Lightdragon4444

After the Fire

Prophecy: When the island is consumed in chaos, four dragons will rise and restore order and peace back to the island of Brikel.

History: In the dark ages on a small island called Brikel there lived a group of dragons of all species. Unfortunately these dragons were always at war because of the great hoard of treasure that was hidden on the island, that was mined from the hidden crystal cave by the dragons who settled the island. It is said that the crystals give any dragon unimaginable power. Thousands of dragons died in the hundreds of unnecessary wars, until one day the great prophecy was fulfilled and peace was restored. The four dragons split the island into four parts to stop the war from happening again.

The first great dragon was Jage, a guardian dragon who ruled the mountains.

The second great dragon was Sapphire, a water dragon who ruled the sea.

The third great dragon was Emerald, green dragon who ruled the forests.

The fourth great dragon was Lightning, a thunder dragon who ruled the skies.

But sadly that was an old legend that hatchlings were told by their parents before bed. The dragons on the island lived in peace for centuries until one day a strange dragon arrived on the island claiming to be a messenger from his god and if they didn't obey him they would all suffer dearly. Lots of dragons agreed to follow him but most stayed away, fearful. Then came the weeks of disasters; hatchlings and eggs disappeared and dragons turned up dead, usually clawed or drowned. More and more dragons started to join the messenger hoping he could protect their eggs and hatchlings, though one group of dragons known as lights still refused to join him and his god.

Plot: You are a hatchling of the group of dragons known as the lights. One night the hatchlings wake to the sound of a fight and rush to the cave's mouth were the lights live next to their clearing. Unfortunately their hearing is correct and the lights are engaged in an epic fight for their lives against the evil group of dragons working for the messenger. The wind brings the smell of blood and smoke. The fight calms for a split second as the leader of the lights screams at the hatchlings to get to the back of the cave before he has to face another attacker. The fight again enrages, the lights vs the messenger's warriors, teeth and claw dipped in blood and dead and wounded lying everywhere. Most of the hatchlings obey and go to the back of the cave were they grew up but some still want to fight and help. After what seems like hours the fighting stops and the braver of the hatchlings rush to the mouth of the cave, only to be stopped by an unknown black dragon towering over them. The black dragon then introduces himself as a warrior of the messenger and that the lights were evil dragons and were punished for their crimes. The messenger's dragons then begin to take all the hatchlings and eggs to their cave high in the mountains and proceed to set fire to the clearing; giant oaks that once stood proud now lie in a burned crumpled heap. Once in the cave the hatchlings find a network of hidden tunnel systems and escape knowing full well that the messenger is the true evil dragon. After escaping with a few eggs, the hatchlings find a small clearing with a cave and a stream nearby. This is where your adventure begins. Your mission is simple; take out the messenger and restore peace to the island of Brikel.

The island: Brikel is an island mostly covered in forests with a giant mountain in the middle of the island. There is also the great stream that divides the dark and light forests and the plains to the east.

user posted image

Rules: 1. No godmodding/Mary Sues/Gary Stues; these things sucks the fun out and over powers a dragon.

2. All DC rules apply.

3. Be nice, no swearing, and romance is allowed but keep it PG-13 or under.

4. Minimum four sentences per post and use correct spelling and decent grammar.

5. Don't use anyone else character its their idea.

6. Keep all gore PG-13 though it helps the story a bit.

7. I have the power to kick anyone I feel isn't helping or is being mean.

8. Please only two characters per person, it helps me keep track.

9. No breathing fire, and no flying yet you're still a hatchling.

10. Please pm me character sheets, thanks.

11. Have fun! biggrin.gif

Character sheet:

Name:

Species:

Personality:

Skill:

egg: if you would like one of the eggs just say but you must take care of it through out the story.

Character sheet: (EX)

Name: Scout

Species: Guardian

Personality: hyper, protective, curious, friendly, smart

Skill: leader/fighter

egg: none

Skills: Many more of each skill can be added on as the story progresses except medics.

Leader: The leader will protect and lead the clan on the adventure and can be replaced by the co-leader if the group feel it's needed.

1 lightdragon4444 (me) as Kip

co-leader: Helps leader in choices.

1 Merryier12 as Starlet

Warrior/hunters:Protects and gathers food.

1 XxdragicexX as Xalfer

2 dragcave:D as Shrysta

3 hahahararara as Sheila

4 Ryujin13 as Lyna

5 dangershy as Dirimin

6 XxdragicexX as Shela

Medic: Heals sick and wounded and helps take care of eggs.

1 Merryier12 as Lily

2 SilentWhispers as Furia

Scout: Will scout territory the leader feels is unsafe or spy on the messenger.

1 lightdragon4444 as Scout

2 dragoncave:D as Swalleria

Also, I will be evil dragons throughout the story and may inflict minor wounds. Nothing serious or life threatening, just to help out the story. If someone wants to be an evil dragon, say so and you can be added in the story.

Evil Dragons:

(as many as the story wants)

More Banners are welcome biggrin.gif PM me the link thanks

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117872][IMG=http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee459/mudkipy/fire2-1.jpg][/URL]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117872][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/bZhf0.png][/URL]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117872][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/DLvVq.png][/URL]

Edited by Lightdragon4444

Accepted characters: So far

(lightdragon4444) me

Character sheet:

Name: Kip

Species: Blue nebula

Personality: Kip is a Brave and curious hatchling that sometimes get him into trouble but is noble at heart. Brother scout

Skill: leader/fighter

Name: Scout

Species: green nebula

Personality: His name says it all, scout is quiet and sly but he is not afraid to voice his mind about important topics. Brother kip

Skill: scout

(Merryier12)

Name: Lily

Personality: She is kind and caring, one of the reasons she stole an egg. Gore doesn't scare her, but she's never been a fighter.

Skill: Healer

egg: Yes, it's light blue in color and has a small system of what seems to be veins running through it.

Appearence: She is a light purple, and her eyes are a darker shade.

Name: Starlet

Personality: She is kind, but fierce, and knows how to fight.

Skill: Co-leader

Egg: None

Appearence: Her scales are pure white, but they seem to have hints of yellow. Her eyes are dark gold, giving her a dangerous feel.

(XxdragicexX)

Name:Xalfer

Species:Nebula

Personality: Xalfer is a friendly nice person who easily makes friends. He is a bit stubborn at times but is mostly nice and fun.

Skill: Hunter

Name:Shela

Species:Alt nebula red

Personality: Shela is a nice and friendly person who enjoys time with her lover Xalfer.

egg:

(dragcave:D)

Name: Shrysta

Species: dark myst pygmy

Personality: generally very curious, and loves to learn and to share what she learned with others. sometimes when she is busy, she'll miss even the most obvious things. She loves to just be carefree, and pretend this whole thing isn't happening.

egg: dark myst pygmy like herself.

Appearance: Ice blue eyes, and blueish-purpley wing stripes.

Name: Swalleria

Species: the "original" pygmy

Personality: Normally calm, and loves to help others. she can move around very stealthily, and knows the best places to hide her brightish coloured scales.

Skill: scout

egg: n/a

appearance: normally coloured "original" pygmy, but has lime green eyes, and a silver tipped tail (when we get wings, she has silver tipped wings too)

(hahahararara)

Name: Sheila

Species: whiptail

Personality: Sheila is fast and furious, and whatever she does is done with pride. She has much built up anger from the fact that she is mute, and she turns it into energy.

Skill: Warrior/ hunter

egg: no

Appearance: light brown with green stripes, tiny

(Ryujin13)

Name: Lyna

Species: Red

Personality: Happy, playful, excitable, friendly, EXTREMELT protective

(dangershy)

Name: Dirimin

Species: Magi

Personality: Sort of neutral, but maily nice.

Skill: Hunter/warrior smaller prey

egg: N/A

(SilentWhispers)

Name: Furia

Species: Scorpionfish http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=83745S

Personality: A shy hatchling that doesn't like fighting. She prefers to keep to herself but will help when she can.

Skill: Healer

Okay then! Approved. Have fun roleplaying. smile.gif

i don't know maybe two more warrior/hunters, i will start it tomorrow if we don't get any more people they can like wonder in later in the story.

Uhhh kip moaned as he got up from the ground he crashed on the night before. Kip sat looking around him trying to recall what had happened and were he was. Then he remember and wished he hadn't. His mind ran though all the painful horrible moment of the night before. Most everyone he cared about was gone, no one to help him or the other hatchlings. The evil messenger had taken the hatchlings and eggs to his hide out and tried to brainwash all the hatchlings. Lucky for him and the other hatchlings they were able to escape though a maze of hidden tunnels in the mountain side. Kip began to take a walk around their new hide out hoping it would take his mind off the subject but it didn't help as he figured. Kip exhaled a breath and walked to Xalfer letting a quick hello out before moving on.

((You need to PM that to Lightdragon. Also, when you do, delete that post.))

"Hello Kip! How are you doing this morning?" Xalfer streched his aching body and yawned a bit. Walking to a small pool of water, he splashed the cold water on his face and it sent chills through his body. He yawned one more time and finally felt awake."Should i go hunt for some breakfast or should i wait till the others wake up?"

Hey, I'm fine. Kip walk over and splashed some cold water on his face. Feeling more awake he streaked himself before answering. I think we got it here you can go hunting if you want ill send scout with you to explore our new home.

(((Blue is Shrysta and Orange is Swalleria.)))

Can't believe this. Stupid messenger... Shrysta thought. Throughout that day, they had gotten things organized, and she had become a hunter/warrior. Right now, she was stalking through the Greet (do you mean Great?) Plains, looking for food. She had just heard a stir in the grass ahead of her, and pounced. Yum, a rabbit.she thought. Adding it to the pile of her other prey (a bird and a small fish she happened to get from a nearby pond), she decided that would be enough for the day. Oh gosh, i didn't think this through.she though. How do i get this back?she thought desparingly, not wanting to come back many many times. Just then, she spouted a yellow-orange blur in the distance. "Swalleria!" she called out.

Hearing her name called out, she ran towards the area where she heard it. "yes? what's the-" she began. "Oh," she said when she spotted the prey. "Yeah, that." Shrysta said. "well, let's make a basket-sleddish thingy." she said. "Uh..." shrysta said. "Just get some leaves, a branch, and a LOT of grass." Swalleria said. When everything was collected, swalleria made a small basket that was 3 times the size of both Swalleria and Shrysta (combined) with a stick in the front of it to pull. (( looks like this (kindof) l==( ) )) "let's get this back," Swalleria said.

((lol you guys posted like 3 seconds before i did xd.png))

(((can i use the banner?)))

Edited by dragcave:D

"Nah ill think ill go by myself."Xalfer flapped his wings a bit and then took off. He gained some altitude and then looked down. He saw dust fly into the air under some trees. Looking closer, he saw a pack of rabbits run by. "Target, locked on." Xalfer tucked in his wings and followed the dust. Reaching his top speed, the rabbits came out of the forest into a clearing. Opening his wings again, he slowed down for the catch. But they saw it coming. The group both split up running opposite directions. Dam it! As quickly has he could, Xalfer turned around and flapped his wings madly to avoid crashing to the ground.

Aiming for the larger pack, he took off claws sharp. He finally caught up with it and sunk its claws into two rabbits. They both quickly fell but he wasn't done. He took down 4 more rabbits before stopping. Only being able to pick up 4, he took those back to the camp.

Edited by XxdragicexX

When they had finally gotten back to where all the hatchlings camped out, Shrysta asked "Will you practice with me?" "What for?" Swalleria asked. "Fighting." When Swalleria sighed, Shrysta said "Come on. I'm part warrior, and you'll need to know how to defend yourself too." "Fine" Swalleria said. "Just one sec. I wanna check on the eggs." Shrysta said. When she reached where she had camped out with Swalleria (in the corner of the cave), she saw the egg. She had hidden it under some leaves, and padded the nest with some feathers she had found yesterday. Reminding herself to add some more feathers, and maybe some fur to the nest, she went to practice with Swalleria.

When they had finished practicing, Swalleria was walking with a limp, and saying "Ow" with every step. She helped Shrysta take care of the egg, so she brought some ferns and moss back from where they had practiced. As well, she helped Shrysta de-feather the bird they had caught and de-fur the rabbit. When they had fixed the nest, they lay down and relaxed for a while.

((lol i was thinking of how a nebula hatchling could carry that huge deer xd.png))

(( Yeh i had to change it. Appearently we are only S2 hatchlings that cant really fly that well :[ ))

Hey scout!!! called kip. Hearing his name being called scout ran to see what was up. Hey little bro whats up. Hey scout i want you to go and explore our new home. Got it ill be back soon scout replied. Thanks kip said with a hint of sadness in his voice hearing this scout stopped and asked kip what the matter was. I..I..I just really miss mom and dad they'd know how to help us. I know kip, i miss mom and dad too but we just got to tough up and figure this out by ourselves. Ill be back before you know it scout called as he quickly left the clearing. Kip watched his brother until he was out of sight, then went and laid down on a rock to sun bath for a bit.

Swalleria heard Kip called out to Scout and ask him to explore. When Scout left, Swalleria went up to Kip and asked "Can i go too?"

Shrysta decided that she had rested long enough, and went to do more battle training. On a bush. She shredded that bush to oblivion (after collecting the berries for everybody to eat) and decided to see if anybody in camp wanted to "spar" with her.

((Shrysta asked everybody, so if you wanna fight with her, just say she asked you))

Of course you can go but you might want to hurry scout my be silent but hes fast too. Kip thought to himself for last night being horrible every one is in a good mood i should join them. He continued to sun bath for a little while longer still thinking to himself.

Dirimin was laying down. He was tired from the long tunnel walk, so he was resting.

((Will post longer intro tomorrow morning. Have to go to sleep. *yawn*))

Lyna woke up to find herself laying on her back, feet in the air. She had been so tired the night before that she had literally fallen asleep the moment she had hit the floor. The little red rolled over and sat up, shaking the dirt and debris off. She looked around the cave and sighed, closing her eyes tight. Everything had gone downhill since the messanger, and it was probably just going to get worse. She remembered the last thing her mother had said to her the day of the attack. They had been playing, her mother teaching her how to fight against a large scorpian. Lyna had killed it easily enough and her mother had smiled, proud of her daughter.

She had looked Lyna in the eye and told her: "Remember the most important rule. Courage. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage. If you are courageous, and surrounded by friends, anything is possible."

Back in the hideout Lyna nodded, the memory trickling away into thought. "Anything is possible." She whispered, before getting up and walking outside.

"Hey guys." She said as brightly as she could muster considering the circumstances. "What are you up to?"

Starlet woke up lazily, stretching like a cat and snapping halfheartedly at a small mouse that scampered by. It ran off though, not that Starlet really cared, it was too bony for her liking anyways. She plodded out of a small alcove that she had made her den, blinking in the sunlight. Glancing around, she watched everyone bustle too and fro. Everyone had a purpose, hers was to organize a hinting party. Sighing she called out, "HUNTERS! Come with me, I'll put you into trios." Starlet sat down, thinking about many things, least of which were her job. Still, she put on a brave face and muddled through, hoping this wasn't a preview of the rest of her day.

Lily sat quietly in her rather large medicine den. It was usually rather lonely, and today was no different. Although she couldn't complain, it was a good thing that nobody usually visited here, willing or not.

Hey lyna I heard starlet is gathering a hunting party and I have to clear my mind a bit we should join her Kip called. How are you this morning, considering the circumstances probaly not well he thought to himself. Kip jumped down from the rock he was laying on to stand next to lyna.