bluebell_rose

Dragon Lineage Prefix/Suffix Registration

Since the original topic got locked , I asked Z if I could remake the thread for the suffix registry thread. She said I could. For months I've been updating it via a spreadsheet waiting for the day that Sue would come back and update the thread. I've saved the her post in this 1st intro post though

Hiya all,

I've noticed that a lot of people are using or would like to use the same names, and I have decided to make this thread as the Central Prefix and Suffix Registry.

For those unfamiliar with the terms, here's how it works. To identify your dragons as uniquely yours (Coz quite a few people have said 'I'd like X name but it's already gone) or use it as a way of spotting your breeding in future pedigrees, you pick a name that represents your Dragon family. It can be anything you like - I have DruidStone.

A prefix is when that name is added before your dragons individual name eg

Druidstone Blade of Night

A suffix is added after the name

ie Shamballa of DruidStone.

This practice is common amongst breeders of any animal in the real world, it's variously called stable/stud/farm name. I thought it would be nice to do the same for our dragons.

Chat is fine but please make sure you put each entry on a separate line eg

Spreadsheet

Link to the spreadsheet itself

Html Version

smile.gif html version for easy browsing

I have created a live form for members to use and be able to add in their own data if they so desire.

Live Form

However, if you'd like to just post it in the thread and have me add it that is fine.

Please post the suffix/prefix followed by the breeder name. Breeder name need only be posted once

Dragon prefix/suffix first - user name second

Please note if you have stuff with a hypen after it like --aaa, it'll be sorted above A suffixes and prefixes. wink.gif Just a heads up. I'd add it without the - and put it in the additional info how it is used

Edited by bluebell_rose

Much closer to the last page of SD than it should be.. bump for usefulness and against deletion.

Oh this looks interesting, though I am still a bit confused on how this works. >.< Would what I do on my scroll count? Scroll >>; I just decided to do it because I thought it would be cool, and my friend said it might be a good idea.

I think I never had time to registrate mine suffixs that I use to some of mine dragons... And I guess I have at least one prefix too, even though it isn't mine from the beginning, I just use it when I get dragons to Hell's gate...

I'm glad this is still here. I'm still renaming, but submitted my prefix anyway.

I just get a page that says "disallowed key characters" when I try to follow the links to the spreadsheet and the html sad.gif

While there's a thread under Breeding for lineage projects, as mine is still just a personal lineage, this seemed to be about the right speed for me to submit the suffix I'm currently using (Velox).

I added mine as well! the De La Muerte's. smile.gif Very helpful list! smile.gif (Hasn't shown up on the list yet...Does it take time to show up?)

Edited by athdaraxen

i've decided to try "lizard", but if the name is too long (like ______ thuwed dusk dorkface d'hennegel lizard) then i try to use lzrd. otherwise i dont use anything. also, i only name the nice lineage, actively breeding even gens with lizard.

i name all my rare/special dragons (holidays and alts) in saurian. i do not attatch lizard to them though.

Edited by lizardtail

Yay! I was worried this would be lost completely.

Thanks for re-creating it, bluebell_rose! smile.gif

Added my Ridgewing lineage.

Can I edit an existing line somewhere in the future? I might make my Ridgewing lineage public in the future.

I added mine as well! the De La Muerte's. smile.gif Very helpful list! smile.gif (Hasn't shown up on the list yet...Does it take time to show up?)

Added mine as well: "Gracerock" for all my CB's not already being used in other lineage projects. i guess it might take a while to show up? unless it didn't accept my information for some reason. blink.gif

thank you for the list, it does help tons!

from Ksew's Farm - a suffix for my dragons.

though some females have no suffix, but are named the way "_ Ksew" where _ is an adjective, such as "Hopeful Ksew".

filled in the form smile.gif

Added mine. dragoon and dragoner to the live link. A few are in the middle of the name and I believe one is a prefix.

Thank you for this! I added my four. Mintions, Dartohs, Dorhtads, and Shuldores. Will bookmark this, I plan to start a public lineage in the future. tongue.gif

Prefix - Angelic [Females] Evil [Males] - xXAngelicEvilXx

Suffix - Noel [Christmas Dragons] - xXAngelicEvilXx

Suffix - Pastel [Lineage Project] - xXAngelicEvilXx

Mine seems kinda complicated [the very first one, with the males/females] so I won't add that one myself to the live form, but I added the other two to it. smile.gif