sparkle10184

Star Trek - All series'

What's your favourite Star Trek series?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This thread is for Star Trek fans and haters alike! Share your thoughts on the Star Trek franchise. Or if you have any questions about Star Trek ask away!

If you would like to be added to the Star Trek Fans List please say so in your post.

Star Trek Fans

sparkle10184

While I feel every series has advantages and I love them all, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for TOS.

Although the latest film is the greatest (sorry, Khan and the Whales!).

While I feel every series has advantages and I love them all, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for TOS.

Would you like to be added to the Star Trek Fans List?

Pretty much this

Hi all,

No one has posted in this thread in a while. Thought I'd just give it a quick BUMP.

So, please vote on the poll and post in this thread! smile.gif

I love Star Trek its great show, I like all of them, but the original series is the best...

Off to the London convention this weekend. Rock on.

I confess to being slightly baffled by the existence of DS9 fans. I always thought it was the worst of the 'Treks. Not that that stops us from having it on DVD.

I love Trek. I grew up with it, and it came with me into adulthood.

I confess to being slightly baffled by the existence of DS9 fans. I always thought it was the worst of the 'Treks. Not that that stops us from having it on DVD.

'Worst of the Treks'? Worse than Enterprise?

I'm fondest of TNG, maybe since that's the first I remember watching on TV. I was fortunate to have geeky parents. I also did enjoy DS9 and Voyager.

Edited by Cielmuir

I have been a fan of Star Trek since the first episode of TOS first appeared in our universe. :-)

TNG is my favourite show, followed by DS9, TOS and Voyager. I started out watching Enterprise, but it rather disappointed me.

I liked the movies, but the new movies are better, for the most part, in my opinion. Though I'd say that First Contact is right up there among the best.

I am a Star Trek Fan from way back when. I watched the original series on television eafgerly awaiting the next week's episode. I suffered through the cartoons and first movie sure that Roddenberry's great dream would once more be made great. I loved the storyline and actors fro DS9 but hated the dark backgrounds used in the show. My dad was older and having sight issues by then and he railed against the dark look his fading eyesight made so difficult for him to see. Voyager had some marvelous characters by as a whole I didn't like this series as well as the others.

I own books from the 1960's on and quite a few of the original set of CCG, too many in fact.

Enterprise didn't fit in with the books written so many years before giving the background of Robert April and George Kirk and the naming of the ship. I always loved that story. But the shows and movies brought imagination and the stars into my life each week. I have many fond memories of watching the shows with various family members. I'll cherish all of them, even the arguments over the awful uniforms and stiff acting in ST The Movie which stunk. I brought life back into the visual media and made the revival of the concept of Star Trek viable.

LIVE LONG and PROSPER!

A Star Trek fan of long standing.

Just saw it on the day's news that Lenard Nimoy that played Mr Spock has died today at his home...

I'd just read that too - so sad, he was one of my favorite actors.

My little brown tribble that used to make tribble noise has long since lost its voice (Used to drive my dog berserk), but it still sits on my desk. RIP, Mr Nimoy.

Observes a moment as silence as the anthem of the United Federation Of Planets plays quietly in the background...

All of them we're good, but DS9 was the best by far...

TNG is my favorite- but only because it was the first I was able to watch regularly, and completely. DS9 is such a divergence from all other series, it was so good in so many ways, and highly underrated as far as I'm concerned. Voyager... well Considering my first and second names are Kathryn Jayne, I felt more than a touch attached to the series. I really enjoyed this series, simply for the goal- getting home.

Enterprise, I watched the first season, but it just, wasn't the same, no contest. Tried to pull too much stuff from the other series that just didn't -work- period. And vocals in an opening? Blasphemy!

The original... the original. I watched episodes occasionally as a child. Even at my young age I thought Kirk over acted. And who didn't love Spock and the ears?

I confess to being slightly baffled by the existence of DS9 fans.

But, but... why? *wibble* It was so good! tongue.gif Good characters, interesting plot, over-arcing storyline, people did things and it actually mattered later on, there was drama and conflict and not everything was perfect and pretty... loved all that. In fact, I'm off to rewatch 'In the Pale Moonlight'.

TOS must have been one of the first shows I ever saw on TV as a kid way back and I've watched every one of the shows and movies since - sure, there were some bad episodes in every series, but overall I liked each in its own way, even Enterprise, who was sadly canceled just as it began to get good... to many wonky episodes in the first two seasons drove off to many people I guess. It did feel as the least Trekky of the bunch (to me).

Edited by stagazer_7

Next generation is my favorite, but I'll watch the others as well. Sorta new to the Star Trek fan base. My husband grew up with them so he explains everything lol.