Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

Hey guys, we're looking for feedback. xd.png I appreciate all the features that you want for the forum, but we're looking for criticism on how the forum is run, and how the community is perceived, etc. ^^ If we could veer the conversation that way, it would be magnificent.

Hey guys, while we've been working behind the scenes, it has come to our attention that we never really came out and asked the members what they wanted. So, I'm bringing it up now.

In this thread, feel free to give us constructive criticism, positive and negative feedback. What do you guys like? What do you guys want to see changed? What are ideas that you guys would like to see implanted in the forums?

You can be frank, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, so no bashing. We can't guarantee changes immediately, but we can guarantee that we are going to listen.

If you do not wish to say it publicly, you're welcome to PM any moderator, and title the PM "Feedback" and they will make sure that it gets to the rest of us. =)

Edit: Since I forgot to mention this: it's for the forums, and not the main site. Right now, we want to make the forums work well for everyone. =)

Things so far:

Edited by Khallayne

I'd like to see an R rated section with a disclaimer that within reason, everything can be discussed openly and maturely. We've had a few threads closed in GD because of PG-13 guidelines being very poorly defined. The MRAA even only gives "parental guidance advised" as its criteria, from what I can tell.

The main thing that comes to mind at the moment would be the trading subforum for site discussions that was planned a while back.

Edit: Some more BBCode functionality would be appreciated as well. Spoiler tags would be useful, as would alignment manipulation (

for example).

Edited by Volcove

I love the forums. Most of the people are really nice and there is usually little to no spam here.

I'd love to have bigger inboxes. I think it would be really helpful and great.

Also, I'd love a specific "trade" section in the forums. I think just having two-three trade threads really isn't enough for me. Maybe even a specific area for blood swapping and stuff (which might be in breeding, but eh.)

...and I think the wink.gif smileys look weird. Not a huge problem, it just annoyed me a little bit. XP

I'd like to see an R rated section with a disclaimer that within reason, everything can be discussed openly and maturely. We've had a few threads closed in GD because of PG-13 guidelines being very poorly defined. The MRAA even only gives "parental guidance advised" as its criteria, from what I can tell.

This.

I don't really have any changes I would like to add. It seems to run pretty smooth here. I may agree with some people but there is nothing on my mind atm. The only thing would be a multiple quote thing so you don't have to edit a bunch of quotes in and make it easier but Idk if that is possible.

This, very much so. Also, spoiler tags, if possible.

By R rated, you guys mean more mature right? x3 Because if it was R rated, we'd have to restrict the forums to 18+ with parental accompaniment for those under. tongue.gif

I love the forums. Most of the people are really nice and there is usually little to no spam here.

I'd love to have bigger inboxes. I think it would be really helpful and great.

Also, I'd love a specific "trade" section in the forums. I think just having two-three trade threads really isn't enough for me. Maybe even a specific area for blood swapping and stuff (which might be in breeding, but eh.)

...and I think the wink.gif smileys look weird. Not a huge problem, it just annoyed me a little bit. XP

This pretty much sums it up for me. I don't pay much attention to the other parts of the Forum, so SD it pretty much all that I notice.

I've always had issues with the low number of messages, even made a suggestion for increasing it months ago. It didn't go over with some of the Higher-ups, but perhaps it will this time.

And to see the Trading Subforum set up would be awesome. happy.gif

For the most part, at least in SD, there's not much to complain about. *thumb's up*

EDIT: Oh, and a larger character number for Signatures would be nice, as well. Not a larger signature on the whole. What we have is perfect. But allowing more characters would make it easier to input longer urls.

Edited by Gyps13

I don't have any issues with the forums now. Great job to all mods and TJ. smile.gif

Spoiler tags would be nice though.

By R rated, you guys mean more mature right? x3 Because if it was R rated, we'd have to restrict the forums to 18+ with parental accompaniment for those under. tongue.gif

Well yeah. I more meant by what's allowed and what's not. So that means nothing overly violent and/or ****ographic, but the discussion of ****ography (nonspecific) would be ok.

Hmm... Would it be possible to have it as a "restricted" section? Where not everybody is allowed to post, or even view it, like it's password-protected? You'd require people to be of a certain age to gain access to it, and they'd have to request permission specifically? I mean, you can't do anything about people who would lie about being able to handle it, but... Well, same could be said for if you made everything like that, and all...

I know I've seen that done on at least one site, though I don't know what kind of forums they were using or anything, it was quite some time ago...

I mean, not that it would be a section that would allow adult content, of course.

As for things I'd like... I think things run pretty smooth overall, though as was said if possible a larger inbox would be nice, and a trading section would be really nice. It can be hard having to sort through every single offer to find the that you'd like, it would be easier if we could have more threads in a specific area.

I'd definitely like to see spoiler tags, much easier than wording a post specifically to avoid any possible spoilers.

And, if at all possible, a reduction in the time between searches. I get that it needs to be there, and all, but isn't 2 full minutes a little bit on the long side?

Edited by KageSora

And, if at all possible, a reduction in the time between searches. I get that it needs to be there, and all, but isn't 2 full minutes a little bit on the long side?

It's two minutes? o.o Woah. Forgot about mod perks there. xd.png

Sorry, I was just joking around. ^^ But yes, I understood.

Edited by Khallayne

Hmm... Would it be possible to have it as a "restricted" section? Where not everybody is allowed to post, or even view it, like it's password-protected? You'd require people to be of a certain age to gain access to it, and they'd have to request permission specifically? I mean, you can't do anything about people who would lie about being able to handle it, but... Well, same could be said for if you made everything like that, and all...

I know I've seen that done on at least one site, though I don't know what kind of forums they were using or anything, it was quite some time ago...

I mean, not that it would be a section that would allow adult content, of course.

As for things I'd like... I think things run pretty smooth overall, though as was said if possible a larger inbox would be nice, and a trading section would be really nice. It can be hard having to sort through every single offer to find the that you'd like, it would be easier if we could have more threads in a specific area.

I'd definitely like to see spoiler tags, much easier than wording a post specifically to avoid any possible spoilers.

As we know on the forum from Quakie, Catty, etc, age is a poor indication of maturity. Plus a significant amount of the forum population would be under age. A request form, while not ideal, would be ok as long as it isn't discriminated by age. I think a "test" of mature posts in GD would be a good idea.

As much as age doesn't depict maturity... Allowing an 18 year old to discuss ****ography in general is less frowned upon (by parents and many adults), than allowing 12 year olds to participate.

I would like to see a reduction in the time limit between posts. I realize that the flood control is there to keep spamming at a minimum, but it's still a pain to have to wait a full minute T_T.

Also, not that I've had this problem myself, but I'd like to see a place where consequences are lined out for the members to see. Like... If you do 'this' 'that' happens.... >.>.... I don't mean that it should be set in stone, because I realize that every situation is a little different, but it would give us a bit of an idea as to the severity of the consequences for certain actions that unfortunately take place at times.

The trade sub-forum is already made, It will open when we have a trade system in place.

I will move this to suggestions.

Edited by _Z_

Is it possible to make the inbox bigger? Then it should be possible to get a notification pop-up when you retrieves a warn.

And yes, I want an R-rated section too. *Nods*

Ooh, spoiler tags, that can be useful!

Uh, damn, just about everything I want has been suggested. Spoiler tags, too.

... >_>; How about a clock at the top of the forum?

Oh is it possible to have us able to use our own time zones. It is 3:49 where I live but it says 6:34 on the forums. It isn't a big problem but a bit confusing at times.

Thanks for posting this to get user feedback!

I really think the forums run very well for the most part, although I stick pretty much to Site Discussion with a few forays into Forum Games. wink.gif

I agree pretty much with what others have said so far, especially:

A larger inbox space.

More characters allowed in signature (without the size limit being affected).

More BBC functionality such as alignment, and spoiler codes.

Multiple quoting (Not sure if this is possible).

Reduce the time between using 'Search'.

I would also like the ability to send a PM to multiple recipients. I know spamming is a possible problem, but maybe limit the number to 4 or 5 so you can't spam the whole forum at once?

I am not sure that an R-rated forum is really appropriate. I guess if it is suitably restricted, but I can see it being abused. There are a lot of very young users on this site.

@crazywargod You already can change that. It's somewhere in settings.

There are a lot of very young users on this site.

Exactly. Thank you.

Edited by wonton55912