Zilverwing

TERA

TERA: Fate of Arun is a 3D fantasy themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Bluehole Studio and En Masse Entertainment. It is a Free-To-Play game available for PC and through Steam. Check it out~

http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/what-is-tera

Just wondering if anyone else plays this game. I've been playing it for a good while, but lack any friends to play with. I'd love to play with willing people and someday make a guild. I can even help with learning the basics. If you happen to play the game, post below your stats if you don't mind. Here's mine:

Player name: Alythia.Aurora

Server: Ascension Valley (US Servers)

Level: 61

Class and Race: Female Warrior High Elf

Edited by Zilverwing

ive only played this game very briefly in the tutorial level. i like the art & the male castanics but i have trouble getting into it it's kinda overwhelming

ive only played this game very briefly in the tutorial level. i like the art & the male castanics but i have trouble getting into it it's kinda overwhelming

Lately they have updated the Tutorial Area. There isn't just the Island of Dawn anymore since they now included another place called: " Stepstone Isle. " To me, its not too hard with patience and I'm willing to help anyone that wants to learn how to play. The things mostly tough about it is doing Party Quests in the Storyline, which trying to find a strong and willing group of people to help you out.

I can't play this game for extended periods of time because it exhausts me. It is fun to play, but while I was prospecting MMOs, I found Neverwinter more fun to play. It wasn't as overwhelming to get into.

Also, the armors annoy me a lot. Male Elves look like exotic animals about to go extinct and most of the female models appear naked on their armors.

To each their own, but its ok to know some of you have played it with a bit of experience and sharing it. I, myself, took breaks from it now and then. Perhaps a month or so ago since I was stumped on a difficult dungeon quest and since my friend hardly ever came on, I almost gave up on the game. Though I enjoy it nonetheless.

I could have played AION, but found this a little more ok as it is in my opinion.

Been playing this for a few months now; it's really important to make some friends to play with you. It doesn't matter when you're levelling (because every class can solo until 65), but it's a whole new world once you hit the level cap at 65. There's a drastic learning curve and you'll get overwhelmed very easily if you're not prepared for it.

I really like the game for a few things: (as a PvE player)

-There's no pay-to-win. With TERA's combat system, you can tell who paid their way up and who actually has the skills when you're in end-game dungeons. It's all about skills in here, from your gear, to your glyph setup, to your skill rotations.

-Friendly people! I'm not sure if it's just for my server (Highwatch), but on the whole, there are really nice people willing to help out if you just give a holler in the global chat.

-Class skills. Every class has its own pros and cons, not to mention roles in the dungeon. Though currently the brawler class is... not nerfed enough, it pretty much gave rise to a bunch of inexperienced people throwing tantrums and pointing fingers when they don't understand why they died in end-game dungeons. I'm not sure what's going to happen this coming May when the new ninja class comes.

-Dungeons! Every dungeon has its charm. I myself particularly like Timescape the best, with its final boss room and boss mechanics interaction. Forsaken Island comes a close second with its hidden storyline on how the island came to be abandoned and occupied by ghosts and a 'Hades' boss with an 'Executioner' title. This by far is the most challenging part of TERA; with just one mistake you may cost your whole party to get slaughtered, and every second counts. Teamwork has never been as important when in a dungeon.

-Graphics. I love the graphics in-game, but really, when FPS and ping wages war against you, your graphics settings are going as low as they can go. There are various areas you can take fantastic screenshots though.

Cons of the game:

-Highly female-oriented. The game clearly favours female characters with their costume designs and the player base. Even some classes (reaper, brawler, up-coming ninja) are female-locked.

-Elin race. Majority of the player base are elins. Cue the 'pedo' jokes that spawn in global chats every once in a while.

If anyone wants to find me in-game, just buddy me and give me nudge. :3 I'm willing to help out with new people with regards to almost anything, as with helping out in my guild.

I play TERA (NA)

Server: Highwatch

Guild: Sweet Vengeance

Characters:

-Shardas (Archer, 65) [main]

-Ryne (Priest, 65) [main]

-Lunanoff (Mystic, 65)

I have several more (as reaper, lancer, warrior and slayer), but I don't go on them as often.

Some pics:

[Guild picture] [Current dungeon I'm learning 'Sky Cruiser Endeavour (Hard Mode)', why NA doesn't release normal mode I'll never know. [1][2][3]] [Timescape] [bathysmal Rise [1][2]]

Edited by sharlykng

If anyone wants to find me in-game, just buddy me and give me nudge. :3 I'm willing to help out with new people with regards to almost anything, as with helping out in my guild.

I play TERA (NA)

Server: Highwatch

If only you were on the same server as I was, I would have maybe tried out in joining your guild. So far I've made it to level 61 now. But since I can't dungeon run on my own, I'm just side questing lately.

Though I do agree that TERA needs to open more options than keeping at most new updates gender-locked. I mean now they're coming out with " Flying Mounts " as pegasus and a winged lion. But no dragons?! COME ON...

They keep it gender-locked because majority of the players end up playing female characters. Just look at the amount of costumes catered to females compared to the males.

If you're looking to level fast, I'd suggest doing the main story quest chain (the Supply and Demand one) and queue for dungeons at the same time. At level 61 you should have your level 60 gears (enchant ALL of them to +9, wear the initiative accessories and a brooch. Obtain a belt from Manaya's Core dungeon.). Sabex Armory and Marcellarius Catacombs drop glyph boxes specific to your class, which is essential in unlocking almost your end-game glyph settings, so go spam those till you're level 65. xd.png And then once you hit 65... Lots to do, hahaha. The journey is far from over~

Just look at the amount of costumes catered to females compared to the males.

If you're looking to level fast, I'd suggest doing the main story quest chain (the Supply and Demand one) and queue for dungeons at the same time. At level 61 you should have your level 60 gears (enchant ALL of them to +9, wear the initiative accessories and a brooch. Obtain a belt from Manaya's Core dungeon.). Sabex Armory and Marcellarius Catacombs drop glyph boxes specific to your class, which is essential in unlocking almost your end-game glyph settings, so go spam those till you're level 65. xd.png And then once you hit 65... Lots to do, hahaha. The journey is far from over~

That's true. It's still a bit awkward finding out a guy friend of yours is in a female body in game. Just a bit. Had my fair share experiencing that a few times. Female clothing looks sexy~ xd.png

Hmm...I may try that. But I am still trapped on my level 59 Arm of the Avatar weapon and only managed to get 2 relics for the level 60 weapon. The other pieces are in Manaya's Core or that other one that started with an A (I think). But thanks for the helpful tips! biggrin.gif

Gotta agree with that xd.png You never know whether that reaper/brawler is a guy or an actual girl playing, hahah.

Relic pieces once you hit 60 are available via drop loot from dungeons, monsters and quests. smile.gif

Officers' Meeting for my guild biggrin.gif We're gonna attempt grabbing majority of our members for a group shot soon.

user posted image

Relic pieces once you hit 60 are available via drop loot from dungeons, monsters and quests. smile.gif

Officers' Meeting for my guild biggrin.gif We're gonna attempt grabbing majority of our members for a group shot soon.

user posted image

I'm jealous of the fact you have a skycastle... xd.png

And yeah I know monsters should drop the relic peices, but its been quite scarce. I'd try to get them from the dungeons, but I can't do it alone. My friends aren't even strong enough themselves to help me yet.

We're gonna lose that skycastle come next season xd.png The dungeons for that is a little too high for majority of my guildies.

How about instance matching? If you can't find people to help in the server, matching will search for players across servers. smile.gif There's both good and bad about that, but at the early stage it's pretty useful. At end-game (as in dungeons with at least 3 stars complexity) it's the bane of your existence when players don't even know what they're doing and still scold others for the mistakes they made. wink.gif

How about instance matching? If you can't find people to help in the server, matching will search for players across servers. smile.gif There's both good and bad about that, but at the early stage it's pretty useful. At end-game (as in dungeons with at least 3 stars complexity) it's the bane of your existence when players don't even know what they're doing and still scold others for the mistakes they made. wink.gif

Tried that or sometimes the dungeon doesn't become listed (don't know why...? maybe because my item level is too high or what). Even tried through the LFG (Looking for Group), but the timer would still be going without answers.

I'm even missing some the cut scenes from after confronting Killian with Elleon and the girl (forgot her name) in the Labyrinth of Terror. I can't solo it at level 60 to complete it. dry.gif

Go for Sabex Armory instead; you can complete the quests on your own once you have better gear at 65.

The Elin reaper in the story chain is probably Zolyn, she and Paesyn have a tragic one-sided love story xd.png

Did anyone else create Ninjas? I'm loving them! I literally just solo-ed all the dungeons I came across, lol.

Go for Sabex Armory instead; you can complete the quests on your own once you have better gear at 65.

I'll try that. Would be awesome if you ever decide to come onto Ascension Valley, we could journey around/help each other with things. Still unsure about making a guild with my friends though.

Are skycastles something you gotta win in a GvG battle or you get one when you create a guild?

I'm afraid I'm staying right in Highwatch xd.png I have 8 characters in that server and a guild to help out, not to mention my own friends in the server as well. >_<

If you're non-Elite you should definitely consider creating a guild with your friends to take advantage of the 4 tabs of 72 bank slots each. Lots of space for your crafting materials. biggrin.gif

Skycastles are a privilege given to the top 10 guilds in a Crusade season (we're currently at rank 7 now). As my guild is more towards PvE rather than PvP, the Crusade points we gather would be via dungeon runs at level 65 (that's why it's only the beginning at 65. Lots to do! xd.png). At the moment, the dungeons that qualify are Demokron Factory (Hard), The Abscess (Hard), Kalivan's Dreadnaught (Hard) and Shadow Sanguinary (Hard). Aaaaand out of these 4 I'm only familiar with 1 xd.png I'm gonna have to learn the new ones with my guildies.

One perk from skycastles are that there are free costumes available for a short period of time (at the nudge of a guild master, of course)! So everyone gets to dress up and take pictures then.

user posted image

user posted image

We tried another guild photo with the regular players :3

Bump. New class Valkyrie is out! The class is gender-locked (female, as always... ._.) and race-locked (castanic). Valkyries are leather armour and use runeglaives.

I've recently hit end-game with my own Valkyrie within about a week, and here's my thoughts about it.

Valkryies actually feel slower than Slayers with all their animations; they're supposed to be a tad faster, and are similar to the Warrior combat style in the manner of accumulation Runemarks (Edge, in warriors) and Runeburst/Shining Crescent (Scythe, in warriors). You have 2 iframes and one can be cast twice before going on cooldown, so you shouldn't have trouble dodging mechanics. Very good mobility for a melee class.

Broken class: As with all releases for new classes, there isn't much balance to Valkyries as of yet. I breezed through everything rather easily before end-game, with decent damage dealing. You have to be cautious in dungeons when you DPS as if you're stuck with a terrible tank (which is 90% of the time), chances are the aggro is going to jump about between you and your tank.

End-game wise, the class should be nerfed within a month or so, and then we can see how well Valkyries are balanced. It's also here where min-maxing Valkyries become obvious. The damage output between the two is huge! I was dealing 10mil Shining Crescents in +12 Tier 9 weapon, Idoneal armour, while another Valkyrie dealt half of that with +12 Tier 10 weapon. I've just finished gearing my Valkyrie to full Tier 10, so I'll see how in a bit. Your skill rotation matters quite a bit in this case.

Conclusion: I'll probably make Valkryie my next DPS alt and ditch the Gunner. Archer class is still my first main. biggrin.gif

I think it has been announced that TERA is going to come to Xbox One in 2018. if it is true than I am excited.

Played both the OBT's for Xbox One (open beta test) and it is quiet fun that I made a PC account. can't wait for Consoles full release :D

Oh, I used to play this game obsessively. I quit because of newer games that came out, but TERA was fun while I played. I played a female Aman. c: