Shajana

More releases/ Bigger releases

What is the highest number of new breeds would you be willing to accept per-month?  

597 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Many "old" users have mostly all dragons on dc and it takes months until we maybe get a new release. We always get 1 new dragon, if we have luck we may become 2 new species.

I read again that many users are sad that all the "good" and rare releases ar in the Alpine or Desert.

My idea is to release dragons more often, maybe every month? If the 1x per month releases are too much for TJ or the other users, then we could do bigger releases? Like 3-4 or maybe more dragons or where we will get one species for every biome.

Very often I have to read that many users are sad, because they have problems to catch those new dragons, but

1. they are permanent releases, so you have a lot of time to catch an egg of them one day

2. if we have bigger releases no one can focus on 1 new dragon and more people have a chance to catch a new dragon on the release day (or at least 1-2 egg from all them).

We have so many amazing dragons in the Dragon Requests but mosts of them never can be releases because 1 dragon in 2-3 months is far too low for all those beautiful works.

Let me know what you think about it. smile.gif

FULL support! Please and thank you.

More releases for the jungle and forest would be great. The addition of new biomes would certainly help get something like this going as well.

Isn't the reason those two biomes get the most releases is because they have the fewest breed types? If people make more breeds that can be shoved in at once.. we should just do a massive release, get all the biomes evened out, and keep ourselves busy. No matter if we just have one egg released, or 9 at once, people are going to complain about not seeing any. I would rather have a ton of breeds to have the chance to catch, than just one or two in an already over packed biome. We survived the neo release, we could survive another 9 breeds at once tongue.gif

Unfortunately I have to say no about this suggestion.

Not only the 1 release per month is going to produce 12 releases + the event releases, but also the more massive releases are going to most likely cause stress and frustration to other players. At one point, I remember clearly people complaining about there being too many releases at one point.

Then there are projects going on. When there are constantly coming more and more and more releases, one has to ask at one point: "When do I have the time to do my lineage projects when there are so many releases going on? When do I have time to collect all the dragons I'm intending to collect?"

Surely, there are people who may collect only 2-4 pairs and possibly every frozen hatchling. But we have to also remember the people, who have larger projects or collections going on.

I am, for example, trying to make 6th Evengen Purebred dragons out of all possible breeds. Can't say that it is going well when I sometimes am watching quite helplessly the amount of the dragons I need to collect at times. Surely, I could do it better if I focused on one breed at the time. But I don't have the mentality to concentrate on single breed for too long time.

So... as good as more breeds would sound like, and would clear up the completed requests section more effectively, I have to say no, because people need to have some time to actually get their projects done at some point between the releases and have some sort of break too.

Edited by Moonlightelf

My idea is to release dragons more often, maybe every month? If the 1x per month releases are too much for TJ or the other users, then we could do bigger releases? Like 3-4 or maybe more dragons or where we will get one species for every biome.

If you check DC timeline, you'll see that for the last two years, we've had a release every month, except for the ones between holidays.

ETA: because I posted part of the posts in wrong thread xd.png *flies away*

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Unfortunately I have to say no about this suggestion.

Not only the 1 release per month is going to produce 12 releases + the event releases, but also the more massive releases are going to most likely cause stress and frustration to other players. At one point, I remember clearly people complaining about there being too many releases at one point.

I dont understand the "i have to have this right when it releases" craze. There are tons of breeds I still do not own. There are quite a few I dont actively collect.. unless someone gives me something as a hatchy. I would rather have a ton of choices at once for things to hunt, instead of just one egg, in an already overly popular biome. I have what i need of everything I /wanted/ to collect. Now i collect things I dont really like to pass the time between releases, in order to help the cave move for everyone else. Breeding no longer interests me, collecting the things I used to be insane over.. has gotten boring.

I dont bother keeping any new releases I catch outside of maybe one or two I catch during the first rush. I know they will be there later, so I'll wait for them to hit blocker status. More often than not its because the colors dont interest me, or its just something I dont really have a need to collect. I would much rather have choices between several breeds than just go "oh, another pink one" and write it off as something to do later.

Edited by Thuban

I like this. I'm slowly drifting away from the main game simply because I'm running out of things to collect. The more releases per year the better, IMHO.

As for those who complain?

Not everything has to be grabbed straight away. I joined last year and had a TON of dragons to collect. Now I'm about three quarters of the way with having all the sprites. Perseverance and patience. More releases more often, pl0x :3

I dont understand the "i have to have this right when it releases" craze. There are tons of breeds I still do not own.

Sometimes I don't understand it myself either about why I am crazed over the releases at first. But then we have case of Blusang, yeah... how long it has been since the release? Some still don't have even one CB Bluang. And they have gotten goddess knows how rare now. Surely, there are projects which offers Blusangs for certain conditions. But some can't fulfill those conditions. Nor do they have anything to trade with because of their playing style.

There are quite a few I dont actively collect.. unless someone gives me something as a hatchy. I would rather have a ton of choices at once for things to hunt, instead of just one egg, in an already overly popular biome. I have what i need of everything I /wanted/ to collect. Now i collect things I dont really like to pass the time between releases, in order to help the cave move for everyone else. Breeding no longer interests me, collecting the things I used to be insane over.. has gotten boring.

I can understand that some have only certain goals that get fulfilled quickly. Some get their goals fulfilled very quickly. Some take longer time. For some it takes only few weeks to complete. However, no one is forcing you to spend time collecting breeds you don't like to collect or that no longer interests you. Surely, breeding can become quite boring at times, though at times one may end up reviving some projects they have at some point, when they are more or less boring. It is just matter of point of view on how you look at the game at times.

Thus, just because someone is bored and doesn't know how to spend time between the releases, doesn't mean that others' should suffer from it by getting their time cut between the releases. Surely, more choices would be wonderful, but with that comes indecisiveness of what to do next for those, who already have a lot of projects to go through. "Should I get that breed?" "Is that breed going to be rare? Should I collect it so I can finish that project sooner?" "What if it becomes a burden to me?"

I dont bother keeping any new releases I catch outside of maybe one or two I catch during the first rush. I know they will be there later, so I'll wait for them to hit blocker status.

Not all breeds hit blocker status though. Nebula, Blacks and some other more wanted breeds are wonderful examples of breeds, which haven't become blockers for longer time. Therefore, you can't really expect other people to wait and see if they become blocker breeds. Releases may actually be the very only thing that gives some newer and some older players to have something, what is worth to trade with, even if it were for very short time.

Edited by Moonlightelf

There used to be bigger releases. You can see a list of the past releases here. I believe people used to complain because it was too hectic because everyone was scrambling to grab more than they could actually hold with their egg limits. At least with only one or two dragons released, most people tend to get their share quicker.

Though I'd personally love bigger releases. smile.gif Having a lot of everything already, I'd love the challenge to have to go and collect again to reach my scroll goals. happy.gif

In terms of the biomes though, I think the only solution is for people to make more concepts for the other biomes! smile.gif I'd prefer to see TJ release dragons that are really pretty and suit DC really well than passing over some of the better suited ones and going for an ill fitting one, just because of its biome. If we give him a bigger pool to choose from, I'm sure that'll help. happy.gif

Not all breeds hit blocker status though. Nebula, Blacks and some other more wanted breeds are wonderful examples of breeds, which haven't become blockers for longer time. Therefore, you can't really expect other people to wait and see if they become blocker breeds. Releases may actually be the very only thing that gives some newer and some older players to have something, what is worth to trade with, even if it were for very short time.

Nebs arent that hard to find, blacks are not rares (i see 3-4 on average per hourly), despite people claiming them to be. Im seeing at least 10-15 a day of blacks, 20+ cb metals a week (averaging something like 3 a day that i see and dont click), and at least 10-15 or so stripes in the short (as in no longer than thirty minutes) a day i spend actually hunting.

Just because ratios are funky doesnt mean that having a large release happen would be a huge issue. I would rather have one large release followed by a good 6-8 weeks of no new releases, then only see 1-2 breeds released at a time every month. I dont particularly care whats released, or even how often, but releases could be done more regularly.

one breed a month = 12 breeds not including holidays a year

4 releases of 9 breeds a year = 36 breeds.

even if its just 2-3 breeds every 6 weeks or so.. its plenty of time for people to get at least their first sprites for the breeds.

Full support for this from me. :D I would love more releases. I've been drifting away from the game myself because I run out of things to collect.

I would love to see releases every month or every 6 weeks of at least two breeds. And if people are worried about holiday releases, there could simply not be a normal release in that month. o3o

I can't support more multiple releases but more regular single releases would be just grand.

There have to be good dragons that fit somewhere other than alpine( though I always think of dragons as a mountain denizen wink.gif )

My breeding projects keep me pretty busy and a regular release of new dragons would probably drive me crazy because of limited egg slots but over all, I think I would like the influx of new breeds on a more regular basis. biggrin.gif

and I might get the last CB gold I need while everyone is new dragon hunting xd.png

Edited by dragonpuck

We survived Mod Mayhem with I think it was 4 new dragons? I'd personally love to see more breeds released at once as me too, I have everything and it does get a little boring after some time. Okay, releasing more species at once means more "stress" for new users but hey I didn't get my whole collection within one month and I don't really think that this is the "goal" of this game wink.gif

I dont understand the "i have to have this right when it releases" craze. There are tons of breeds I still do not own. There are quite a few I dont actively collect.. unless someone gives me something as a hatchy. I would rather have a ton of choices at once for things to hunt, instead of just one egg, in an already overly popular biome.

The reason is quite simple: Rare and uncommon dragons are easiest to catch when they're freshly released, ideally within the first hour or so. The longer you wait to get them, the harder they are to get. For people who have neither perfect internet, mega-reflexes nor endless patience, this is the only way to get things without waiting months on end and hoping for a ton of luck to bite them.

I have an obsession to grab new dragons when they're first released, so, I'm kind of in the middle here.

On one hand, yay, new dragons! Like a new dragon each month! It makes it cool to see the different ideas that people have made! And it makes scrolls prettier!

On the other hand, people like me will be overwhelmed. Right now, I'm stuck in three things: drawing, talking with my friend on Skype through typing, and trying to catch the new release. In short, I'm overwhelmed. Having these each month will either make people happy or make people overwhelmed, especially if it's so hard to catch the dragons.

So, maybe one release every... two months? With two dragons released each time? Or varying between one and two dragons, and sometimes three? (And make it way easier to catch when they're first released. It makes the strain on those like me much less.)

MOAR releases is good with me. I think with the increased egg slots we're good to handle multiples.

The reason is quite simple: Rare and uncommon dragons are easiest to catch when they're freshly released, ideally within the first hour or so. The longer you wait to get them, the harder they are to get. For people who have neither perfect internet, mega-reflexes nor endless patience, this is the only way to get things without waiting months on end and hoping for a ton of luck to bite them.

This. sad.gif

Nebs arent that hard to find, blacks are not rares (i see 3-4 on average per hourly), despite people claiming them to be. Im seeing at least 10-15 a day of blacks, 20+ cb metals a week (averaging something like 3 a day that i see and dont click), and at least 10-15 or so stripes in the short (as in no longer than thirty minutes) a day i spend actually hunting.

Note that some can't even see the same things as you do. And the people who have bad connections, bad reflexes or are away from cave due to other reason. Some may have not even seen CB metal during half a year.

Just because ratios are funky doesnt mean that having a large release happen would be a huge issue. I would rather have one large release followed by a good 6-8 weeks of no new releases, then only see 1-2 breeds released at a time every month. I dont particularly care whats released, or even how often, but releases could be done more regularly.

even if its just 2-3 breeds every 6 weeks or so.. its plenty of time for people to get at least their first sprites for the breeds.

May be plenty of time for some lucky users, and people with time to hunt. Some don't have time to hunt and would have to try trading. Or try getting them by other means. 6 weeks or so to get first sprites?

I have actually good examples on that:

Lumina dragons were released on May 2012. It it was December 2012 when I got my first one from cave. And I was hunting for them and trying my best. I had no good connection at all.

Blusang lindwyrms came around August 2012. Still no Blusang caught, and it is what...? March 2013?

I have certain requirement of getting CBs and refuse to get someone else to breed me the 2nd gen PB dragons, because I have OCD-like mentality to replace PB dragons with someone else's CBs in their lineage, with CB or with a dragon I have bred myself. And I'd feel terrible, or someone else would feel terrible, if their precious gifted dragon would end up into wilderness because of my mentality.

Do I have to mention that for my friend, it took over a year to get their first Golden Wyvern? And that it wasn't even CB?

So no, 6 weeks or so isn't enough time "to get first sprites" at times. Especially when they are coveted as if they were the rarest thing ever.

Edited by Moonlightelf

I have the feeling some people forget to think about the fact that those dragon releases are permanent. You will be able to get those dragons, where is the problem when you don`t get your dragon on the first day?

I have the feeling some people forget to think about the fact that those dragon releases are permanent. You will be able to get those dragons, where is the problem when you don`t get your dragon on the first day?

Blusangs are permanent. Trihorns too. Also metallics. Actually I've seen more metals then blusangs lately. Just because a release is permanent doesn't mean everyone will be able to get them after the first flush of eggies.

Do like. I miss the days when we'd get 6+ breeds every release. Not EVERY release needs to be massive, certainly, but it'd be nice if we could still have the occasional big release now and then. If there's an issue with there being too many breeds, perhaps we could fall back on that seasonal suggestion where certain breeds could only be found as CBs during certain parts of the year.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

What I would love were regularreleases like every month - every 6 weeks - in months with holiday release no regular release - but then not ,ore then 1-2 breeds per release. More is just too much stress hunting.

That some dont even get them like 3-4 month later???

Even if permanent i havent been able to catch CB blusangs or Tsunamis since first day of release.

I am an "old user" and I have no great issue with the frequency of current releases. Yes, I have every single dragon except for the Frills and prize dragons, but every month sounds a bit much.

This would be "nice", but I'm not really in support of having releases every month.

Also, for those that say rares/uncommons are more available in the cave than others let on, who really has the time to be waiting in a biome for even one hour straight? As much as every user would love to do that, people here simply do not have enough time for that.

Rather than consecutive months, maybe if 2 to 3 dragons were recently every other month, that may be a little better due to attention being split up to catch each one of them. I have no idea of how TJ chooses which dragons to release, but it would be great if each of the simultaneous releases were in different biomes so the vast majority of us would not be piled into only one.