Pages: (109) « First ... 107 108 [109]  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Emotional Support, Need a hug or just a friend?
Starmetal
Posted: Jan 6 2017, 06:16 PM

Level 1

Group: Members
Member No.: 229,403

QUOTE (andromedae @ Jan 4 2017, 11:37 AM)
I feel like I'm falling back into depression once more. It's been years since I recovered from my first time. I don't know what to do since I can't really afford therapy/a psychologist/meds. I don't feel like telling my loved ones either. Everything just seems...darker.

Where are you located? Some state universities and mental health hospitals have free or near-free Resident Outpatient Programs that allow you to see psychiatrists in their last year of residency. You get competent, professional care for $5 an hour, they can prescribe meds, and a lot of anti-depressants are on the $4 generic lists. If you're near Baltimore, Maryland, I can give more specific instructions on getting into Sheppard-Pratt's ROP.

Don't give up. It's a pain in the ass, but you can find treatment in most places.
andromedae
Posted: Jan 6 2017, 07:21 PM

Level 8

Member No.: 223,077

QUOTE (Starmetal @ Jan 6 2017, 03:16 PM)
Where are you located? Some state universities and mental health hospitals have free or near-free Resident Outpatient Programs that allow you to see psychiatrists in their last year of residency. You get competent, professional care for $5 an hour, they can prescribe meds, and a lot of anti-depressants are on the $4 generic lists. If you're near Baltimore, Maryland, I can give more specific instructions on getting into Sheppard-Pratt's ROP.

Don't give up. It's a pain in the ass, but you can find treatment in most places.

It would be a completely viable option if I was located in the USA. I'll be moving back to America (within a month or two) so it might be a nice option, now that you mention it. I had no idea. I'll be in California, so I'll do my research and see if this solution works out for me. Thanks for the recommendation.
Samona
Posted: Jan 7 2017, 01:06 AM

Level 1

Member No.: 50,640

So right now I'm not in a good place. I don't really feel much anymore, everything feels the same hollow way except for a few things a day. These days I'm just going through the motions much of the time. It likely started when my now Ex Best friend dumped me in November 2016, and spiraled from there.

It doesn't help that I'm in the worst state for economic growth and can't get a job to move out of it. My dreams are so much better now to stay in, it's hard to wake up in the same boring town every day. My ex room mate also chased me out of my old apartment, so I'm stuck at my parents house. Unfortunately I now have a few weeks to find a way to afford a new living situation, less than two months after a wedding that ended with my ex best friend dumping me (her wedding).

Weddings wipe out savings quick.
I think part of my problem is my walls are going back up and my defenses are on high alert after that post wedding betrayal. Everything else is just overwhelming me. The worst part is I know logically if I just sold my stuff off, things would be easier and I could afford to move.

But any actions lately seem to take so much energy, even taking pictures of things to sell. Today I just went through clothes to try to find things to list, just to try to start the process to get somewhere.
It's like this area is draining me, because there is no upwards mobility here. But I can't move without a well paying job, but I can't get a job without experience, but I can't get experience without a job, and you know the rest.

I'm the kind of person where lack of interesting and new things, lack of opportunity, it slowly kills me inside. I feel like I'm suffocating, and even looking at pictures of places that used to cheer me up doesn't help anymore. I just need to get away from here, far away, to somewhere new. Because part of my issue is I'm trapped in a state I can't stand, and I feel so alone. This kind of life isn't one I can thrive in, this state isn't one I can survive in, but I can't seem to catch a break to escape it.

I've got a therapy appointment hopefully soon, but right now I just...I don't know what to do anymore.

I just needed to vent..
SaltMoon
Posted: Jan 9 2017, 03:13 PM

Level 0

Member No.: 221,979

QUOTE (Tazzay @ Jan 2 2017, 11:56 AM)
So i'm currently going through what's apparently called "Hell's Itch". It's that point after you get a sunburn and the skin is healing.

I just spent half an hour scouring the internet, and i've read posts from those who have been drafted in the army and have had shrapnel blasted into them, and they say they'd rather that than this itch. I cannot stop squirming from how badly my back itches, i feel like peeling off an inch of skin just to relieve it.

I woke up my mum half an hour ago to ask if she could rub this anti-itch ointment i found, and she did so. It felt really good at first, the itch disappeared and my back felt better. But after no more than a minute, I got the most intense burning pain I have ever experienced, even worse than the actual burn itself. And this is coming from someone who suffers from chronic pain.

Turns out the ointment had bloody menthol in it. Note this; menthol stings on raw, sensitive skin. I ran to the shower to wash the ointment off, in so much pain I was shaking and sobbing while furiously wiping my back.

So now i'm in bed at 3am, back to squirming from this hellish itch, hoping that an allergy medication of mine will provide some relief so I can sleep. I don't think i'll be going out into the sun for a while. Also, just to say - I did put on sunscreen, and lots of it. I was in the sun for only an hour. The australian sun has no mercy.

After that event, i'm gonna gently rub my back against the wall until I either pass out, or this medicine miraculously relieves the itching. Either one would be a blessing, i'm already reeling from my normal medication not working and being unable to feel happy.

Sorry I'm replying to this late, hope your skin's feeling better.

But a word of advice for sunburn.
ALOE VERA.

Buy Aloe Vera gel, keep it in the fridge, apply heaps often, you can't overdo it. Like smear that on every hour.

It's the best stuff ever for skinburn. Hands down. So soothing and takes the bite of the burn out and prevents the peeling stage.

(BTW I'm over the ditch in NZ, I have family in Aussie c:)
Starscream
Posted: Jan 9 2017, 07:32 PM

All Hail Lord Starscream

Group: Chat Moderator
Member No.: 36,787

its a first world problem really.

But I need some technical help. Just not getting it. I been trying to read up on the subject but there is so much on it that I am confused. I know what I want to do but I can't seem to do it. I am faced with people choosing to help with the wrong things - things I can easily do myself and not with the things I need. I find myself being unable to post it without needless remarks from people who think they are being funny.

On top of this I lost an expensive fish I really wanted - heart broken with that. I want to get out of my apartment and I damn well need a huge ass hug and I am not getting it.

I am just been crying for two hours straight because I am unable to figure out what it is I am do to to fix the problem. WHere I am to fix the problem.
prpldrgnfr
Posted: Jan 9 2017, 07:57 PM

I love Gryffi FOREVERS!

Member No.: 194,100

*hugs Starscream hugely*
Starmetal
Posted: Jan 9 2017, 08:22 PM

Level 1

Member No.: 229,403

@Starscream What kind of technical help do you need? Also, I'm sorry about your fish - I have one and I adore him.
rampaging wyvern
Posted: Jan 9 2017, 08:53 PM

'Brachydios' means 'trouble'.

Member No.: 185,615

Things change.

I have to learn that things change and I have to change with them, whether I want to or not.

This post has been edited by rampaging wyvern on Jan 10 2017, 09:01 PM
aerolyx
Posted: Jan 12 2017, 05:40 AM

Level 2

Member No.: 223,405

You know what? I think I just miss too many things right now

My dog suddenly passed away in December. I've had him pretty much almost my whole life and I considered him my best friend. He was also one of the only constants in my life and just...gosh just my sweet loyal funny little companion. I miss him so SO much

My grandparents passed away last year and along with them we lost some family traditions and relations with other family members. I miss them all

I completely fell out of contact with all my friends save my closest one whom I only speak to briefly and visit a handful of times a year, growing less and less frequent it feels like. I miss them all, espcially my closest one as she is still super important to me (and I now realize I relied on her more then I should have...). I miss having friends and having people to hang out with

My parents arent perfect of course but they are darn well close. Overall theyre amazing and I do love them with all my heart. But I do miss the past relationship...I miss them helping me out when I needed it instead of yelling at me that I should know this by now. I miss them not taking me seriously if im upset/whatever. I miss them praising me for acomplishments. And so on

I've always been shy but at least before, as long as it wasnt a group or a one on one chat, I could talk. I could talk lots with friends and family. If things got bad I could always hide behind my friend mentioned above and things would be okay. But long story short, things went south and now im scared of pretty much everything ever and leaving the house scares me and i can barely post on the internet or talk to anyone outside of my sibling or mom and I cant get a new job even with my dad verbally attacking me and threatning me every single day about it and had to drop out of college and...and

Just

I get that things change. Sometimes for better or for worse. In my case, its entirely worse though. I miss so much. There is too many bad things going on. Though I guess maybe i'm just a big baby who got a bit spoiled when I was younger and doesnt know how to handle life and now i'm a failure, a socially anxious mess who is completely lost and is finding it harder and harder to stay positive about this outcome lately..but who knows

This post has been edited by aerolyx on Jan 12 2017, 05:40 AM
andromedae
Posted: Jan 13 2017, 02:59 AM

Level 8

Member No.: 223,077

/personal rant, sorry if it doesn't make much sense, don't mind me please.
Everything was going just fine this morning. But she had to throw a temper tantrum over nothing, right? And insult me along the way, thanks a lot for that (I just needed to feel like I don't deserve anything again...). I hate it when I trust people with my personal problems, especially when they're serious, and they find a way to make it all about themselves. I also hate it when adults do not act like adults. All our lives we're supposed to think adults should be serious, mature and conscientious individuals when really many of them have proven to be quite the opposite. I also hate that I have worked hard for my body and going to the gym but that my day was so stressful, I ended up bingeing. I wish my life was different. I wish I was different. I wish I was surrounded by better people because those close to me make me feel more alone than anything or anyone. I kind of want to become more independent in every way (financial, emotional, mental state, etc.) so that I can move away to a place I've never been and forget about everything and everyone that hurts me. I hope that one day I can free myself from the pain.
ab613
Posted: Jan 13 2017, 10:03 AM

Level 9

Member No.: 61,242

I got into a fight--or something--last night with my friend. He made a comment about something I had had a lot of trouble with and was not happy with myself for. He apologized immediately after but it still got to me. I don't know how much I want to have a relationship with someone who is willing to say things like that when upset. I would like to just forget about it and move on but it has been bothering me all day.
Wandering4Ever
Posted: Jan 13 2017, 01:07 PM

Level 4

Member No.: 199,059

Thought my crush on this guy was gone.
It definitely is not. Not by a long shot. Ive been trying to get rid of it for six months.
And now hes talking to me about his crush on someone else.
Kind of want to die slightly. He used to have a crush on me. Then things got complicated and to say the least now he doesnt.

Sigh. I shouldve known better than to let any sort of hope remain.
georgexu94
Posted: Jan 15 2017, 02:55 AM

Water Mage

Member No.: 196,663

QUOTE (ab613)
I got into a fight--or something--last night with my friend. He made a comment about something I had had a lot of trouble with and was not happy with myself for. He apologized immediately after but it still got to me. I don't know how much I want to have a relationship with someone who is willing to say things like that when upset. I would like to just forget about it and move on but it has been bothering me all day.

*pats* There, there! Take your time to move on. Forgiveness makes you better. It isn't just for the offender, but also for the forgiver. It heals the connection between the two. He apologised. See if it is sincere. And forgive him. Take note that this does not mean you should forget. Most say that forgive and forget, but then if one forgets, one opens herself to future offences. You should forgive but take note of the offence so next time you can be careful. Note that this isn't a licence to be hostile to him and keep on pestering him with it.

user posted image

QUOTE (Wandering4Ever @ Jan 14 2017, 02:07 AM)
Thought my crush on this guy was gone.
It definitely is not. Not by a long shot. Ive been trying to get rid of it for six months.
And now hes talking to me about his crush on someone else.
Kind of want to die slightly. He used to have a crush on me. Then things got complicated and to say the least now he doesnt.

Sigh. I shouldve known better than to let any sort of hope remain.

Oh! These feelings never truly go away. These feelings are unpredictable to say the least. I am not an expert and I got no advice to say. I'm just going to say that you shouldn't beat yourself for hoping. smile.gif Sometimes good things happen when you hope (i.e. hope used in this context)!

This post has been edited by georgexu94 on Jan 15 2017, 03:11 AM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (109) « First ... 107 108 [109] 
Add Reply
New Poll