TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

user posted image
Halloween Contagion. 2016 Halloween Event. A strange malady has begun to affect the dragons of Galsreim. It seemed harmless enough at first; just a few puddles of oozing goo that appeared on the floors of some remote caves. However, dragons who encounter the ooze become lethargic. Though not technically dead they become cold to the touch and their normal sharp intelligence is blunted. In the initial phases they tend to lie around all the time, deeply asleep. Worse, once a dragon has passed the initial lethargy, new pools of ooze appear in the dragon’s vicinity and nearby dragons begin to show signs of infection; clearly the malady is contagious.Research into the contagion show that it is curable, though only with effort. The puddles of goo must be carefully uncovered and collected. Too much force on the goo denatures it, so the spreading pools need to be marked for special handling.To join in, play the mini-game to uncover and contain the contagion so it can be used for research. Once you’ve successfully completed a game you’ll have a choice. Do you want to spread the contagion further? Or would you like to help spread the cure? You can play the game as much as you want, but can only submit a win for research every ten minutes.The event will run for one week, ending 10/31 at 11:59:59 pm. TRICK-OR-TREAT. Our traditional Halloween trick-or-treat makes its sixth return to the site. Fill up your candy baskets with up to 50 treats! Treats spawn every few minutes, and can be found scattered around various pages of the site. HALLOWEEN DRAGONS. All past Halloween event dragons are breedable for the full length of the event (until November 1). Newly-bred event dragons won't be able to breed until next year. As always, there is no limit to how many you can obtain, so stalk the abandoned area vigilantly if you want to fill up.A new dragon will be released on 10/31, and drop for 24 hours. This will be the only time it drops in the cave, though there is no limit to how many you can grab. NEW ZOMBIES. New zombies for pygmies and drakes have been added. Both types of creature should now have an appropriate zombie sprite for their sub-type.

Ayyy, rawrscaryholidayofbooghostpumpkinissooning, DC! Hope it's a good one. Enjoy the festivities!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CREDITS LIST:

~~~~~

Contagion:

Coordinator: Fiona BlueFire

Coding: TJ09

Game Board and Tiles: TheCompleteAnimorph

Meter: JOTB

Badges: Munin

Home Screen Painting: Munin

Event Thread Painting: Munin

Announcement Graphic: Munin

~~~~~

Trick-or-Treat 2016:

Munin: user posted image

626lavaheart: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Bluesonic1: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

dragonwinxzodiac: user posted image

Fiona BlueFire: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Infinis: user posted imageuser posted image

Joliver1998: user posted image

Lady Lyzar: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Lythiaren: user posted image

Munin: user posted imageuser posted image

Mysfytt: user posted imageuser posted image

Nirami: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Odeen: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Phioxse: user posted imageuser posted image

PieMaster: user posted image

Shajana: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

TheCompleteAnimorph: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Thuban: user posted image

Sweet, time to breed some of my Halloween dragons and see what the event has to offer.

New event! Yes!! biggrin.gif Happy Halloween!!!

ETA: Love the new banner for the Trick-or-Treat!!

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Thanks for the event!

Just a heads up, there's currently no cooldown on treats spawning. I'm getting one every page refresh.

Umm... is it a glitch that I can collect a new treat as soon as I click one? I just collected like 5 treats in 5 seconds.

Yayyy first Halloween I get to participate in years biggrin.gif

Can't wait for the spooky eggs to hit the AP ^.^

PS - yeahh all the treats are instantly clickable. I could fill up on them all...as soon as I click one, the page refreshes with the next one to add.

Edited by Pryanka

What does "Congation" mean? (in the title) My dictionary doesn't have that word xd.png

Edit: is that a typo perhaps? Meant to be Contagion???

And wow - I had to increase view size to be able to read that text lol... but it sure looks awesome!

Happy to have Halloween back biggrin.gif Happy Halloween!!

Edited by Kiwiana

Ooey Gooey Zombie things!!