hazeh

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Horizon: Zero Dawn came out a few days ago. It's a post modern fantasy RPG with robots and tech, and I believe set 1000 years in the future. It's super rad! I'd say it's like a mixture of Far Cry, Tomb raider, and the Witcher 3. Fantastic story so far, well developed culture, and the graphics are intense. The battle style is really fluid, and I finally feel confident with being a melee attacker with this system. I'm really excited to play as a bad*** lady who takes no crap from anyone. There are also a lot of POC in this game, which I am super excited about. It's very diverse!

Ahhh I could go on about this game. There is so much to it. I'm about 7 hours in or so.

Anyone else playing? Thoughts, feelings? Please hide spoilers!

The attack at the Proving totally threw me for a loop. The plot twists just keep coming!

I was hesitant to get it but I bought it at the last second, and hooooo boy I don't regret it at all! I'm not incredibly far, I think I'm level 20 and just got to Meridian, but the story is very intriguing. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten kicked around by the machines though xd.png

Yeah I think I'm only level 12. I keep getting side tracked with side quests and hunting machines haha. Those sawtooths (is the plural sawteeth? xd.png) kick my butt. Getting chased by one is terrifying!

Yeah even at lvl 20 they are still quite difficult to deal with. Part of my issue is I don't have the best bows, still learning to use the stuff that's not bows. I know one thing I have issue with is all the sneaking, I don't play games that involve sneaking xd.png

I really want this game, sadly I just spent my money on Breath of the Wild and all the amiibos heh heh. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll be able to get it cause I'm broke.

My second encounter with a sawtooth was heart wrenching, just after my first tallneck climb.

Highlighted its path and laid some explosive traps down to try blow up its weakspot, ran to a different set of cover to hide and it ended up walking right next to me in a similar fasion to the scene in Jurrasic Park 3 with the raptors and the eggs.

Thankfully it soon fell to a shock wire and I finished it with a flame shot to the heart.

What weapons do you use? I'm currently weilding the Hunting Bow, Sharpshot Bow, Tripcaster and Ropecaster, with the sling in my bag.

Took down my first Thunderjaw today. Granted it was in a Cauldron, not moving, and letting me put traps galore on every square inch of floor, but I still did it xd.png

God bless the Tear arrows.