Gsea

Warrior Cats Books!

what is your opinion on the warrior cats series?  

394 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just wanted to know your opinions. personally, i love this series. i see some of you have mywarriorcats adoptables, and i just finished the fourth book, so i wanted to ask players on DC. what do you think? please vote biggrin.gif and feel free to discuss it, as well. you can reply!

EDIT: oops...this should be on the books mini-forum, shouldn't it.

how do you "move" threads?

Edited by glamoursea2

Well, I think there's already a thread for warriors, and a mod will delete this before long.

oh. sorry.

could you give me a link to it, if you can find it? if it exists, then mods can close this... i guess.

Hate. Hate. Frigging hate.

And anyway, awhile back I made a thread about this. Might've been deleted though.

Just a heads up...This thread isn't a duplicate. The previous thread discussing the books (not the adoptables) had been deleted prior to the making of this one, due to no posting in it. wink.gif

Although it was in the wrong section, which has been corrected.

By the time I read the first, I was past (what I personally think was) the ideal age for reading this. Thus I found it stretched disbelief too far (I wanted to see some more cat-like behaviors and a more nuanced view of humans) and wasn't very engaging regardless of whether it made sense or not (your mileage may vary).

It's more of a 'why the heck would many like this?' than 'I actually hate this'.

I actually like the Warriors series. The English in the books is right on the level that I can understand everything. Quite nice storyline even though it is a bit unbelievable some times. (could use a little more cat behaviour and nuance to humans as kadoatie said)

Right now I have read the first six books in the original series and is currently feasting on the super edition "Firestar's quest".

If anything I have a good time practising my English reading.

Eh. It's just...meh. I used to really like them, now I think they're okay. The first arc was pretty good, the second was okay, the third one was boring as heck, and the fourth is, once again, okay. :/ The manga are also meh, except for the one about Scourge--that was good.

One emoticon: wub.gif The 3rd series stunk, but the others are pretty good...

I need to get me a copy of "Fading Echoes"... biggrin.gif

My problem was with them is that I am a major fan of Tailchaser's Song, another book about cats. I could not help but compare the two and I found Warriors lacking in comparison.

The names got me big time. I know that names are based on rank, but to me the author should have found another way to designate rank. The changing already similar names really bugs me and makes it harder to follow than it should be.

Edited by Nectaris

oh gosh i read the whole first serease i loved it but when i opened the first book to the first book to the second series and read a few pages i hated it.

The first series was the best, the second series was alright, the third series rolled downhill faster than a fat kittypet. They need Tigerstar to reincarnate! He made all the action.

*Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight's kit is born*

Brambleclaw: Oh, he looks just like my daddy! *pauses* Uh oh...

Kit: Hello son. I have come to haunt you!

One emoticon: wub.gif The 3rd series stunk, but the others are pretty good...

I need to get me a copy of "Fading Echoes"... biggrin.gif

Agree with this rather old quote. smile.gif

I'm an obsessive reader and with warriors I'm waiting for the next book the day after a book comes out I'm a member of warrior forums, I draw warriors, I even write my own version! and the moment the online warrior game comes out I'm heading straight for it! I'v been reading them for 4 and 1/2 years(maybe more)(plus I have two cats) I'm a teenager and would live the life of a warrior if I ever got the chance

Edited by Burnt rose

OMG I LOVE WARRIORS!!!!!! I think Erin Hunter is getting a bit stupid though...

Edited by Stunningfire

I have not read any of them. I didn't know the series existed until a while ago.

I do adore cats, so I plan to read at least the first book. tongue.gif

Love love love love Wariors!!!!! laugh.gif One of my favorite book series and I'm a huge cat lover which makes it better.

Meh.

The first series is good for younger kids. The ones after that just went downhill. I never really even cared about the third series.

The names were terrible. I couldn't remember them for the life of me. And they kept changing too.

I still love the series!

here's my ranking of each one, though...(excluding special editions)

1. Original Series

2. Omen of the Stars

3. New Prophecy

4. Power of Three.

but they were all awesome.