TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Ok. I have noticed several times in the past few months when someone has bred lots of one kind of egg, and then dropped them all in the ap, making the entire page filled up with one kind of egg. First it was pigmies, then it was mints, then it was red dragons. This is pretty awesome, and i was wondering who is doing it. does anyone know? biggrin.gif

The Royal Crimsons are probably whitebaron's. It's not just one person doing all those different species, btw. wink.gif Mints are usually done by 42. I also know a couple of friends who likes to mass breed pinks/reds together into the AP a week before the new release comes, but that was before we had unscheduled (more like surprise) releases. smile.gif I have bred PB whites 2-8g into the AP once, but haven't really had the time to do so again. ^^

Some people like a single breed, and will mass-breed them to increase their numbers, and get their lineages into other people's hands.

If the AP is ever filled with Dorsals, it's because Dorsals are the chosen species for this year's Holly Contest. People make Dorswalls to help others out.

Personally, I like walls. I've found some good eggs from them.

Someone should make a thread where people get together and organise walls of rarer eggs for others to enjoy!

Edit: there was a mint one? It's a shame I missed that one.

Edited by MessengerDragon

People really shouldn't make a plan to get together and make a wall of anything, and "rare walls" don't work. You run into the ratio limits and don't get that many of the eggs to drop.

Mass breedings are likely to get you shouted out of existence. Though massive numbers of commons bred to the ap no longer causes the problems it used to it's still not going to be a popular idea.

The Royal Crimsons are probably whitebaron's. It's not just one person doing all those different species, btw. wink.gif Mints are usually done by 42. I also know a couple of friends who likes to mass breed pinks/reds together into the AP a week before the new release comes, but that was before we had unscheduled (more like surprise) releases. smile.gif I have bred PB whites 2-8g into the AP once, but haven't really had the time to do so again. ^^

Grabbed one just to see. Yep, it is whitebaron. I find those AP wall fillers are fun!

Someone should make a thread where people get together and organise walls of rarer eggs for others to enjoy!

Edit: there was a mint one? It's a shame I missed that one.

I do not know if 42 bred any Mints this week. The only reason many saw the 2nd gen. Mints from Metals was cause he was breeding me (and maybe some other people) the Metal babies from Mint Parents xd.png 42 is very nice :3

42 will possibly come in here now and be like "I did no such thing!"

Sometimes Lagie breeds Mints too ^^

42 said on the 20th having over 1000 mints and feels a mass breeding soon, so you never know tongue.gif

Edited by lollipop00

If the AP is ever filled with Dorsals, it's because Dorsals are the chosen species for this year's Holly Contest. People make Dorswalls to help others out.

It also happens anytime I decide to breed my Dorsals c':

(Nice to know nobody's gonna be biting 'em for awhile |D)

Edited by Pika_Oi

I think there's at least two people who massbreed Mints. 42 does, and there's also someone else who breeds large numbers of 2nd gen Mints x Balloons.

I've massbred Olives before, since I collect them and I have lots to breed.

Personally, I like massbreedings. I often find some really good lineages. And if it happens to be a breed I really like, well, that makes it even better.

...Unless of course, it happens to be all messy lineages. In that case I can understand the frustration. Like probably a lot of people, I don't like a lot of messy things clogging up the AP. Although if someone bred lots of messy Albinos, I probably wouldn't be complaining. (I use frozen Albinos as scroll dividers)

I would *love* if others mass bred Seragammas. I always appreciate low-time Seras to continue growing my army (though it's only a mini-army right now :c)

No idea who mass breeds the pygmies, but the other posters covered the royal crimsons and mints. I rarely mass breed anymore. I did breed some summers to the AP though for people looking to complete their summer sets before the seasonal change.

*shrug* Once a month, I go through my dragons and look for breeds that has 10 CBs in it (I don't name my CBs so I can easily see how many I have). Then I breed EVERYONE of that breed (CBs and lineaged, both), AP all eggs then release the older CBs. On some breeds, I have more lineaged ones than CB ones and I end up releasing a bunch of those eggs.

Quite recently, I've gone on my scroll "cleanup." On my Action Log, I see that I've bred a bunch of BlueBands, BBWs, Canopies, Coastal Wyverns. I've bred more but they've been kicked out of my Log.

Edited by Imposibibble

Seeing this is making me want to mass-breed some of the dragons that I have a lot of. Probably won't, since I don't do lineages making them all quite messy, but it's an entertaining thought. X)

I totally haven't been hoarding even gen and CB pygmies so I can flood the AP with pygmy eggs.

Why would someone do something like that? tongue.gif

...Unless of course, it happens to be all messy lineages. In that case I can understand the frustration. Like probably a lot of people, I don't like a lot of messy things clogging up the AP.

Perhaps the person(s) doing the mass breeds of the messy lineages feels that what they are doing is not any different than these types of mass breedings, and done for much the same reasons.

Just because they aren't messy doesn't reduce the frustration a lot of players feel about mass breedings, of any type.

Edited by Tawanda001

I totally haven't been hoarding even gen and CB pygmies so I can flood the AP with pygmy eggs.

Why would someone do something like that? tongue.gif

That's one of the reasons why I've been grabbing pretty much every Olive in sight... xd.png

user posted image

<SCREAMING INTERNALLY> mellow.gif

Seriously though, I absolutely hate it when the AP gets flooded with a single breed. I like hunting for diverse eggs, and just having basically a monoculture for ages drives me up a wall.

...doesn't stop me from sitting there hitting f5 for an hour, though.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/3740881343b3f89...ga7a4o1_500.png

<SCREAMING INTERNALLY> :mellow:

Seriously though, I absolutely hate it when the AP gets flooded with a single breed. I like hunting for diverse eggs, and just having basically a monoculture for ages drives me up a wall.

...doesn't stop me from sitting there hitting f5 for an hour, though.

You *could* just start picking them up and re-abandoning them to sift through them. You won't see anything you just abandoned, unless someone else picks it up. o3o