Crystalluna

Add egg description to encyclopedia entries?

Sometimes, I look at a lineage and think: "Okay, I need to go catch another cb of this dragon so that I can continue this". But there are many dragons that I haven't memorised the egg descriptions for, especially the more common ones. It's not too difficult to quickly go that dragon's wikipedia page to check, but I think it would be much easier if you could just click on the dragon's species name and immediately find the egg description on its encyclopedia page.

This isn't a huge concern, so I understand if it doesn't get more attention. It's just something that I think would help save people time. If spoilers are an issue, it could be coded to only show up after a certain amount of that species are raised, like the observations.

Edited by Crystals

For interest sake, here's the original suggestion on adding all descriptions to the encyclopedia: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=164600 Going to leave both threads open, as that's for all stages and this is for eggs.

(To note, TJ did leave a comment about breed descriptions there, but that might not be as big of a problem just for egg descriptions.)

Also for interest sake, here's a suggestion on adding breed names to egg descriptions once you have the encyclopedia entry unlocked: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=166285

~

Anyway, I don't really mind this, but I don't think it'll make hunting any easier on me personally because it seems just as easy to look it up in the wiki.

Recently, sites like wikia have been freezing up on me a lot. Off-site resources might not be available, so adding it to the site itself seems desirable. After all, it's not like you can collect an egg to keep its description *pokes threads about keeping eggs*

Perhaps it could be possible to collect all the descriptions, just starting with the egg one? It could be a new section, like 'diet' and 'habitat' and 'hatchling behaviour'.

Perhaps you have to catch an egg from the cave in order to unlock the egg description - or a certain number of eggs? It could be a new stat, like eggs seen and eggs raised, etc.

However, that comes with the drawback of people who are rubbish at catching (like me, who was proud and very surprised at catching a Spessartine) probably won't get to unlock these.

So maybe catching the eggs is only necessary for blockerish breeds, and simply viewing is enough for rares?

The thought is that if you have to pick up some blocker eggs of different breeds from the cave, it'll give some incentive to grabbing them, and either keeping or dumping them. Either way, more blockers get raised.

*throws random thoughts at thread*