right section to post.

edit: 27. Nov 2012: It doesnt need to be a pop-up window, although that is an option. A red line or bold - like the sick warning - is more than enough on the breeding page - either the action page or the page with the mates listed.

edit2 3.June 2013: Change the message:

"Breed Breed this dragon with a fe/male, potentially producing eggs."

to

"Breed Breed this dragon with a fe/male, potentially producing eggs. Any eggs produced will be abandoned."

Example image by TheCompleteAnimorph: http://i59.tinypic.com/xdxu77.jpg

Diff color options by SockPuppet Strangler

Red

Bold

Bold + Red

Bold + Light Red

Bold + Dark Red

Bold + Really Dark Red

Alternative placement by zaverxi: http://orig04.deviantart.net/5e7c/f/2015/1...rxi-d8qitsp.png

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Never happened to me...since I always do the math before breeding, but I can see how that could be handy.

I think it is a pretty good idea, especially with the new limits and without the extra breeding slot .

Sure, you can check before breeding, but sometimes you get sidetracked or doesn't count right for whatever reason .

We also got the ''your egg/hatchling is sick'' at the top page of our scroll as a warning, so why not this, too ?

Even if we DO have http://dragcave.net/help/egglimits, a nice warning sentence would be fine though ^^ .

I would love this, I went derp and lost a Silver and a Thunder egg by doing this.

Hm... it's an original idea, but I don't support it. It would make it harder for all the other people out there to get rares. That rare you just bred could have easily gone to a user who didn't have one already. This has happened to me too with some great eggs, but you can always breed again. It's your own fault for not realizing that you were locked, and we have the password protect for that last "wait WAIT OMG NOO!" moment. So, hate to be a party pooper, but no.

I'd like to see something like this.

I've only ever had some eggs auto-abandoned a few times, with nothing major lost. It still would be nice to get a warning. I can't believe there isn't something implemented already. I would think that your dragons would know how many eggs you could handle and would ask what would happen to their child if you bred them while locked.

I agree, this would be useful.

Particularly if you raise dragons a pair at a time and your eggs, for one reason or another, decide to hatch at completely different times.

So when you breed your egg is Auto-Abandoned. sad.gif

Just something that would be nice. Even though I do know the egg limits I for one would appreciate the reminder. ^^

Support from meeeeee.

I wanted to suggest something like this (an extra confirmation screen/popup alerting that any resulting eggs will be auto-abandoned) but never got around to it.

I'd suggest it be optional, default on.

My tinsel was actually a missbreed that went to the ap, So quite honestly, it can help with circulating certain eggs despite how much people can get upset from their derp.

Check out my sig for the tinsel's lineage (the bronze ivy)

Actually, there have been a number of times that I've unknowingly picked up a low-time egg that I'd thought I'd missed, and only discovered its presence when I was unable to pick up any more eggs.

And more than once I've had a hard time finding where on my scroll the egg was, because it was way down among the adults, where I'd never have looked if I hadn't effectively been told that a 7th egg existed somewhere, by the 'overburdened' message.

Had I successfully bred rather than tried catching, the egg produced would have autoed because the message following multiple clicks (not all of my clicks 'get through' so I tend to do bursts of clicking) on an egg I was trying to catch elicited the message that I was not quick enough, or could not find the dragon.

Sometimes a failure to keep track of egg/hatchie numbers is very difficult to avoid.

A message of the type suggested would be terrific.

People do drop Tinsels onto the AP sometimes, rather than gifting directly to someone specific - and I hope we can move past having to worry about whether we're benefiting from someone else's ill fortune because I've started hanging out in the AP on the theory that I no longer have to worry about this...

i just lost a 2nd gen PB nebula because i had two hell fires that were on the bottom of my scroll. and i really needed it too. so yah. PUT IT IN THE GAME biggrin.gif!

Edited by Doylj

All it takes is one step to the egg limits page under the new help link and you can avoid disasters. Some people like breeding to have the eggs auto abandon. It's easier than singly dumping each egg off onto the AP. Another pop up message would be really annoying. So I say no, unless there was some way to be able to turn the thing off.

Hi,

I have a question... I breed some eggs that accidently got auto abandoned because I forgot about a vamp kill or forgot to AP an egg before or just forgot how many eggs i had.

Would it be possible to get a warning message somewhere before breeding that an additional egg will be auto-APed?

I would be happy about it.

*begs*  unsure.gif

Cheers,

tridy

PS: Hope this is right section to post.

Why do you not just use the egg limits page to see at a glance if you are at your egg limit or not? Open the page and the info is right there. It's that easy. http://dragcave.net/help/egglimits

Or you can just put all your eggs/hatchlings at the top of your scroll so when you go to your scroll you see right up front how many eggs you have..if a person is too lazy to count their eggs at that point before scrolling down to pick dragon's to breed, then the fault lies on them if an egg autoabandons.

All it takes is one step to the egg limits page under the new help link and you can avoid disasters. Some people like breeding to have the eggs auto abandon. It's easier than singly dumping each egg off onto the AP. Another pop up message would be really annoying. So I say no, unless there was some way to be able to turn the thing off.

This. That page is the most useful addition for a long while... smile.gif

Why do you not just use the egg limits page to see at a glance if you are at your egg limit or not? Open the page and the info is right there. It's that easy. http://dragcave.net/help/egglimits

Or you can just put all your eggs/hatchlings at the top of your scroll so when you go to your scroll you see right up front how many eggs you have..if a person is too lazy to count their eggs at that point before scrolling down to pick dragon's to breed, then the fault lies on them if an egg autoabandons.

Yes, that page is useful, but this isn't about that.

Lots of people don't have their scroll sorted that way, or maybe they simply forgot they picked something up, or maybe other breedings gave eggs but they didn't see the screen or thought they abandoned it but they didn't.

If someone is massbreeding for trade fodder, they might not stop to count before every breeding. They might not be able to handle tabs or reloading the scroll every time to make sure.

This should be an option you can have that would check your lock before breeding and give you a notification/confirmation that any resulting eggs will be autoabandoned.

Yes, that page is useful, but this isn't about that.

Lots of people don't have their scroll sorted that way, or maybe they simply forgot they picked something up, or maybe other breedings gave eggs but they didn't see the screen or thought they abandoned it but they didn't.

If someone is massbreeding for trade fodder, they might not stop to count before every breeding. They might not be able to handle tabs or reloading the scroll every time to make sure.

This should be an option you can have that would check your lock before breeding and give you a notification/confirmation that any resulting eggs will be autoabandoned.

You can check the egg limit page before breeding. I wish I had done so this morning sad.gif I hope that summer has a good home....

You can check the egg limit page before breeding. I wish I had done so this morning sad.gif I hope that summer has a good home....

...and I /just/ said that yes, the page is nice, but not everyone knows about it. Plus, it would take time, and breeding should be simple, not having to load a page or 3 if you just want to see if you're unlocked so you can continue breeding.

This would mostly be for convenience. It would save time and page loads.

...and I /just/ said that yes, the page is nice, but not everyone knows about it. Plus, it would take time, and breeding should be simple, not having to load a page or 3 if you just want to see if you're unlocked so you can continue breeding.

Sorry - you said "this isn't about that" so I thought...

This option makes it inconvenient for people who breed to abandon. I don't want to have to click another button for each egg I breed just to have it auto abandon.

As I said before, only if it's optional. I want a way to turn this option off.

happens to me. Im full cuz I forgot to abandon the egg I didnt breed them...YAY!!! I bred a blue striped! biggrin.gif so excited!! But...ops! It was abandoned. -.- so unhappy, wish it would have told me.

I see this only as only possible if it has a way to be turned off. To me, it would make sense to check how many eggs/hatchlings you have before attempting to breed anything, as to me breeding is not to be taken lightly and causing AP blockage for the sake of it.

Perhaps instead of a popup, it could just be some text on the page?

Select the dragon you wish to have it breed with.  You will not be able to keep the offspring of this pairing.

Or even on the Breed action:

Breed Breed this dragon with a female, producing up to four eggs.  You are not able to keep any more eggs at this time.

Too subtle?

I personally do check the egg limits page before breeding anything valuable but would still support this happy.gif Sometimes you will just forget or, out of excitement of noticing something has come off cooldown or just grown up, rush to breed only to find you can't keep it laugh.gif .

I remember the first time I auto'd a valuable 3rd Gen Silver how much I kicked myself because I forgot to abandon a metalfail, and had been waiting on that egg for months X3