TJ09

2012-03-28 - IRC is looking for HOps!

The #dc IRC channel (and the affiliated #dctrades channel) is looking for people to become half-ops. Half-ops are, as their name implies, less than full "chat mods," but still have most of the same powers. They are still responsible for maintaining order in the chat and upholding its rules, however.

To apply, send me a PM explaining why you think you'd be a good choice. Listing past experience with IRC is a good idea, too.

Despite having no official modly duties, I'm going to insist on the same requirements as mods:

• Don't post here with your application. Posts don't magically turn into PMs.
  • Make it clear in subject of the PM that you're applying for op-ship or it may be misfiled or ignored.
  • You must be at least level 3. (A.K.A have at least 100 posts)
  • Being on good terms with the current mods (especially the current chat mods) is a plus.
  • You must have at most a current warn level of 10%. Past warn history will be taken into account, but we're not going to penalize you too much.
  • Application Deadline: Midnight EST, April 5 (If your PM says "April 5," you're too late.

lol april 5 is my birthday ><

not going to apply but good luck for those who are applying!

Edited by 626lavaheart

Oh, neat. smile.gif I would apply, but I don't know IRC that well.

Good luck to the applicants! \ o /

I will ~probably~ be applying.

edit; when I first read the title of this thread, I read that DC was looking for HOs tongue.gif

Edited by predatorfan4ever

If you're applying to be a halfOP, I would suggest that you know the IRC system like the back of your hand. Which is why I'm not applying as of yet. *nods*

oooh, more hops eh?

I don't know what IRC is, so I'm not going to apply tongue.gif

But I'd like to send a good luck and congratulations to whoever becomes one :3

I go on all the time. Hope I get accepted >.<

I won't be applying, I don't know the IRC that well. Good luck to those applying!

I'm not going to apply. I spend more time on the forums than the IRC. But good luck to those who did!

I would totally apply if I didn't have a nasty power complex.

Why are we all posting reasons why we might or might not be posting?

Edited by Kirbyburn

I might apply. I mean, I'm constantly on there anyways. I've also been on there for quite a while, so I think I know enough to be of some help haha. Good luck to everyone who applies! smile.gif

Edited by Qualeo

I was going to make a joke about IRC doubling as a brewing factory, but I figured no one would get it and I would be warned or something.

Just felt like mentioning that. You all missed a great opportunity at some scathing wit from Nine, let me tell you...

naw, not gonna apply, i dont like the channel too much, but some current mods are very nice :3

Good luck to those applying. ^^

I haven't been on IRC much lately, so I don't think I'd have time to take care of a trade channel anyway. tongue.gif

Ah, alas. I'd pitch in an application but my adaptive programs prevent me from using IRC. Good luck to applicants though!

I'm not gonna apply. I'm too young to understand what this is >_<

Edited by girlfairy76