Jet Raptor

Don't Starve

{Official Website}

Anyone else play? Have you died yet? How did you die? What's your day record?

I find it quite enjoyable. It's 20% off on Steam, at the moment.

I got it off Steam 3 days ago. I just started my 4th world.

The first time I played, I survived 22 days only to freeze during winter. Twice. -.- I found a touch stone but when I was resurrected, I froze a few seconds later.

The third time, just a few hours ago, I was killed by a Deerclops on day 34. I liked that world, too. D: There were 2 Treeguards just walking around not even bothering me. Though I didn't find anything good there, in my short time living there. In my first world, I found Chester, the Pig King, and a touchstone. Didn't find anything in this world, now that I think about it...

Found Chester right away in my current world, too. He's adorable.

Either it's a pretty hard game, or I really am just terrible at it. I think I'm terrible at it...

Has anyone successfully survived winter? Got any tips? Because I'm an absolute failure at winter survival.

Has anyone gone completely insane? The lowest my sanity's been was around 80. The first time I started going insane...it freaked me out. o.o

Anyway, discuss~

I haven't purchased it yet but I played the trial and it's pretty fun smile.gif

I play this game. I started it because I watched my SO and told him I could do better. I survived winter on my first go, I even had to move camps to run away from deeclops. Luckily my world is fantastic and I have a wormhole near my first base camp that led me through the woods to the pig king, so I made my second camp there.

I survived winter by stocking up on beefalo jerky, wearing a beefalo hat, and using dug up grass bushels as my fire fuel. I honestly had zero problem with winter even when running through the frozen wilderness camp-less.

It's more about resources for me, I go through a worm hole and pick flowers to pad my insanity. I obliterated my beefalo herd though in the summer to stock my food chest, so I'll probably be making a permanent move to the pig houses, and maybe look for another herd further afield. I need to start a new game though, now that there are so many changes. I also never bothered with the spiders or making beeboxes which I also need to do.

I did go completely insane when I played one of the girls, your hallucinations attack you, it's pretty annoying, so I make sure to pick flowers all the time to fill out the bubble, and then I eat the flowers which pads out my hunger and health during those long days savaging. I really want to get wooden floors inside of my stone fortresses but it never lets me place them, perhaps due to the huge pit fire, I'm not sure.

I just can't seem to get past winter.

I thought I'd be fine with all the berry bushes and a couple of farm plots, but...I didn't know they would go inactive during winter. :C

I managed to kill some Beefalo, and I did leave my camp to find more food...but that's when the Deerclops found me. I had only 15 health left.

I fail at this game. :D

The longest I've managed to last was 18-20 days before I either starved(even with 10 farm plots and tons of berry bushes) or got killed by hell-hounds after the 6th day. I took a break from the game for a month or two and came back completely overwhelmed from all the new updates.

It's a fun game once I get down into it. Never got to winter yet.

hey guys anyone here ever played this game , its really neat , i like how in the new update you can play as a guy who turns into a werebeaver

I love this game! I am excited about the Don't Starve Together co-op that is currently in beta, will be fun to play with other people!

We should add each other and play when it comes out!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Qor

Man, it has been a while since anyone posted here.

After being on and off playing it for a long time, in which I have survived well over 100 days using the tried and true savannah rabbit-beefalo strategy, I've come back to Don't Starve. My eventual hope is to become skilled enough at not dying to unlock the Adventure Mode character, who is so far the only one I have not unlocked.

In other news, the Shipwrecked DLC is now in beta, which introduces a whole new island and ocean-based survival game, with all manner of sea creatures, a new character, and multitude of ways to die to spice things up. Additionally, it will be compatible with Don't Starve Together and Reign of Giants, so I plan to get it as soon as I'm not broke.

Just as a general query for anyone who is playing the game (since you likely play the game if you are), what is your survival strategy? I have largely used the method I briefly mentioned above, but I have also tried surviving in a frog pond meadow and even once in a swamp (which worked surprisingly well for a while).

EDIT: I have tried the early access version of Shipwrecked, it is as fun as it is deadly. The unique abundance of some (but not all) resources on every island you find encourages exploration to keep adapting to the harsh weather of the tropical archipelago, and so far I have not survived much more than the onset of Hurricane Season. I hardily recommend it to any Don't Starve fan.

Edited by Coryn02

currently playing this one. it's nice to come back after a long break. longest day is ~30. still lots of stuff to discover for me

This game is so weird and charming. I need to set aside some time to play it again soon... I didn't get far at all when I played it last, but it was still pretty fun. My favorite part in Don't Starve Together is that if you're going crazy the other players can't see the hallucinations attacking you. Wonderfully done.

It's a really fun game! I haven't played it much recently but i used to play don't starve together with friends and we'd occasionally turn on pvp and fight each other whenever we saw someone. We'd mess around often with spawning a bunch of bosses too.

I think the longest our group have survive is around 30-40 days? I was only there at the beginning though.

i really enjoyed dont starve and dont starve together when it came out on beta, havent played it ages though and not sure if id know it all now that its had so many updates. only thing about dont starve together is when characters turn into ghosts and make you insane super quick

You should add me on steam i love dont starve always looking for people to play with ! My username is ~AncientM3w~

Edited by ~WaterHorseHoarder~

I was absolutely in love with this game. It was my favourite thing ever. But constantly dying and then re spawning from a really long world. (My record was 64 with my friend). It got tedious having to rebuild constantly and I got bored. If they make the PS4 version multiplayer I will happily buy it and stop playing my steam version.

I only enjoy the Together version, I play with my boyfriend, his brother and friend or two. I tend to pick the robot but lately we found a nice modded character Quil or sth like that, he's overly cute and walks very fast, because I'ma nood player I can't use his potential so the guys don't mind me playing htis one:P We also like modyfying the world a bit.

Sorry for the bump, but since I was about to make a post on this, I thought it best to check first.

Been playing since it first came out, pretty much. My longest survival record was about 110 days before the hounds got me. xd.png I got Don't Starve Together about a month ago and been playing it with a friend who, though playing for almost as long as me, isn't as good at it xd.png So together we rarely last more than a few days and have had to reset the world at least a dozen times because our health kept getting decimated by revivals. >.> ATM, I'm actually trying to get a good base built up before I invite her in again, just so we have at least a fighting chance xd.png

I have to admit, though, I would love to play with people from here someday happy.gif

I would love to play witg people too! But i... am terrible at it, lol. I have yet to survive a winter, it's so sad.

Well actually usually Hounds or an Ent gets me first, but I'm sure winter would kill me too.

I find that the key to the game is hoard everything, and in the event of battle, kite everything. Whenever I play with people I usually tend to die from exploring and cause a wipeout because others try to revive/collect my stuff. xd.png