TJ09

2016-08-14 - August Site Update

I've got a few cool features to announce this month, including some improvements to refusals and the ability to get zombies at all times.

Fertility Dragons that have had their fertility increased via the Purple Dragon's BSA have a significantly reduced chance of refusing another dragon. This only works for new pairings; existing pairs (successful or not) are unaffected by the new behavior.

Zombies Previously, zombies were limited to Halloween. Now, zombies can be obtained at any time, with a scaling chance of success based on the time (e.g. when zombies are visible, the chance is higher).

Breed Sort The "Breed" sorting option has been changed to use the breed's actual name (i.e. the one you can see in the encyclopedia) instead of the internal breed names. This change does not affect people who are currently using breed sort (if you had breed sort active before this change, your sorting choice will now appear as "Legacy Breed Name." If you change your sorting preferences away from "Legacy Breed Name," you will not be able to reselect it).

Lineage Ruler A new generation counter has been added to the top of lineage pages. This will make it easier to see what generation dragons are. A future site change will add generation counts to dragon pages as well.

This is great - thank you so much TJ! wub.gif

*wanders off to make some zombies...or at least attempt it*

Edited by Shanthaia

YESSSSS

I honestly don't know what I'm more excited for here, but it's some mix of zombies and fertility.

The ruler is fantastic (and quick! thanks!). And breed sort is good news.

Thank you so much, Bossman. <3

EDIT: Looking forward to hearing about a successful zombification. I got 5 disintegrates, but one of them led to a blank white page the first try. I used the back button and attempted revive a second time - and got a disintegration. I'm wondering if it was just a normal blip or if that would have been a zombie. >_e

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Niiiiiiiiiice. Super excited about the zombies and the ruler. Loving the idea behind the Fertility buff as well. Thanks TJ!

I saw the numbers on the lineage page and just knew there had to be an update ^^ Cool features! Love the new fertility, as getting two rares of opposite genders that refuse is probably the most aggravating thing on this site. And I might have to go try for some zombies eventually...

One thing I noticed was that now the names on lineages look kinda sloppy, starting next to the image instead of under it (the images don't line up nicely anymore.) Looks especially jarring on long names.

OH, figured it out; ctrl+F5 fixed the lineages biggrin.gif

Edited by Natakiro

Thank you for the updates. I especially like the reduced rate of refusals when using fertility on a first time pairing. That is going to help a lot.

I was wondering why my red-finned tidals were gone from the T section. Among other things. Awesome. We're going to see a lot of tombstones on scrolls the next day or so, aren't we?

Edited by dirtytabs

This is rad, thanks TJ! 5 attempts no dice but i have high hopes. I feel so bad killing them though, oof.

I got all disintegrates as well. I tried Leviathans first and then Eastern. A few Eastern's dodged away.

Nice! Time to go see if I can get some zombies.

Edit: All of them disintegrated.

Edited by KiraLwolf

Ekxoh Tuhb Whood Thuwed is/was once 2nd gen.

Alright. Thanks for explaining. What happened to their parents?

The lineage pages seem to be incompatible on some browser...

but the change of zombies is wonderful~~~

The lineage pages seem to be incompatible on some browser...

but the change of zombies is wonderful~~~

Have you tried a hard refresh?

Otherwise, please provide details of the issue (screenshot, browser, OS) you're having over in Help so that we can get it fixed. ^^