TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Tree Decorating Contest

Here's how it works:

• You have 12 days (Starting on Christmas, we're on day 3 right now) to obtain ornaments. You have to visit your tree every day to grab the ornaments, and you're free to start decorating as you see fit.

• You can decorate using as many (or few) decorations as you choose.

• After the 12 days are up (IE on the 6th), you will have two days to decorate your trees with your final set of ornaments. Midnight January 9, editing will be locked.

• During the editing period on the 6th through the 8th, there will be an option to submit your tree to the contest.

• Starting on the January 9, a scroll link for rating trees will appear near the "Review Descriptions"

• From January 9 until midnight on January 16 (exactly 7 days), users will be able to rate trees (on a scale of 1-10) anonymously. Users may rate as many trees as they wish, but each user will only be able to vote on any given tree once.

• After user voting is over, the top 200 will become finalists and from those, I will pick 5 first place winners, 10 second place winners, 15 third place winners, and 20 honorable mentions.

• Winners will be "announced" (AKA contacted via e-mail) on the 20th.

• After winners are announced, all trees will be publicly viewable and editing will be re-opened.

The Prizes:

• The first, second, and third place winners will each receive a variant of a never-before-seen dragon. Let's call these variants gold, silver, and bronze. First place gets the gold variant, second place gets the silver variant, third place gets the bronze variant.

• Gold prize dragons can breed more gold prize dragons, silver can breed more silver, bronze can breed more bronze. There will be no limits on how many of these dragons you can have.

• Honorable Mention winners are allowed to request an egg of their choice.

• Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

• Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).
  • First, second, and third place winners may choose to request an egg instead of a prize dragon (same choices as honorable mentions). If this happens, a random winner from the rank below will be chosen to receive the prize in their place.

• Custom dragon codes are available upon request.

• All eggs given to winners/honorable mentions will "CB" and will be safeguarded against sickness.
Any questions?

~To clear up any question you have, about posting tree images/links.~

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=109966

Edited by _Z_

Day 1:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-Dis

Theme: Basic Baubles

Day 2

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-Corteo, Wynni, Starscream, Starscream, Skinst, TheAntimonyElement.

Theme: Red

Day 3

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-Earthgirl, Earthgirl, LadyLyzar, JOTB, Kuraianubis, TheAntimonyElement.

Theme: Red/Brown..ish?

Day 4

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-Rosella Surmane, Dolphinsong (lights), Starscream, Starscream, Skinst, Earthgirl

Theme: Purple

Day 5

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-Wynni, Wynni, Earthgirl, JOTB, Lyssie.

Theme: Fiiive golldenn thiiings.

Day 6

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-Earthgirl, Earthgirl, Kuraianubis, Starscream, TheAntimonyElement, Earthgirl, Pa Tone.

Theme: Red/Long ornaments.

Day 7 Blue

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-Lyssie, Starscream, Skinst, TheAntimonyElement, TheAntimonyElement, Earthgirl, Earthgirl, Bernouli.

Theme: Can you not tell D:? BLOO!

Day 8

- Earthgirl, JOTB, Starscream, Skinst, TheAntimonyElement, Earthgirl, Earthgirl.

Theme: Yellow.

Day 9

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

- Starscream, TheAntimonyElement, Earthgirl, Kuraianubis, Umbreonage.

Theme: Silver.

Day 10

- JOTB, Starscream, Starscream, Skinst, TheAntimonyElement, TheAntimonyElement, Earthgirl

Theme: Green/Hide in your treeeez

Day 11

- silvanon, Silvanon, Marrionetta, Kuraianubis, Starscream.

Theme: Nature-y things...and sometimes a potato.

Day 12

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

TJ, TJ, Kuraianubis, Kuraianubis (western), JOTB, JOTB (eastern), JOTB, JOTB (parrot), Umbreonage, Umbreonage (Star).

user posted image - Wynni (appears on day 6) user posted image - Sif (appears on day 8)

user posted image - Sif (appears on day 9) user posted image - Dolphinsong (appears on day 12)

Border

user posted image - Skinst

user posted image - Lyssie

user posted image - Wynni

user posted image - Earthgirl

Tree - Silvanon

Main border - Skinst

Presents - Sif

Edited by Dis

Cool. and soon almost every one can probley pick up the other dragons the gold silver and bronze. cant wait i would take honorable mention honstly

One question, will the prize eggs be breedable for just yourself, or can they be abandoned for other people?

Cool, the prizes will be breedable. :D

Also, I have a hypothetical question: Would honorable mentions be able to request Thuweds?

Edited by satyr76

You seem to have your dates wrong. December 8 was rather a while ago.

Can the runner-ups bypass the usual scroll limits with their prize dragon? Have three GoNs, or the like?

Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: ... dragons for which you are already at the limit ...

Awesome!

If someone wanted to be absurdly picky and ask for a dragon with a specific code, would that be allowed if it's not taken? I am stupid and can't read, never mind. xd.png

How about CB alts?

Edited by w4rg4zm

Sweet, im trying not to get my hopes up but i think this will be really fun!

It's also great to know that these dragons can breed!

Thanks - blackberry

Gold prize dragons can breed more gold prize dragons, silver can breed more silver, bronze can breed more bronze. There will be no limits on how many of these dragons you can have.

i like the idea of this great prices

Cool, the prizes will be breedable. biggrin.gif

Also, I have a hypothetical question: Would honorable mentions be able to request Thuweds?

All eggs given out will be "CB."

I'd never even heard of X D or <3 eggs! ...But apparently they don't really exist! ninja.gif

Can't wait for more ornaments to decorate my tree!!! And I love that the dragon prizes can breed!!! That's totally awesome!

Edited by Fatelaughs

Oh, thank you for the explanation! Sounds awesome - and very fair all around. I should think this would resolve all the concerns people have brought up regarding the process.

I'm even more excited now!

*very much hoping to win something*

Honestly, I think I'd be equally happy with any placing there. And regardless of whether I place, I'm happy that all the dragons will be breedable. At least there's some chance!

Edited by Imbecamiel

Are Leetle Trees included as a possible choice ?

Edited by dragonpuck

Awesome. This assuages some of my concerns and makes me even more excited! biggrin.gif

Thanks, TJ and spriters, for this great opportunity!

that a question i have can the custom code be more then just 4 letters or what?

Well it has to be a valid code...(and available)