Danniphantom

New Emoticons

There are only so many emoticons available for us to use on the DCF I suggest that more be added. Such as awesome face: user posted image etc. It would be nice to see more emoticons...

Sock updating with Suggestions:

~!~

user posted image from http://role-player.net/forum/usercp.php

TPishek

Hmm... I do have to say squintyface would be an awesome edition....

user posted image

Not to mention flail, for those moments when your dragons make a shiny.

user posted image

Soruc The Dragon

They should add this Emoticon for the mods: user posted image

user posted image <---- This would be a good one for rofl or X D.

This is the site if anyone's interested.

Fiona BlueFire

user posted imageuser posted image

Red2111

- :like: user posted image - this is the popular Face Book button. its used to indicate when a perosn "Likes" something and has replaced the "thumbsup" smilie

- :opps: user posted image - used to indicate embrassement and often in apologies

- :wtf: user posted image - used to express not only confusiong but generally to ask "wtf" or "da faq was that"

- user posted image would be a good replacement for ohmy.gif as it better expresses the emotion of OMG!

- user posted image can be added in addition to or replace mad.gif as it better illistrates the frustration and general outrage most of us feel (like with mis clicks and metals once again refusing to breed or rejecting a mate)

- >.< user posted image indicates doing a bonehead move or being annoyed

- :not worthy: user posted image - used for xpressing the unworthiness of a nice gift or to express our gratitude to the lovely mods and admins of this site

- :headdesk: user posted image - used to express the ulitmate frustration for what ever reason.

- :hissyfit: user posted image - cause sometimes sad.gif just doesn't cover exactly how upset you are at missing that CB gold

- :dance: user posted image - becuase everyone needs to celebrate

- :shifty: user posted image - is one of my personal favorites, as Mr. Shifty indicates both that you are playfully up to no good and that you arebeing rather mischeivious.

- :evil: user posted image - because soemtimes you just want to laugh meniacally

- :hyper: user posted image - successfully encompasses the emotion we all potray when capturing a CB Metal or getting a low gen Prize Dragon

- :chill: user posted image - easier to use than typing out "take a chill pill" or "chill dude"

- :2cents: user posted image - everyone likes to add their 2 cents, and likes to inform people that "thats just my 2 cents"

- user posted image replaces cool.gif - because black glasses on a smilie are so 1999. *kudos to anyone who gets the referance btw*

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I would like some more, but not large animated ones and not so many it becomes a chore to go through them.

I would loovvee these! Also some edits, to me, the laugh.gif face should replace the biggrin.gif Face and the xd.png face is the lol face. I mean, When you actually type it out, or type Colon D out, it looks super happy and this face doesn't look super happy... I would love more though, because sometimes I can't find the right face!

This comes up periodically and always gains a fair bit of support. I wouldn't mind more. :3

One I'd want is the carp Wookie sprited. :B

I'd really rather not have to weed through any more gifs when I'm trying to see what someone has posted. But then I'm an old stick in the mud who doesn't like emoticons and wishes all the kids would type in proper punctuated english like they were writing an English paper.

*goes back to shaking her stick and people and yelling at them to get off her thread*

*edits and turns a bit red*

Edited by Eluin Gentry

I'd really rather not have to weed through any more gifs when I'm trying to see what someone has posted. But then I'm an old stick in the mud who doesn't like emoticons and wishes all the kids would type in proper punctuated english like they were writing an english paper.

*goes back to shaking her stick and people and yelling at them to get off her thread*

*English

Joking aside, sure, why not. Personally I don't like seeing smilies and would want some way to turn off viewing them without turning off viewing images, but for people who want them, why not?

Just... don't go into dA's crazywhoa number of smilies. Please.

I think that we don't need more emoticons. If you feel that you need more to choose from, go to cosgan.de or use some add-on for your browser.

I'd kinda like one for the :3 face, ahahaha... xd.png

Hmm... I do have to say squintyface would be an awesome edition....

user posted image

Not to mention flail, for those moments when your dragons make a shiny.

user posted image

I'd really like to have replacements for some of the butt-ugly ones.

biggrin.gif looks like. . .I dunno, I just hate it.

They should add this Emoticon for the mods: user posted image I saw that and I couldn't help myself.

Edited by Soruc The Dragon

Just... don't go into dA's crazywhoa number of smilies. Please.

Yesplz. DA has waaaay too many smilies. >_<

Lawl, I do want that spam. I don't want one of the :3 face however, because I like to use it and NOT have an emote pop up, especially when I don't want to turn the emote's off, because I wanna say alot.png. D:

user posted imageuser posted image

*noms*

Have a cookie!

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

While we're on the topic, is there a way to make :ninja: show the same smiley as the phear or whatever it was one? Not all of us use l337-speak.

Yesplz. DA has waaaay too many smilies. >_<

Lawl, I do want that spam. I don't want one of the :3 face however, because I like to use it and NOT have an emote pop up, especially when I don't want to turn the emote's off, because I wanna say alot.png. D:

Mmm.... How about one that makes a :3 face, but you have to type something other than ':3' to make it show up, like the : lol : face?

I don't support this idea.

DC has plenty of emoticons already, and more would be overkill.

I think I also found a site for Emoticons.

Just right click the smileys and select 'properties' and copy the link and paste it then put IMG brackets around it.

I'll post an example if I can find the site again.

EDIT: Found it.

user posted image <---- This would be a good one for rofl or X D.

This is the site if anyone's interested.

Edited by Soruc The Dragon

I'm all for more smilies, but I'd prefer if the text emoticons didn't automatically turn into smilies. For instance, I could type xd.png if I want to say "XD," but if I want to say user posted image I can say something like :rofl: instead.

On the topic of adding emoticons: user posted image

Because sometimes you feel Sauron-ish, that's why.

(From here.)

Edited by ~!~

On the topic of adding emoticons: user posted image

Because sometimes you feel Sauron-ish, that's why.

(From here.)

O_O Do want that one.

Carp, spam, and Saruon's Eye are the ones I vote to be added first. x3

If you're gonna add more moving smilies, can a way to block all smiley images first be implemented? They are really annoying, and you just know they're gonna be used a lot >.>

personally I support it, because I find that emocons allow a person to express the way they feel, better.. however, I don't think their should be so many that you have to sit and choose which one you want you know?.. like basically saying, no duplicates.

I'd really rather not have to weed through any more gifs when I'm trying to see what someone has posted. But then I'm an old stick in the mud who doesn't like emoticons and wishes all the kids would type in proper punctuated english like they were writing an English paper.

If you're gonna add more moving smilies, can a way to block all smiley images first be implemented? They are really annoying, and you just know they're gonna be used a lot >.>

These two.

I'm not quite as extreme as Eluin, not wanting any smilies -- a few can be ok as emphasis -- but when they become the main content, or are glaringly or flashingly in your face, or are larger than the standard font size, or otherwise disrupt the flow of text, they get very annoying. Very fast. And writing comprehension is deteriorating enough as it is, without returning to trying to interpret meaning out of a picture book.

Edit to fix that "d" word that I knew wasn't quite right, but couldn't think of the first time.

Edited by bbik

These two.

I'm not quite as extreme as Eluin, not wanting any smilies -- a few can be ok as emphasis -- but when they become the main content, or are glaringly or flashingly in your face, or are larger than the standard font size, or otherwise disrupt the flow of text, they get very annoying. Very fast. And writing comprehension is deteriorating enough as it is, without returning to trying to interpret meaning out of a picture book.

Edit to fix that "d" word that I knew wasn't quite right, but couldn't think of the first time.

I didn't say I didn't want ANY. I said I didn't want any MORE. Many more smilies and this will turn into Gaia and I'll probably get irritated with this too. I already get mildly irritated when someone's siggy is bigger and attracts more attention than their actual post because it is distracting and makes it hard to focus on the thread. I'd rather see what someone wants to say, not the animated gifs they chose to go with it, especially when the gifs have nothing to do with what they are saying. Plus, and this is nothing against those of you that use those gifs, a lot of the people who use chatspeak exclusively also use a lot of gifs and smileys peppered through it. And I really hate chatspeak. I'm an English native speaker, but I have trouble translating chatspeak into basic English a lot of the time. Since that is the case, I feel really badly for those who are not English native speakers. If I have trouble, they must be completely lost.

I really really vote for a way to turn them off though. If a way to turn off the smilies were implemented, I'd vote for you lot to have all the smilies you wanted. If I can opt out of seeing them, they won't bother me.