Dragonguy73

Roosters-Male Chickens

Now, I have looked across the site and saw people with chickens saying I WANT MOAR HENZ! At the moment, that is not possible, because there are no male chickens. All that should happen is that there would be a rare chance that a chick would grow up into a rooster, which would be a male chicken. All the information would be the same, except the gender and sprite. Of course, chickens would only be able to breed with chickens.

Another idea:

I support adding roosters. However, I don't think they should be able to breed. And I'm also opposed to having chickens and roosters, and not having a breed option. It's just too non-intuitive to have a male and a female of the same species and be unable to breed them together. (Also, we'd eternally be getting suggestion/request threads about allowing them to breed.)

My solution: include a breed option, but have the breeding result always be "The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was delicious."

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I wouldn't mind if they were implemented or not. I just wouldn't want the roosters to be tied to some future, hard-to-get method of hatching a Cockatrice... which aren't dragons anyways, I guess.

Because Cockatrices are just too awesome for any one scroll to contain.

I seem to recall someone posting a very nice rooster sprite in a thread discussing this, a very long time ago, and I think some people even had them in their sigs for a while, in support of the idea which actually seemed to be pretty popular at the time, if I remember correctly.

Of course, my recall-ery often gets wrong numbers...

Does this ring any bells for anyone else?

I'd like Roosters, I think. Maybe the cool down time for breeding them would be longer than for the dragons?

I seem to recall someone posting a very nice rooster sprite in a thread discussing this, a very long time ago, and I think some people even had them in their sigs for a while, in support of the idea which actually seemed to be pretty popular at the time, if I remember correctly.

Of course, my recall-ery often gets wrong numbers...

Does this ring any bells for anyone else?

Yes, there was a very nice rooster sprite floating around. I don't remember who made it.

I like the idea of male chickens.

Edited by purplehaze

I like the idea of roosters because they're pretty, but I don't like the idea of the chickens breeding. To me the chickens are like the dinos, not dragons and not breeding. Chicken lineages? It just seems weird.

I like the idea of roosters because they're pretty, but I don't like the idea of the chickens breeding. To me the chickens are like the dinos, not dragons and not breeding. Chicken lineages? It just seems weird.

i agree with this.

i've seen the rooster sprite and loved it and would support having them, but i wouldnt want them to be able to breed

Agreeing with ParticleSoup, it would be a cool thing to have but they should stay unbreedable.

This.

But I WANT a cockatrice. NOT the same thing as a rooster AT ALL !

Implement roosters, make them uncommon to rare (1 out of every 20 chickens is actually a rooster). Have roosters and chickens able to breed, but all they produce (on a "rare" setting) are cockatrices, which can't breed. So the only way to get a cockatrice is by breeding chickens; you can't have a chicken "lineage"; and something something I just woke up BUT I REALLY LIKE THIS IDEA.

But I don't have a single chicken, and I don't really care, I just think it would be cool. Heh.

I do not wish to breed chickens in anyway sence it is dragon cave not ecerything under the sun cave. I dont mind the rooster thing but your trying to rais dragons not a chicken farm.

I support the idea if the chickens stay unbreadable and only a rooster sprite is implemented but maybe making the egg a different color(don't wanna raise a bunch of chickens to get a rooster D:) and a cockatrice would be cool but as a separate dragon unrelated to the chicken eggs.

For those who want to know what it is:

The cockatrice is a mythological creature with the body of a dragon or serpent, and the head and legs of a rooster. According to myth, they are the product of a rooster egg (a rare thing indeed!) hatched by a serpent or toad. A magical creature, it can kill with a glance, and its breath is poisonous. The terms "cockatrice" and "basilisk" are usually used interchangeably.

I agree with this idea,would love to have a rooster smile.gif

Well,If it's a dragon's cave,why is there a chicken anyway?! To feed the dragons? to be a joke? rolleyes.gif

If TJ wants to have more creatures instead of only dragons,he just needs to change the cave's name.making them unbreedable won't change the fact that they are chickens,not dragons.

And if there's a chicken and not a rooster,that's unnatural and anatomically incorrect,since from a chicken egg can come out a chicken or a rooster,not only chickens.

Edited by Alexiel Dragoness

Gonna go ahead and say, "no" to making chickens breedable and "HECK NO" to having cockatrices come from them. I do not keep chickens and dinos on my scroll because they are not dragons, and it would annoy me to no end if I had to raise a carpload of chickens to get a cockatrice.

i agree with this.

i've seen the rooster sprite and loved it and would support having them, but i wouldnt want them to be able to breed

I agree with this. Chickens were originally introduced to the site as a sort of joke I think. They're not dragons and I see no reason why they should be treated the same.

I can see having hens and roosters because that's natural for a 50-50 gender chance, but I don't think it should go farther than that.

Chickens are one of the joke breeds within the cave. Joke breeds are just that, a joke. Thus they are not allowed to breed. Remember, this is DRAGONcave, not ANYTHINGcave

I don't understand why something has to be unbreedable to be a joke. I also don't understand why you can't just choose not to breed your chickens, if they are made breedable, if you don't think they should be bred. I, for instance, wouldn't really care if I lost the ability to breed my dragons, because I rarely, if ever, breed them. As such, I don't really care that they are breedable. It's pretty much the same way with chickens.

Whether they are breedable or not, however, doesn't eliminate the fact that chicks can grow up to be male or female, and so roosters would make a logical addition to the cave.

I like the idea of non-breeding roosters. They'd just be sort of an alt form of chickens then, which is kind of cool and cute, but doesn't change the game drastically.

I'd like Roosters, I think. Maybe the cool down time for breeding them would be longer than for the dragons?

Actually, if you think about it, in DC time, if it takes a few years (aka 7 days) for a dragon to grow up, then that means a chicken that breeds every few years.......well, logic makes no sense. Hens lay an egg every day, to the best of my knowledge, so if you were to factor that into dc time.....every hour you would get like 1000 eggs! xd.png Then it will become pointless...

I support this idea if they don't breed. I wouldn't mind having the pretty sprite as a collectors item :3

I like this too. I personally do not have a chicken yet, but having the possibility of a rooster would be pretty cool. I don't want cockatrices though. That's going too far. Dragon Cave is mostly about dragons. Adding more races would just over complicate things, when I like Dragon Cave about it's simplicity.

I think there should be roosters, but no breeding. Breeding just goes against the fact that chickens are suppose to be rare....