Puppylove20016

Nintendo Switch

Are you hyped for the Nintendo Switch console?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i cant believe they named a console after me and didn't put a new animal crossing game on it

PATIENCE

It just might not be a launch title.

I sure hope that if we do get AC on switch, it's not another party game.

I managed to put one on Layaway. One thing: if you have one on Layaway, do not pay it off. Otherwise you'll never get it.

I don't buy consoles anymore, especially anything Nintendo (and that was once the only brand of console I ever wanted to buy; the Wii killed my love for the company completely), so I don't care about it at all.

I also don't really see a use for it; as an adult the only real free time I have is when I'm home, and that's where my console would be anyway. If I was a kid or a teen I'd definitely see a use for it.

I am happy that so many people are so excited about it though. I've talked to at least one person I know who's really giddy about it xd.png

Edited by Wahya

I'm hardly ever home, since university and work have me gone pretty much all day almost every day of the week, so I'm glad the Switch is a console/handheld hybrid, since the handheld part will apply to me more than the console part and I'll be able to enjoy it more than my PS4 or Wii U since I'd be able to take it with me wherever.

I currently have the Switch and Breath of the Wild preordered, and also Fire Emblem Warriors (big surprise)... but FEW doesn't come out until like, Fall, so BOTW will keep me busy until then. :y I'm really looking forward to the system's release.

Birdz, you and I should play together, we have the same taste in games. tongue.gif

I am super-hyped for the Switch, I got one of the last pre-orders at GameStop near my job. I pre-ordered Breath of the Wild with it. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I'll pre-order later (yes, a real sequel!!!) and Fire Emblem Warriors once I get more information on it. Now to wait until the Breath of the Wild amiibos can be pre-ordered...

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES TWO IS HANDS-DOWN THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR SO FAR

I'm, uh, a little excited. Hehe.

Holy crap, I don't even wanna think about that price, but the switch looks really cool! If I played any of the games they're releasing it with, I would be more tempted to ask for one. =p

Fire Emblem Warriors

*metal scream*

There's another one that I'm keen for. Except since they're also developing it for the 3DS I may go for that one given the Switch's cost.

But on the Switch it looks so pretty.

I pretty much only buy new consoles for Pokemon and Monster Hunter, so with that and the $400 price tag, I'm not as hyped as I could be. There will be a Switch for me when the time comes.

That said, however, attempting to do anything multiplayer on those itty bitty controllers looks like a one-way trip to Hand Cramp Town. I'll have to see whether they'll come out with extra controllers or attachments or something so they can be comfortably used by adults with normal sized hands.

Edited by Lythiaren

I'm happier for a portable Skyrim game than many of the new ones. Although a fair few of'em did look fun! I hope it gets a big library soon. smile.gif

I'm definitely buying the switch but not day 1 because Nintendo AGAIN starts out with a pretty weak launch lineup.

Not diminishing Breath of the Wild because ZELDA and it looks awesome, but after finishing Zelda it's like, waiting for games all over again.

I love Big N so much but they can be so frustrating with how stuck in the past they are.

(yes there are super cool looking games coming later - Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem, Mario Odyssey, etc., so I'll probably get one by the end of the year)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Not much of a gamer over here so I'm not remotely interested in it. My 3DS will serve my needs just fine until such time that I manage to finally break it (I tend to drop.it a lot, sob.)

I picked mine up today, along with Breath of the Wild. My weekend will be exciting. tongue.gif

Was too late to pre-order it sad.gif but I did purchase a bundle! I just have to wait a month for them to have more switches in stock .. so jealous of all you people who planned ahead and pre-ordered!

I didn't think to preorder one for myself until it was already far too late for me to preorder, so I was happy when I found out that my store (which never takes preorders on anything) would have 5 in stock come the 3rd. I went in to work over an hour before I needed to clock in to try and buy one as soon as the Entertainment department opened and found that, because of a shipping delay, they weren't even at the store yet. I waited all the time that I had before I needed to clock in and they never showed up. I wait over two hours for my first break to come and rush back to Entertainment to see if they're there only to find that they've not only come in that time, but they've also gone. dry.gif I missed out because of that delay.

On the bright side, I guess I won't have to deal with a lot of the launch problems that new systems inevitably have, but as a Zelda fan it's frustrating having to wait to play BotW (I never got a Wii U).

Edited by Lightstorm12000

So, for those of you who have a Switch already, enjoying it so far?

I would have pre-ordered one for my birthday but I figured I'd wait and get my Xbox One first and hope to get it next year for my birthday. Hopefully by then there are other colors and lots more games. happy.gif

I'm excited for the Switch purely because I want Fire Emblem Warriors. That's really the only reason.

I got my Nintendo Switch! And Breath of the Wild! I personally don't want Fire Emblem because I never played any of the games nor do I want to.

I don't have enough money for the Nintendo Switch now. But after I get paid, I'm going to buy Super Bomberman R and then save up for the Switch. I'm also planning on getting Fire Emblem 16 (the one that's still WIP). I'll just get FE: Warriors for the 3DS.

It's been a headache trying to find one in stores haha, I regret not getting a preorder. xd.png

Managed to snag one from London Drugs though, unexpected place for switches to be in stock at. I'm getting Zelda to play and is excited for both upcoming Fire Emblems, Monster Hunter, and potential Pokemon / Animal Crossing.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Breath of the Wild, and I also picked up I Am Setsuna.

I'm conducting battery life tests to see how long the battery lasts. I also need to get a screen protector now that I see the dock (that connects the Switch to a TV) is scratching the screen. huh.gif

I.... don't care as much as I could, mostly because I could never afford one 8D I only get new handhelds for christmas, to play pokemon on. Soooo maybe I'll ask for one eventually.