TJ09

2016-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Holiday Dragon Breeding

Past holiday dragons will be breedable on the same schedule as past years; there will be a seven day period from December 19 at 00:00 to December 25 at 23:59 where past holiday dragons will breed their own offspring. Past limitations still apply: you will only be able to keep one egg from a given clutch, even if multiple eggs are produced.

New Holiday Dragon

A new holiday dragon will be available starting at 00:00 on 12/25. It will drop for exactly three days; after this time it will no longer be available from the cave.

Holiday Event

Instead of starting on 12/19 as it did last year, this year's holiday event will begin on 12/25 at 00:00 (the same time as the new dragon), and will run for twelve days. New content will be made available periodically during the event.

Ooh cool, first page!

Thanks for the update!

Cool, we can concentrate on breeding and enjoy the event after the furor. Thanks, TJ and the Spriters!

I cannot wait to get some christmas dragons!

Ecstatic!

Edited by arjunvohra

It's been so long since I hung out on here! I get so busy, but Christmas events are always fun so I checked back in. I'm ready to be in for the long haul here with hopefully some familiar faces from last year! smile.gif <3

It'll be rather nice not to worry about the event and breeding at the same time. Though I am a bit worried I'll forget to keep doing the event, with the different timing. I might have to set myself an alarm. xd.png

Nice to know beforehand smile.gif Thank you TJ.

Christmas Madness, yeheyehayaha.

Thank you for the information.

I'm probably in the minority, but I have to say that I am incredibly disappointed that the Christmas event will not start until Christmas Day sad.gif

I was really looking forward to a nice, gentle hopefully low key, enjoyable build up to Christmas. Instead it is all going to start on the busiest for many day of the year, which will add yet more stress and we don't have the nice build up.

Ah, cool! My first Christmas event :3 I look forward to it.

And does the holiday breeding only pertain to Christmas ones, or does it also stretch to Halloween and Valentine's, etc? I have no clue how that works. xd.png

And does the holiday breeding only pertain to Christmas ones, or does it also stretch to Halloween and Valentine's, etc? I have no clue how that works. xd.png

Holidays can only breed true on their specific holiday. So we will only be able to breed Christmas' tomorrow and for the next week; no Halloweens or VDays.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Oooh, a "Twelve Days of Christmas" type event! I am excited. And as a grad student, this is a much better schedule for me, since it will start/end while I'm actually on break. biggrin.gif Thank you, TJ!

Glad to see some information before it all starts. Thank you! smile.gif

I'm probably in the minority, but I have to say that I am incredibly disappointed that the Christmas event will not start until Christmas Day sad.gif

I was really looking forward to a nice, gentle hopefully low key, enjoyable build up to Christmas. Instead it is all going to start on the busiest for many day of the year, which will add yet more stress and we don't have the nice build up.

I'm inclined to agree with this, however. The build up before the 24-25th is more or less what I enjoy most of the holiday and the days after feels almost a bit... empty, done and over with. But I want to stay positive. There ought to be a reason why the event takes place after. It could be because of real life reasons like lack of time, or maybe it's an experiment to actually include more people after most of the holiday stress is over. Or it could be an event that thematically fits after the holidays and for the New Year. I'm curious and willing to see where this is going.

Holidays can only breed true on their specific holiday. So we will only be able to breed Christmas' tomorrow and for the next week; no Halloweens or VDays.

Well, you can breed them whenever you want. It's just that they will not give you holiday dragons. tongue.gif