Kaiserf11

Broskii Region [OOC Thread]

Broskii Region RP

OOC Thread

Ok, this thread is to keep the RP (in character thread) clean of OOC comments, and to accept the new members too. Any doubt you might have, please ask them here, that way we can keep the RP Thread working just fine smile.gif

The rules of the RP still counts here, but I'll be posting just the General Rules here since there won't be any pokemon appearing here xd.png

IC Thread//Characters Thread

General Rules

-No legendaries will be allowed in this RP other than the ones I have you encounter, and there is a designated place for some of them to be, but that doesn't mean you will find them there on your first visit.

-Stay Active! It’s a very important part of an RP. If you are going to be unable to post for a while, PM me, so I know why you aren’t posting and won’t kick you out. That's something I wouldn't like, specially if you can't post for major reasons.

- If you are finding a rare item (i.e. a TM/hold item), you can post finding the item but not specifically what it is. I will then decide what the item is and inform you.

-If you happen to run into another participating RPer, stick to events that you both witness. This means don't talk about events your character hasn't witnessed even if you know about them.

-Other than that just follow the basic forum rules and keep it PG13

-Everyone has the chance to encounter a shiny Pokemon, but just one. You can decide which Pokemon it should be, asking for it when a wild encounter resolves (me posting the wild Pokemon you encounter) or when you reach the area the Pokemon appears; you can PM me to tell me which Pokemon you want to be a shiny when you encounter it.

-Everyone note I will be strict on shiny posts. If I think the post isn't good enough then the Pokemon will break out and flee. This cannot be over ruled by any RPer. If the post is nearly good enough, I might give you a second bite at the shiny, but if the second post is short then once again it will flee. Obviously the 'stronger' or 'rarer' a Pokemon is the harder the shiny will be to catch. i.e. a shiny Rattata is difficult to catch, but a shiny Scyther will be damn near impossible. Also there will be an absolute maximum of 1 shiny per RPer. This is not negotiable.

-Also, every single game starter has a chance to appear everywhere, but it is a small chance. So I don't suggest you keep on a route waiting for one, as it is probable you'll encounter one in the future.

-The starters appear in places suitable to their environment. This means Charmander is a "rough terrain Pokemon" so it would appear around mountains or rough terrain routes, water starters are most "river side Pokemon" so they would appear around rivers, ponds or sea, and grass starters are likely to appear anywhere where there is grass so, you get the idea...

-Everyone starts with a Pokemon at lvl 5, but your Pokemon will gain levels with almost every battle -refer to the "About Leveling up a Pokemon" part of the rules section.

-This RP happens about 8-10 years after the events of the first anime series and characters of the series and games can appear later in the RP.

->This RP is not meant to be just for Semi-Lit RPers, but it would be nice each RPer effort themselve to creat post with at least 3-4 sentences. I want this to be entertraining and despite reading walls of words is not fun, reading one-liners isn't either.

That’s all of them. Just follow these rules and this will run smoothly.

[b]Name:[/b] Your character's name
[b]Age:[/b] Your character's Age (10-17)
[b]Gender:[/b] Is your character male or female
[b]Appearance:[/b] Describe what your character looks like, an img is fine too
[b]Personality:[/b] Describe your character's personality
[b]History:[/b] A brief history of your character (if they are older than 10, include why they didn't leave at 10) 
[b]Starter Choice:[/b] Will be randomized. You can request another Pokemon (up to 3) which will be tossed into the pile of the basic Pokemon to increase your chances of getting it.

Once you have gotten to the lab and are about to choose your Pokemon, your last sentence should be this: "This computer chooses your partner Pokemon based on your personality," explained by the Professor. "Just place your hand on the scanner and it will display 3 Pokemon for your choosing." After that, I will post your Pokemon and you will continue in the next post on which one you chose.

You can check this site for all the info you might need for your Pokemons Bulbapedia

The Plot and rest of the RP Rules you can find them in the RP Thread.

Edited by RyuKaiser

Approved RPers

• Jeimuzu

woshiico0kie

akiraa

Shijou-san

stromzone

RyuKaiser

poke11

Alicia-Jewel

ziposaki

TheFallenAngel6236

Characters Thread Update Forms

These forms are for update the Characters Thread after each battle, item finding or event had happen. This is for an easier count up of the battles and iteams everyone have had and the levels are counted with less error

When Battled a wild pokemon

[b]Trainer: [/b]
[b]Currently At:[/b] 
[b]Your Pokemon:[/b]
species/level/gender/nickname
[b]Pokemon Battled:[/b]
species/level
[b]Battle Outcome:[/b]
won/loose/catched the pokemon/pokemon scaped
[b]Items:[/b] ∞ Pokeball

When found an Item

[b]Item Found:[/b]
[b]Total Items:[/b] ∞ Pokeball

For a complete update

[b]Your Party Pokemon:[/b]
[list]species/level/gender/nickname(if any)[/list]
[b]PC Pokemon:[/b]
[list]species/level/gender/nickname(if any)[/list]
[b]Items:[/b] ∞ Pokeball
[b]Other:[/b] (gym badges, contests ribbons)

I must say that in the last code, I only need the Party Pokemon to be in the list. But I'd need a list of the pokemon in the PC as well so I know which img to add/remove/change from the front page post and to have them organized in the list when updated.

Edited by RyuKaiser

Characters Ubications and Active Teams

Diomedes

Ubication: Route 2

Team: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Morty

Team: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Akira

Team: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Mia

Team: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Zaak

Team: user posted imageuser posted image

Kaiser

Team: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Crystal

Ubication: Pring Town

Team: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Lynn

Austin

Alice

Edited by RyuKaiser

Ready for critiques and/or approval biggrin.gif

((I know that in this moment I have two threads in the Unnapproved section, but I was told by LadyNatasha that I could creat this one because the other is about to get approved... just in case a mod would think I'm violating the rules...))

Edited by RyuKaiser

((This doesn't count as a second RP in the unapproved. Since it is an OOC Thread, it counts as the first one so you're not breaking any rules. wink.gif This is approved, I'm just bumping it up for you))

Looks interesting smile.gif I've been following this since you made it, and I'm going to give the IC thread another lookover. I'll edit this with a sheet once I'm done ^^

Also, I'd like to say, nice job on determining on how a pokemon is captured xd.png I've never seen anything like it, but it seems to be a good way to keep post quality up.

thanks a lot, a friend of mine gave me the idea and I sued it biggrin.gif

awaiting your character sheet smile.gif

Name: Madison Seymour

Appearance: A bit on the pale side, and rather boyish looking. Madison's sandy brown hair is kept very short, though the bangs have started to get into her eyes. Eyes rather large and dark brown. She prefers darker colors, and the clothing she has chosen for the start of her journey consists of a plain, sage green t-shirt, black pants, a black overcoat, and a black hat with green patterns. Carries a large brown bag with her, where she stores all her supplies. You can also just look here tongue.gif

Personality: Loyal, but hardly dependable, Madison is always forgetting things or trying to shirk her duties. She's not very organized, either- her room is usually a mess, and she just drops things willy-nilly into her bag, rather than take advantage of the different storage sections. Still, she's quite friendly, and quite enthusiastic when it comes to pokemon (see History), though that sometimes leads to her being chased off by some territorial pokemon. (I'm not good at personalities on sheets, most of it will come across in the history/first post. Hopefully this isn't too much of a problem?)

History: First of all, you may be wondering why she's six years over the usual age people start their journey. This is mainly because her parents thought her quite irresponsible (and, when she was ten, she didn't quite feel up to the task of running around the world on her own xd.png), and it's only been in the past year that she's improved her behavior enough to start.

Despite her delayed start, Madison has always loved pokemon, spending most of her teenage years studying them as much as possible, even spending a large portion of the past few years helping out at Professor Pine's lab. She's not actually out to become the best trainer in the world, and would much rather dedicate her time to breeding, or even becoming a professor herself. She has finally decided to become a trainer for the sake of hands-on learning, as well as a crash course in actually doing things for herself. Not much else to say smile.gif

Starter Choice: Bulbasaur and Meowth are two I had in mind, but you're the OP/Professor xd.png (I will admit, I wasn't entirely clear on if 'starter' means any pokemon, or any from the starter trios.)

Hopefully this works, I'll add/fix anything if needed.

Edited by Dr. Paine

You've definitely got my attention, and the idea for capturing and item finding are indeed interesting and unique. I have a few questions;

1. How easy are you to impress in terms of this post quality?

2. Are starters restricted to the starters in the actual games (Bulbasaur through to Oshawott) or can they be any reasonable basic pokemon?

3. Is there some open-ness to how first-time trainers may meet their first pokemon? I'm not thinking over-the-top, OMG I WAS MENT 2 FIND THIS POKEMANS, more someone maybe not into the idea of being a trainer and coming across their would-be starter by chance and reconsidering - that pokemon still being your randomised selection. Just thinking in some cases it would explain why an older trainer is just starting. Or would that muck up the standardised storyline too much?

4. If, for my three options to increase the likelihood of getting the starter I want, I put Mudkip three times, will that make me more likely to get a Mudkip than just the one time? *grin*

@Dr. Paine ~ you're accepted, and don't worry about the personality, it's ok to leave some to RP on the way smile.gif

Now, you can either began by yourself and meet other RPers when they join, or wait untill there are more RPers and begin at the same time so you have somebody else to interact with...

In any case, your first post should be about the day you will get your first pkmn and finish it with the moment you get to the lab and the machine begans swirling between the shapes of your potentials starter pkmn.

@Jeimuzu ~ ok, I'll try to answer your questions as good as I can:

1- I'm not hard to impress(I don't need it to be a large wall of RP to get impressed) but not easy either(two or three sentences won't work too well). But, well, I'm still fairly new to this RP thing(I just started a couple months ago) but I guess a post of "Semi Literate" (I guess that's how they call it) level can do the things well. Of course, if it is well written, a large post with just one or to actions is not good. But in terms of lenght, I guess a parragraph nicely written is just fine, of course, if you feel like to post more than that is not a problem, I just ask it to be focused on the battle more than on the rest of the things (i.e. don't write two sentences describing a rock that sttepped in the way of your pkmn).

2- The starters can be any pkmn you want, but the legendaries. i.e. you can request: Charmander, Zorua, Lotad and it will be fine. but no legendaries i.e. you requesting: Mewtwo, Dialga, Kyurem wont do, since they are all legendaries and nobody will get a legendary, at least not as their starter.

3- Well, that's a tough question... actually, it would work like this:

Kaiser(my character which I'll post later) gets to the lab, he puts the hand on the slot-machine-like randomizer and it throws Squirtle, Durant, Lapras.

The pkmn will appear on the screen of the machine and you should select one among them by pressing a button on the machine, it will pop out the pkbll with youre selected pkmn and you'll meet it. It is actually a lot like it would in the anime when the trainers meet their pkmns, but with randomized choices.

Although, I don't think I understand too well the example you posted, if cou could make a RP post of how it would happen, then I guess I could understand better your point and reconsider the options about meeting the pkmns.

4- Well, you see, what I do for try to give you one of the starters you asked is the following, first of all, you should know I use an online randomizer of pkmn to select the options, of course, allways trying to keep the options according to your character's personality.

i.e. you post your three choices as: Charmander, Zorua, Lotad. Then I go to the randomizer, and do this: Charmander is a fire type, so I create a search of Fire types from all the regions, and it should pop me out 6 options, if in those 6 there is a Charmander or one of it's evolutionary line pkmn(Charmeleon, Charizard) then I'll have the machine pop out a charmander between your options. But, if it sis not threw any of Charmander's evo line, then I go with Zorua, change the search to dark types and if in between the 6 options there is a Zorua or Zororak then I'll have the machine put a Zorua between your options. And it goes like that to all the options.

Of course, I wont put more than 1 of your desired options, but I could give you pkmn-alike to your options. i.e. you posted Charmander, Zorua, Lotad. I ran the prog and it appeared a Lotad, so I will put Lotad between your options, then will randomize, and put opkmn alike to Charmander and Zorua, like putting a Bagon instead of Charmander, or a Vulpix or Poochyena instead of Zoroark. You see, pkmn that might be close tou your desired options. Of course, only if they appear in the randomizer.

About your question of if putting Mudkip three times would increase your chances of getting it, well, as you see in my explanation, it wont since it is not sure that the randomizer will pop it out. And I don't do it more than once for each option.

God that was long! I hope I explained it ok to you, if you have another doubt, feel free to post it and I'll try to answer it as well as I can smile.gif

Thanks ^^ I think I'll work on an intro tonight. maybe Madison'll hang around the lab for a bit afterward, she would probably want to travel with someone. Partly in hopes that they have a map, because she fails and would not have one tongue.gif

xd.png it's ok then, don't worry, I have my character in stock too, I'm waiting for enough people to join so I can add myself into the RP xd.png

and also, a hint about my character, is a huge dragon freak and in his history, I have him been helping in Prof. Pine's lab to learn more about dragons before embarks on his journey...

Sounds fun xd.png

Oh, that reminds me- it seems you didn't answer the question I had in my profile, is it okay if Madison has been studying at Pine's lab for a while before this?

You did indeed answer me very well. But... As for an example to 3., I don't quite know how to present it without seeming pretentious. Something along the lines of someone not interested in becoming a trainer coming to the lab for whatever reason frequently, maybe just studying/apprenticing, and running into a pokemon (their would-be starter) often enough it grows attached to them, which the professor eventually brings up and has them put together. Not against the trainer's will, of course. xP

Dr. Paine ~ yeah, sorry, I forgot xP well, it is ok, there is no problem about it biggrin.gif

Jeimuzu ~ well, it sounds good, sure, you can have your character meeting their first pkmn that way. But it will still be randomized, although, due to the nature of your "encounter" it will be randomized between your 3 choices. But don't put the same pkmn 3 times either xd.pngrolleyes.gif

Name: Serena Silverton

Appearance: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fil...Silver_Lyra.png

Personality: Full of life and energy, Serena can hardly wait to start on her Pokemon journy. She may look cute but she is surprising stubborn, and dreams of becoming the first ever 'triple threat' pokemon trainer ( good in battles, contests and pokeathelon). She is true as steel to her friends which she is actually quite good at making, and can't stand to see anyone in trouble; though she doesn't have any use for those who mistreat their pokemon or use them to do harm to others. She would like whatever pokemon she gets to be her very best friend; and while battles will certainly be important, she firmly believes that that isn't ALL there is to pokemon, certainly they should never be taken to the point where winning is all that matters. She has a bit of a temper, as those who end up on her bad side come to find; but her general attitude is bold and brave but compassionate. Her biggest fault is probably her tendancy to be a bit disorganized... her room at her house is a mess!

History: Her family, consisting of her mom, dad and two sisters, moved to Nut Town, in the Broskii region when she was ten and in the process of moving and getting settled, they just couldn't spare her for long enough to allow her to travel and train pokemon. Serena also thinks perhaps that part of the issue may have been that her mom was uncomfortable with the idea of her being on the road as a trainer on her own, as she is very protective of her and her sisters. Now that their lives are settled down, her mother has finally agreed that she can be spared ( and is mature enough ) to allow her to take a pokemon journy on her own. She always loved it when traveling trainers came to town and always wanted to see their pokemon, and so she actually knows quite a bit about a variety of types. She has also attended a few other events, such as contests and pokeathelon, since she moved to Broskii, so battles are not the only pokemon activity she wants to be involved in. Whatever she chooses, her parents want for her to do her very best, and she is determined to make them proud.

Starter Choice: Vulpix or Meowth, please!

Edited by LeopardDragon

I just realized something... Kaiser, are you imposing the four-move limit on rp'ers? Or are you going to drop it? A lot of pokemon rps do drop the four-move cap because they find it unrealistic/bogs down the rp. -shrug-

That's all ^^

Name: Xaime Diomedes (often referred to using his last name)

Appearance: Diomedes is slimly built, measuring a height of 5"5 - measured with ease by the fact he always stands with his back straight, combined with normally folded arms to make for a relatively confident if cocky appeal. His hair, while seen as blond in the light of the sun, has been darkening over the years to an oaky brunette, and his eyes are a deep maroon. His clothing does rarely vary; he has two headbands, both black, one featuring the number 9 and the other the number 4, both being displayed in orange. He is short-sighted (physically, not mentally), and so often wears a pair of shaded red glasses, the rim of which rests halfway between his pupils, giving his gaze an unnerving edge. - Clicky

Personality: To those that don't know him, Diomedes seems to present himself clearly; A cold, calculating male, capable of doing things by himself and happy to keep it that way. And he upholds this - kind of like a test of the individual. To those that seem to want to know him, he is actually relatively cheerful, content to help and has a flair for humour. He is very intelligent an individual and applies his knowledge how he deems it to work best, though another way to describe the rest of his behaviour is... Impish. While he can be lazy and unmotivated, the prospect of competition of challenge unleashes a fire from within him, and he has a great deal of pride - not in himself, but in those around him, and what he may work towards. Despite his distinct lack of any real or close friends, he is incredibly loyal and readily caring.

History: Diomedes lived with his parents in the small house before the exit-entrance to Greenwood forest, and, upon reaching ten years of age, despite the commute from his home to the lab, he turned down Professor Pine's offered starter pokemon on the grounds that he doubted his ability to befriend pokemon in general, and was rather intimidated by the concept of the vast journey. He instead requested to study under the professor, apprenticing under him at the lab. Though, all the while, the professor retained the pokemon that would have been Diomedes' new companion - and the two are often seen together, more and more lately as the pokemon strives to prove its worth and affections to the would-be trainer that first seemed so unwilling.

Starter Choice: Feebas, Mudkip, Joltik

Edited by Jeimuzu

ok, ok, LeopardDragon and Jeimuzu, both accepted, you can begin now. Start your first post with the day your jouney begins and end it with the momment you get to Prof. Pine's lab and the machine began swirling between the shapes of your possible starter choices. smile.gif

Dr. Paine, well, yeah, I don't follow that rule, since it would make us believe pkmn have amnesia or something, no, they can still use all the moves they've learned, so don't worry about keeping just 4 laugh.gif

and something I would like to point, please use this format when writing: use color for your character's words and thoughts, and use italic to difference the thoughts from the actual said words, that way we will avoid missunderstandings between characters.

Will do ^^ By the way, you may want to keep a record of any IC posts from now on, since the mods may wipe after we start...

^^ I'll try to keep my posts saved, just in case... by the way, did I do the intro right? I didn't want to actually take over Pine's character aside from what you said to post, so I just had Madison ignore most of what was said xd.png

yeah, don't worry, it is quite fine, I'll post your reply soon biggrin.gif

LeopardDragon ~ by the looks of your post I assume that the surprise is going to be the pkmn right?

EDIT: nevermind, I see you've edited it, I read the first edition xP

Edited by RyuKaiser