Qwackie

Misheard Lyrics

I just got done listening to Stupid by Girugamesh, then I was like "I can't tell if he said could commit a crime or can my papaya rape. Whaaaattt?" This happen to anyone else?

Lulz, that obviously doesn't make me the only person that's had problems with that song.

So, anyone else?

Oh man. Too many to list/count. I've "lost" many since I started looking up lyrics, but there were definitely some "wtf" moments while listening to Good Charlotte.

I ain't no holla-back, squirrel, I ain't no holla-back, squirrel.

Holla-back(dunno how to spell?) Girl, by Gwen Stephanie.

Also: Dirty deeds and the thundercheifs.

Not even kidding.

Warning: language

I heard it as "Why do we always teleport?" instead of "Why do we always send the poor?"

I think mine actually works though, because later it repeats "Where the f*** are you?" several times. So teleporting seems logical enough. huh.gif

fall out boy- going down swinging "Are you more that i pottied for yet, oh i'm dining at a table, waiting, for your long hair that i saw on two floors yet?" adjust static on radio, " are you more than i bargained for yet, oh! im dying to tell you annything, you wanna hear, cause that's just who i am this week" talk about a wtf moment.

I always thought the Kaiser Cheifs were singing 'I've got tourettes'.

It turns out the words are 'I predict a riot'. The title of the song rolleyes.gif

Most any song I listen to for the first time - I'm a music guy, not a lyrics guy.

Listening to I will not bow for the first time I heard a few lyrics wrong that made me think what the...

Most any song I listen to for the first time - I'm a music guy, not a lyrics guy.

I have a terrible sense of hearing when deciphering multiple sounds, so it takes me about 30 plays before I can get half the lyrics right. I still don't know all of them from some songs that have 300+ plays.... I never want to look them up though, cause my version is usually better anyway. tongue.gif

I thought one song said "My willie's wet.". I always went blink.gif whenever I heard it, and often skipped that song just because of that line...

Ew.

I ain't no holla-back, squirrel, I ain't no holla-back, squirrel.

Holla-back(dunno how to spell?) Girl, by Gwen Stephanie.

Not even kidding.

Hollaback is right as far as I can tell.

And the one about Dirty Deeds has gotten me countless times. xd.png Every time I hear those lyrics in that song I'm like 'lol what?'

I love misheard lyrics!

Well in the song "Any Means Nescassary" by Hammerfall, at :43 seconds what happens is it sounds like they were saying rhymes with wussy "(insert word here) in your soul!"

My personal favorite has to be

by my very old buddy Xikaze. He was a rockin' guy, it's a shame that he left the forum that we both frequented.

Also rad; Oh four tunas as found by my mother who was practicing the song for a choir event.

How about the old classic Bad Moon Rising by Credence Clearwater Revival?

The chorus actually says:

"Don't go around tonight,

Well, it's bound to take your life,

There's a bad moon on the rise."

But at least half the people I know agree that the last line of the chorus sounds more like, "There's a bathroom on the right."

But at least half the people I know agree that the last line of the chorus sounds more like, "There's a bathroom on the right."

Bad MOOSE on the rise.

And FYI, it's called a Mondegreen.

i was listening to "Break your heart" and i thought when they said "Im only gonna break break your break break your heart" i thought they said im only gonna r*p* r*p* your r*p* r*p* your heart" xd.png sorry, if this is inappropriate, i will immediately erase.

I've read this, like, 10 times already, and I still 'lol' at it xd.png

Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine

I first heard it is "Some of those who ride horses." as opposed to the actual lyrics of "Some of those that were forces"

What Lies Beneath by Breaking Benjamin

The beginning of the chorus says "So, I'll fight what lies beneath" and at first I thought it said "So, I'll fight the blasphemy". What's stupid is that I posted those lyrics on FB and no one bothered to correct me.

Also, Give Me A Sign by Breaking Benjamin.

What I thought it said: "For ever and ever the stars will remain"

What it really says: "For ever and ever the scars will remain"

Not even kidding.

Same here, same here.

Also: "Sick Cycle Carousel" by Lifehouse. That phrase is repeated...a lot. But I didn't know that was the name at first because it was labeled something else when I downloaded it. So for a while I was kinda scared it was saying "suicide go kill myself." I mean, after "The Joke"...how the heck am I supposed to guess something like "Sick Cycle Carousel?"

And after catstaff's post I had to go look up that song and I laughed so hard. I'd swear those were the lyrics.

I also thought Give Me A Sign was stars. sad.gif

Edited by Imaginist

I don't speak Spanish but I have my own made up lyrics to La Bamba. If I start singing it now it sounds like lalalalala bamba a nessa see una poca la tokya.... there's more but I'll spare you.

Also, I found out about a year ago that there's a song by Jimmy Buffett called Come Monday, not Come On Babe like I originally thought. It's extra embarassing when the title is wrong.

*cough* I had a song I heard over the radio. It was called 'qiege'. 'Qiege' in Chinese has many meaning and one of it was to dismember. I thought' oh, no!' before I went online to look the lyrics up only to realise that 'qiege' was in fact, a song-change in karoake. dry.gif

Never mind if you don't understand, it's just me. tongue.gif