TJ09

2011-10-29 - Spam E-Mail Reporting

There has been a recent surge in users reporting forum e-mails as Spam. When you report a forum e-mail (such as a PM notification) as Spam, your e-mail provider may send a notice to the forum's host, and when that occurs, I am required to block your e-mail address from the forums. This happens most frequently with Windows Live and Hotmail.

In the past, I have dealt with this by working with individual users to replace the e-mail addresses. However, the volume has become so large that I will now be interpreting Spam reports as a clear indication that you no longer wish to have an account and will ban any forum account for which I receive such a report, as well as blocking the e-mail address from being used. Given that I am required to take action by my host, these bans with typically be non-negotiable.

Instead of reporting e-mails as junk or spam, please configure your forum e-mail settings in the User CP.

To be clear: This only applies to the forums, not the main DC site.

I don't have to worry about marking my E-Mails as spam... I've got a filter set so that any message I receive from Dragon Cave goes into its own folder.

...I don't understand.

Is it bad that DC Forum notifications go straight into my spam mail? Or is it reporting things that you get? If it's the first one, I'll immediately change it (if so, I had no ides)

o-0

DC never goes to spam.

/prods volumes of reports

I'm not entirely sure whether any emails from DC would go into spam. I haven't had a mail from here in a long time, and I'm not entirely sure how to use my email account anyway. unsure.gif Can someone give me a quick run through of how to ensure that my emails end up where I want them to? I use Yahoo.

But they don't need to make that knowing that they can configure the settings so they don't receive mails.

Someone knows when a mail is spam and when keeps being mail? (?)

oh, sorry, my cave messages go to spam automaticly although I did not mean for it to do that... (instantly changes settings)

Wait what if these actually happen to be accidental? I've messed up a couple times and do that but I usually fix them when they get marked and I use them.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Yea... I use gmail as well and I have my dc mail to auto go to my spam/junk folder because I get so many PMs that it floods my inbox... will that effect my account?

I'm not entirely sure what the issue is or what people are doing that's causing said issue. I get reply notifications in the DC forums, but I never check them. I don't make them be treated as junk mail if that's what the problem is. I just delete the posts and go on with life.

user posted image

That is what it should look like to have compleate protection from emails from DC forums. Just wanting to show it for people who might be more vissual.

I didnt even know that we got emails from the main cave.

I don't get anything other than PM notifications, which I delete immediately. I don't even know enough to set up spam folders... LOL.

Thanks

I use my spam account for forums, so I probably have a 100+ inbox

Edited by ghb523

In the past I know I've found what I assume are copies of DC PMs in my Junk mail box, generally just keep marking them as not-junk when I find them, but this just seems to be the odd time, as I get and have tons of DC notifications in my regular mail, so don't know what's up with that...

That isn't auto-reported, is it?

I'm afraid I often don't check my emails often, especially this past while.

Good to know. xd.png Disabled any option that lets out e-mails to my hotmail adress. This should solve the issue right?

Bisous

Yea... I use gmail as well and I have my dc mail to auto go to my spam/junk folder because I get so many PMs that it floods my inbox... will that effect my account?

I use Yahoo! the same way. Someone send me a PM so I can unmark it as spam, please! I can't figure out how to unmark it as spam otherwise!

Thank you so much! It's fixed now!

Edited by stogucheme

I use Yahoo! the same way. Someone send me a PM so I can unmark it as spam, please! I can't figure out how to unmark it as spam otherwise!

Done!